inner harbour islands

astonishedboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Golf, Black Mariah
I won't be able to make it to the fest

But I wanted to make a suggestion/addition to the list of Boston activities. Ot the south side of the harbour, Right by the aquarium, one can take the inner harbour island tour. Take Comm. ave. downtown and meander over to the waterfront. Find Bay State Cruises at a booth in front of the aquarium. A ferry to Georges island was 6.00 when i was there. From Georges island take the Nantascot or another water ferry (free!) to the other islands...Bumpkin or Grape island. Also the bike path that heads up river from the science center is really nice and there is a venue know as the Hacth Shell where I'm sure there are programs this weekend. Enjoy

Lineman

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-less... own a RAM 1500 Diesel now
The Inner Harbor Islands is a fun boat trip.

For people staying at the fest, the best thing to do would be to keep your car parked at the Sheraton. Take the free shuttle bus to the T, and take the Red Line inbound to Park Street. Switch from the Green to the Blue line to Aquarium.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Taking LM's suggestion, you'll get to check out the new Aquarium subway stop and the immediate area above ground will give you an idea of what our new Rose Kennedy Greenway is going to look like sans ugle green monster, formerly known as the central artery. It's really amazing stuff what's going on in the downtown area right now.

~BG