Injectors?

TDI
Silver 2001 VW Jetta TDI 5 M/T
So I bought a new to me 2001 vw jetta tdi 5 speed. lt although appears to need a set of injectors. Cylinder 4 misfire so tomorrow will do a compression test, and if it checks out then I'm open to opinions for a matched set of oem or comparable injectors? Prefferably online so I would not have to mess with a local shop.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Welcome to TDI Club!
How did you go about diagnosing the misfire @#4?
Sometimes you can find a set of rebuilt injectors in the items for sale forum.
As for nozzles, people are big on Polish .260's lately (as part of a power upgrade package).
For regular driving the OE BOSCH are fine. Modless upgrade would be .205's
You can also contact DFIS or any other BOSCH certified shop to rebuild your set through the mail.
There are also independents.
Also see here - just dive in head first lol

Last edited:

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Forgot to mention - you can buy brand new OEM at a few online vendors, but they'll have the stock nozzles.
Many TDI nerds frown upon them, but I'm still running them after 156k miles w/o issue.

TDI
Silver 2001 VW Jetta TDI 5 M/T
So cylinder 4 has no compression 😥. On a good note this car cost $1000 so i feel like I got a good deal anywho. About to dive into it head first and remove the cylinder head.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Well, enjoy it, and stick with this forum, as it contains the answers to any questions you might have regarding anything TDI related.
I recommend not forging ahead with anything unless you thoroughly understand the process. These cars are different.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. It will likely save you loads of time and buckets of money!
If you need help with the head, Franko6 is the resident expert / re-builder.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
@Franko6 is the guy to contact if you need head and/or injector nozzle work.
After also dealing with other vendors in the past, IMHO: Don't.
PM me if you have questions.