Injector loom oil leak (AXR - PD100)

Liverpool-Lad

TDI
1.9 AXR
Hi folks, we have a 2006 Polo PD100 (99k miles), stage 1 remap. Has no running or starting issues, no power loss or otherwise.

There is an oil leak coming from the injector loom on the side of the head. I am wondering if that is the cause or a symptom of excess pressure in the engine.

How can I go about testing the CCV on the rocker (with the rocker still on if possible?) I have noticed there is a slight leak from the turbo to intercooler outlet pipe, This was replaced in the past but has a slow leak. Does this point to the CCV, can it be repaired or is it new rocker cover time?

Trying to work it all out before throwing the parts cannon at it.

Thanks
Andy

Liverpool-Lad

TDI
1.9 AXR
I did wonder if it was the tandem pump but was told that was all ok by my mechanic. It lives above the loom on the end of the head. It has a Bosch pump on currently. I will try and take some pictures at the weekend as its too dark in the morning & evening here currently.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Pics would be best.

Oil is pitch black, fuel not. I would say a diesel and oil leaks would look fairly different. The injector electrical harness does have an o-ring to stop oil from coming out (see pic below), but as far as pressure I would say the oil cap would blow first if that was the case.

Liverpool-Lad

TDI
1.9 AXR
Thanks Pedro, I will run the engine from cold with the oil cap unscrewed and rested on the filler. I am wondering still if its a symtom of excess pressure but I have no way of telling easily (or whether the ccv is blocked/restricted in some way). Ill add some pics when I get the chance also, as the car gets driven each day and its too dark morning/evening in the UK before it leaves.

Andy

Liverpool-Lad

TDI
1.9 AXR
I didnt manage to take any pictures but its definitely weeping from the bottom of the loom connector onto the head after cleaning everything up. I also noticed some residue around the oil cap. Any idea how to test the CCV? Can it be serviced or is it complete new rocker time?

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
There is gasket under the oil cap. Either change the cap or gasket. The car only has 99k but it 16 years old. The looms do need to be replaced eventually. I don't know if the o ring is replaceable but if you have to replace the loom in a couple years why not do it now.
A valve cover is parts cannon territory at $300. Loom is around $100, oil cap $10 and vc gasket maybe $20. If you still think there is a problem with the ccv maybe smoke testing will work.

Liverpool-Lad

TDI
1.9 AXR
Thats the problem, narrowing the issue down. I could replace both the cap and loom and still have issues. I started it cold and rested the oil cap on the filler and it was bouncing around a little. If there was a definitive way to test the CCV that would be ideal

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
My car does that too…..granted it’s an ALH engine .
I have 5 ALH engines , and all 5 look like your video, milage ranges from 280,xxx to 447,xxx miles……not km…
I don’t think it’s an issue…… you could do a compression test , verify the health of the cylinders.
You can remove the ccv and run a catch can .