Injector Fuel Line Threads?

markward

Veteran Member
TDI
82 Vanagon and 2011 JSW
Hello, I was going to make a slide hammer adapter for removing my injectors from my ALH engine. My question, are the fuel line thread diameter and pitch the same as the diesel injectors from an NA 1.6? I found a thread that states the threads of the later injector are 14mm x 1.5 pitch. That seemed large to me. I have an injector from an earlier diesel to use for making the tool. Oh and I know I can buy a puller suited for this, but would like to try and use what I have. Thank you.

markward

Veteran Member
TDI
82 Vanagon and 2011 JSW
Yes I have purchased the Alternator pulley tool and the triangle socket for the injection pump. I keep them in the Van. In this case, I have actually two slide hammers. One is a bearing puller and the other is a body slide hammer. I just need to adapt the injector to the hammer. I can weld two nuts together. One that matches the injector and one that matches the slide hammer. Seems simple enough. Thank you though for the bump.

markward

Veteran Member
TDI
82 Vanagon and 2011 JSW
Vince, thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I had already made the adapter before I saw your answer using an early injector with 12 mm threads. :( I stopped by the hardware store this morning on the way in to work and bought a 14mm nut. It looks quite large. I will make another adapter tonight so I will have both. Thanks again. mark

Last edited:

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Just amke sure you put a leed in bevel on the end so you can get the #3 injector out without damaging the Needle Lift Sensor

markward

Veteran Member
TDI
82 Vanagon and 2011 JSW
Jason, not exactly sure what you mean about a leed in bevel? I am welding two nuts together that will allow me to thread the slide hammer 1/2 inch fine thread on to the injector threads 14 x 1.5. Are you saying if I pull the injector by the threads I can damage the needle lift sensor on number 3? Do you have a picture of what you are trying to describe? Thank you. mark

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Not a great pic , but I made this one last year.
Look at the end and you'll see a slight taper near the threadss, the #3 injector has some kind of ceramic around the wireing and wanted to avoid contact and damage.
I'm not sure a1/2" NF will thred onto an M14, 1/2 " is only 12.7 MM

with the amount of pressure going through these lins I wouldn't want to damage them and have fuel leaks.

markward

Veteran Member
TDI
82 Vanagon and 2011 JSW
Jason, your adapter looks a lot nicer than what I am making. My slide hammer has 1/2" fine threads on it. The one I made yesterday was two nuts welded together. I just chose the wrong metric size. My intention is to thread my adapter on to the injector no more than needed and then thread the slide hammer on to the adapter I made. I think when I get the fuel lines off it will be clearer. I will pay special attention to the #3 injector. My welder is at the shop and the van is in my garage, so I can't see both at the same time. Thanks again. mark

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ok I see what you have, an adapter that threads onto the slide hammer.
Mine is a one peice mad specifically for these injectors.