injection pumps rebuilding

bowlerman

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta tdi black
who are people using these days? i need to get 1 checked out and 1 rebuilt. back in the day the forums used to use a place in oregon. i found a guy called injection solutions in elkton md. anyone used them? or who are we recommending these days?

ts888

Veteran Member
TDI
03 ALH
For *new* pumps yes. I wouldn't want to pay to ship one over to him for a rebuild though.

DFIS is probably the most well known here.
I send customer stuff to DFIS regularly, but if I needed a pump for my TDI I'd happily spend 60% less and get it from Power TDI. Heck, DFIS can have my old pump for free!

bowlerman

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta tdi black
Has anybody shipped one to power TDI. For a regular rebuild it looks around 300 but what about the shipping. And does anybody have dfis info?

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
if you bought from powertdi, you'd just keep or sell your old pump as a core. after exchange rate and paypal fees, an 11mm pump would probably cost ~$415-420 usd shipped.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I have bought directly off P_TDI through burpod.

I have had no luck trying to arrange a 're-build mine' for a set of BEW injectors. Still going to try as I *REALLY want bigger ones. And with two shipping events it is ~650 USD for Wuzetem nozzle install. How to pay, where to ship, and how long could really use an answer or three...LOL

Douglas

dieseldonato

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
Resealing is 3/4 of the job of rebuilding it. the price is nuts either way, but dfis does solid work.

dirtride

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
I sent my 11mm pump to DFIS almost 6 weeks ago and as of last Monday, (5/6/24) they still have not even looked at it to give me an estimate.
Are they that far behind? Are they that good?

I would really like to stop having to change the diaper on my current running pump with almost 300K on it....

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Locally (in my neck of the woods), City Diesel (Knoxville, Tennessee) has a good reputation. The Dodge guys use them. It has been many years ago since I had them to rebuild a VE IP for my 1.6 VW diesel engine.

I only share this info, because, surely there is a business somewhere locally for everyone that's trustworthy. And, surely DFIS doesn't provide 100% of the Injection Pump service for North America.

dieseldonato

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
Locally (in my neck of the woods), City Diesel (Knoxville, Tennessee) has a good reputation. The Dodge guys use them. It has been many years ago since I had them to rebuild a VE IP for my 1.6 VW diesel engine.

I only share this info, because, surely there is a business somewhere locally for everyone that's trustworthy. And, surely DFIS doesn't provide 100% of the Injection Pump service for North America.
There's only 2 options around here for pump shops, Miller diesel and Conestoga diesel injection. Conestoga used to be a great shop, Glen (original owner.) Sold out to one of the employees and everything changed. Prices went up quality went down.
Miller diesel is a decent shop, but they stopped doing the older ve/vp pumps in house. May as well send it out at that point. Idk, options arnt great around here.

dirtride

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
I sent my 11mm pump to DFIS almost 6 weeks ago and as of last Monday, (5/6/24) they still have not even looked at it to give me an estimate.
Are they that far behind? Are they that good?

I would really like to stop having to change the diaper on my current running pump with almost 300K on it....
Update: I just got my pump back from DFIS 5/28/24. Long list of parts and seals needed plus test and calibrate. Assembly, test and calibrate was the most expensive thing on the invoice, 5 hours @ $150.00 an hour. Pump looks brand new, all new Bosch parts installed, including main housing. Upon request, they did send back my old parts in the box. I will be installing this in my Golf the end of this month.

Total cost; $1,663.00 back to my door.

Yep!! 😮

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
5 hours to calibrate ......... were they cablibrating the IP or their machine (pun intended). Really! Hmm, new housing. Did they say why?

Genesis

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
Well now I'm reconsidering my former full-throated endorsement of that place. It seems they've joined the crew of contractors who think bidding 10 large for a deck re-do when the materials are under $1,500 (and now, being near completion, I know how many man-hours are in the job too) with those folks exploiting what was a tripling of lumber and similar during the pandemic crazy -- and which has since gone back to normal.

If the one in the car below pukes I'll be rebuilding it myself.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Genesis, I just noticed you are in Sevier County, TN. Hmm. We go there about every Sunday afternoon for a drive thru and then over to Cade's Cove to see the animals. We saw 16 bear there yesterday. Oddly, we never saw any Deer.

Yeah, a Bosch Injection Pump is easily disassembled and reassembled. This is not rocket science in my opinion. I bet the guys at City Diesel in Knoxville does rebuilds cheaper than what we're seeing here. Thoughts?