Injection pump seals

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
How hard is it to change out the top seals on the injection pump? I did the hammer mod and it worked out great but now I have the top seals leaking. Can't really tell if it is just the very top or both the top seals. Thanks for any info.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Not bad. They sell kits. There are instructions. Can even be done in car, but you need it very clean.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
The top two seals are not difficult. You just need to keep clean per above, and carefully line up the quantity adjuster nub with its corresponding hole in the fuel relief collar.

Good idea to scribe the housings before removal so you can line them back up again

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Take the car to a car wash. Let the engine cool down for a few minutes. Then, slowly introduce it to the water. Once you feel comfortable that the engine is cooled down.......... pressure wash it. Protect the Alternator from water. As the last two posters noted, clean work will result in success! I've pressure washed my VW diesels for over 40 years with no problems! ............ just protect the end of the ALT where the wires connect.