Info on injection pump guy on ebay

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
How is the guy on ebay, "prothe" who sells injection pumps and pump parts and is just south of Charlotte, NC? Who has experience with him?
He has a rebuilt injection pump for a 1Z up for a good price it seems. I need to get my injection pump checked on my 1Z as it has 232,000 miles on it and was thinking of picking it up and replacing mine, or would it be better to send my pump to DFIS out in Oregon. I have replaced the top and middle seals on my pump, so have not leak issues currently, but getting ready to start to make my own biodiesel. So what do you guys with experience on injection pump repair and rebuild think?

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Not the greatest of reputations around here... in fact, quite the opposite...

If your pump isn't letting you know that it wants to be rebuilt, I'd say you should leave it alone...

In any case, a pump that's gone through DFIS is bound to be a heck of a lot more reliable than a used one taken off a wreck...

All the best,

Yuri.

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
Injection Pump

Thanks Yuri for the information. As I suspected, but good to know anyway. My pump is a little loud but no obvious problems yet. Bruce (Paramedick) changed te middle seal at Impexfest last May, so no problems since then. I love and rely on my B4, so want to keep it going for another 200,000 miles or more if I can. I will let the sale pass and just send my pump to DFIS when the time comes.