TDI
None- Jetta-0 - Mexico 1
Is the GTG going to happen OCT 25, 2003 at the
Capistrano VW
1. What time's?
2. Any cost ?
3.Is dealer service open that day?
4. Is someone bringing a VAGCOM ?
( I have one and will bring it, but we should have extra in case I can't make it)
There is always a chance I may not make it, my 6 month old has had a ear infection and either of us have slept in 3 days. So life is up and down for me at the moment .

5. Is the trip to the RTC fuel station still planned?
I have to come back so thats on my way home.

6.Anything else needed ?
7.FOOD ??????
There was a mention of snacks or hotdogs or something on the other post. Should we bring something ?? Sodas, chips ??

I have never been to one of thease before so I want to have a idea of what to expect.

My wife and 6 month old boy plan to come also. I make no promise about not getting baby spit on you. If you come near him its at your own risk /images/graemlins/grin.gif

There is about a 20% chance I may have to work and will not be able to come. I will know on the Friday 24 if my Navy buddy is going to be able to work for me.
As of now, I am going if this thing is on.

It takes work to organizing something like this. So so THANKS and I want the guys doing it to know I will do my best to come. If there is something I can bring to make it better let me know. ( like food or tools)

But we do need answers to my questions listed.

tdiboxer

TDI
JETTA/2003/Platinum Grey
SO CAL GTG OCT 25 , 2003

At least I won't be the only one bringing my wife and six month old /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I'll see you there.

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
SO CAL GTG OCT 25 , 2003

I don't have any info yet, but if I go I will have my vagcom with me. Hopefully my car will be out of the body shop by then. It's going on 30 business days. /images/graemlins/mad.gif F%&king insurance company body shop! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
SO CAL GTG OCT 25 , 2003

Hello, First D? Anyone home? Us friendly TDI folks would like an update and details if and when they are available...I'll have my vag com with me, and I believe First D is having some work done, as a "demo", so the service bays will probably be open. I would assume, based on prior GTG's, that there would be no costs, but First D can clarify that. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Hope you get your car back by then, Gary!

First D

Veteran Member
I got to speak with Greg Adams at Capistrano yesterday...here's the answer to your questions:

1. The event will basically start about 9ish. 9:15-9:30 is probably a good time to arrive. I will take my car in for a 60k service, so we can use my car for any questions which might arise.

2. No costs.

3. The dealership is open for service, but I'd highly recommend getting your appointment NOW as they do fill up.

4. Somebody probably will bring a VAG COM...I will ask in the other thread.

5. Response for driving to the RTC was non-existant, so that is not planned for now. However, if there is interest at the event, we could still go after the event is over (about 2pm).

6. You can bring some money if you want to buy parts. I'm pretty sure they will be having the 20% discount on parts like they did last time. Otherwise all you need to bring are you and your car.

7. Lunch will be provided.

There will also be some talks given by Capistrano. Greg will be giving me a list of subjects, I'll choose a few from the list. This will be finalized later this week.

This is a very informal event...just enjoy the comraderie and have a good time!

For those of you who have not RSVPed to the event, go to Davin's thread to do so. I would like as accurate a count as possible so Capistrano can order the appropriate amount of food...