Inake Manifold ?

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
I wasn't sure what this was, so I guessed. Anyway, the reason for my post is the oil residue beginning to collect around this part. It's been oil-free for most of the 100K miles. I just noticed it during the last oil change. Is this normal for a car with this many miles? Is this a sign of problems? Are there gaskets that I could replace without too much trouble? Now that my car has hit 100K miles I'm getting anxiuos on what parts are starting to wear out. I would prefer to replace prior to a failure if possible. On a different note, is it worth replacing the turbo when the TB and water pump service is done?
Your experience and input is appreciated.
BTW... Merry Christmas to all of you.
Mac

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
EGR / Throttle Control Gaskets going bad?

T-MILLS
This is an AWESOME pdf file on the CR2.0 engine!! Thanks for the link.
Yes, the part I'm concerned about is the EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid Valve and Throttle Valve Control Module. (this area) I assume gaskets are used and perhaps they are wearing out?? Thus the reason I am seeing oil residue starting to collect around here.

T-MILLS

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
There are three gaskets in this area. One between the intake manifold and EGR vacuum regulator valve. One between the EGR and Throttle Valve control module. And one between the EGR and the connecting pipe between the exhaust manifold and intake manifold. The manual says to replace the connecting pipe with new (im assuming if you disconnect) and install without tension or to not bend or stretch to avoid cracking. I have 89k on my 09 and haven't noticed any oil buildup in the area but im throwing a CEL for my intake manifold and in the process of figuring it out but im thinking my intake manifold might need replaced or cleaned. If i have to remove it ill let you know what the top seal looks like. (it might be a few weeks before i get to it, I need to meter out the wires first and havent found the time). Hope that helps.