In VCDS, is it possible to remove signal to the Throttle Cut when brakes are engaged MK4 Golf (5spd ALH) and Mk5 Jetta (1.9pd 5spd) ?

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
That is a safety function baked into the firmware of the ECM, so I have my doubts it would be possible to do such a thing with a dealer level scan tool like VCDS.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,

Sword_of_the_Spirit

Veteran Member
TDI
All Makes
Thanks for the reply guys.

Well, it may be similar, but I use it for heel/toe on decel.

Motion is the critical factor it seems. The ECU is triggering the safety.

too many times around a track and my habits have changed…..

d24tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4V
The '80s Audi "unintended acceleration" scandal I think made VW very sensitive about detecting and stopping "pedal misapplication" situations. Hence their having programmed the cars this way (plus the elaborate shift interlock system on automatics that, unlike most makes, operates to protect shifts not only from park but also from neutral).

Unless I am mistaken though, it still should let you get away with a short blip of the throttle for heel and toe downshifts. Though I guess I'm not sure what year/model TDI you're driving, and if it's a newer car than what I have experience with, I may be wrong about that. But at least on all the cars I've had (PD and older, no newer CR era models that I can speak to on this), it'll let you rev the motor with a quick stab of the gas, even if you're on the brakes also. It only will intervene and shut down the throttle input after you have been holding both pedals down for more a second or two, when it figures you must be making a potentially fatal mistake.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I understand how tuning in launch control would work while sitting still, if the vehicle is moving would launch control engage?

Sword_of_the_Spirit

Veteran Member
TDI
All Makes
Yes, there is a difference in timing the safety between an ALH and a BRM. ALH is nearly instantaneous (.5sec by my calculations), whereas the BRM can be negated (solid 2.5sec).

Launch control is an entirely different algo.

Motion is critical