In NYC?

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
I am really looking forward in owning a TDI but after reading many posts under different forums, I wonder if a TDI (engine) will be "ok" in the stop and go traffic of NYC? Please advice.
Jess

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
You will have more of a tendancy towards intake clogging under those circumstances, but as long as you can take it on longer drives once a week or so I wouldn't expect too many other problems. Our car probably sees similar use here in the DC metro area.

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Dave_D said:
You will have more of a tendancy towards intake clogging under those circumstances, but as long as you can take it on longer drives once a week or so I wouldn't expect too many other problems. Our car probably sees similar use here in the DC metro area.
But that may be less of a problem with the upcoming availability of ULSD.

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks! Now I can do my search (for a TDI wagon) without any worries.
Jess

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
btw

I got the CAR!! By the way, how many miles per gallon did you get in driving around the city with a manual?

Jess

zaeli

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 golf 175k (totaled, sold) 2000 golf tdi 375k (Malone 1.5) 2002 green diesel bug
I live in Jersey City, NJ and my wife commutes to Williamsburg 4-5 nights a week for band practices. We own a '04 golf tdi manual and average 38.5mpg (500m/tank+/-). I find we get better fuel economy with gulf diesel select as opposed to citgo... although can beat the $2.69 price at the citgo on 1/9 tonnele ave. Everywhere else its $2.85 or more.