ImpexTDIFest 2014

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Impex TDI Fest
Saturday, May 17th
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Under New Management, But The Tradition Continues​

WHERE
World Impex
10821 Williamson Lane
Cockeysville, MD 21030
http://www.worldimpex.com/impexfest.html

PARTS and SUPPLIES

If you are purchasing parts, fluids, or other supplies from World Impex, please order them before the day of the Fest and tell the salesperson that you are in the TDI Fest "gang"; you will get preferred pricing. If you want to order on line you will have to call in to be placed on the Fest list. Pre-orders are most appreciated and, if you place your order early enough, you can pick it up on Fest day. You will be able to buy parts that day, but there’s no guarantee that what you need will be in stock. You can, of course, bring your own, but remember that World Impex supports this annual event as well as TDIFest and this ad-free website.

Please see the note below if you need key replacement/coding.

You are responsible for leaving the Fest with any old parts that you changed out (unless you're leaving a core), or any fluids that you drained.

FOOD

Departing from the "eat what ya brung" tradition of previous Fests, World Impex will be supplying Pit Beef and Bratwurst with all of the trimmings. The attendees will supply the side dishes, salads, deserts, etc. World Impex will also supply the soft drinks and the attendees can bring beer, hard cider, or the poison of their choice :D, if they wish.

There will be a separate Food Thread for you to sign up and let us know what you are going to bring.

MECHANICAL SERVICES

Please note that this is a PRELIMINARY list of services, which we MIGHT be able to offer if there’s enough interest. If you sign up and we get an adequate number of people for a particular service to warrant having the appropriate technicians on site for the Fest, please do them the courtesy of SHOWING UP!

To have your name put on a list please reply, without quote, or PM me and state in which activities you would like to participate.

If you are interested in anything that is NOT on the list, reply, again without quote, or PM me and we will see if it is an option that can be arranged.

I would like to have my car tuned by Jeff @ RocketChip:
Note: RocketChip is confirmed. As in the past, this list is for information purposes only, and is not the order in which cars will be tuned. Jeff will have his sign up sheet and tuning will be done on a first-come, first-served basis.
edgewatertom
Addihul
mrvermin
glitch1985
97pssat04golfTDIs
Drnknmnky13
Brussels Belgian

I will need to use a lift to work on my car:
Note: There are two lifts available, but try to keep your projects manageable so as to not tie them up all day.
mrvermin (Just checking)
NewVWFanatic - Check for Rattles
Optics2171 - Oil Change

I would like to have my brakes bled or fluid flushed:
NewVWFanatic
glitch1985
rhg

I have dents that I would like to have removed (PDR):
Note: Tim Henkel from Dent Wizard has been confirmed.
1854sailor
BrentRN
ericy
Leo819
97pssat04golfTDIs
Optics2171

I have alloy wheels that need repair:
tomo366
1854sailor
FanofAllDiesels
Optics2171

I am interested in having some paint touch up done:
tomo366
msantram

I need interior vinyl repairs:
tomo366
msantram
ACHTUNG TDI
NYSCOTTL

I need a windshield installed or chip repair made:
Davon had an accident and totaled his truck, so he will not be able to do any replacements or repairs. He may show up to answer questions.
BrentRN

I want to do a Diesel Purge treatment to my car:

I would like to have my headlight lenses polished:
edgewatertom
msantram
BrentRN
NewVWFanatic

I am interested in learning how to use VCDS:
msantram
Bob S.
97pssat04golfTDIs

I need a new key and fob and want to have it coded to my car:
Note: Impex will need your VIN to have the new key cut and, because of the obvious security reasons, you will need to E-mail or Fax a copy of your Title and Drivers License to Alex, Doug or Will. Order early as it takes a minimum of two days to get the key and have it cut.

I have the following used parts to sell:
donDavide - 235/45-18 General tires w/~3500 hwy. miles

I am looking for the following used parts:

I am coming to hang out and work on my own car or help others work on theirs:
FanofAllDiesels
1854sailor (W/VCDS)
tomo366
VeeDubTDI
compu_85
MonsterTDI09
MonsterDog
ericy
ACHTUNG TDI
msantram
BrentRN
YEAAAAH
Drnknmnky13
donDavide
Bob S.
edgewatertom
97pssat04golfTDIs
Shaeet (Maybe)
n1das (W/VCDS)
Lisa
Leo918
Addihul
mrvermin
jettafock
NewVWFanatic
glitch1985 (W/VCDS Cable)
blitzed
bandz7
sootwagen
Optics2171
Optics2171's brother
Brussels Belgian

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Before this gets too far along, I want to post this just so everyone knows that I am in no way affiliated with World Impex, other than as a long time customer.

The new owners have done a lot in recent weeks to clean up the mess left to them and to restore the good will lost here on TDI Club when the s**t hit the proverbial fan back in December so I, for one, feel they deserve our support.

I organized last year's event because the usual suspects were unable to; so, being local and familiar with the set-up, I offered to put this year's Impex TDI Fest thread on this forum and keep it up to date. Please PM me if you have any suggestions or comments.

Last edited:

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
What they charge for windshield? Would they have time to do?

I will be there. Start a food list :D

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Tom, I'll get the glass guy's contact info and post it above so you can give him a holler. Cost most likely varies with model, year, etc., but I'm sure that time is not an issue.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
On the calendar. See you there
Jeff ;-))

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
I will be there!:)

I need interior vinyl (leather seat) repair.
I will hang out with others.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Always wanted to make one of these but always the same weekend as Southern Worthersee.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'll only be able to make it for the morning. I have a wedding to attend at 4:30 back in Woodbridge and I might have to work, too. Busy day.

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
I could use dent repair, touch up (curb rash on the front spoiler), headlight polish, and replacement of windshield for my 2006 Jetta.

I have floor mats and a rear mat from our dear departed 2102 JSW (RIP) for sale. I also have a RCD 510 radio and some knockoff LED taillights for MKV.

Last edited:

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
I plan on being there, though I am not sure what vehicle yet. I may have some items such as 235/45/18 Generals w/ only 3-3500 highway miles to sell.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
I plan to be there myself. Not sure whether I bring my car or the wife's car. Mine is in decent shape - the wife's car needs some help from DentWizard.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Paul, thanks for picking this up again this year. I will try to make it this year. If I am able to, consider me interested in the VCVDS education.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Paul, thanks for picking this up again this year. I will try to make it this year. If I am able to, consider me interested in the VCVDS education.
Hope to see you there. We have missed you at the last few GTGs.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
We understand, and hope that you are mending well. You and Eric will be missed. Hope you will be able to make it to St. Louis for TDI Fest.
I'm fine. I just don't have much benefit time available, and an extra $500 or so do devote to the jaunt to Maryland. The days of attending a GTG, then driving 10 hours home to work the next morning are definitely over!!!

See y'all in St. Louis and at selected GTGs this summer. :D

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
I'm fine. I just don't have much benefit time available, and an extra $500 or so do devote to the jaunt to Maryland. The days of attending a GTG, then driving 10 hours home to work the next morning are definitely over!!!

That sux, I always enjoyed seeing you!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI

Understood! See you in St. Louis.