ImpexTDIFest 2013

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Great news so far. The VCDS should be a winner.

Are there mechanisms to program the new keys to the vehicle? Impex? Jeff?

It looks like this one is shaping up to be an excellent event. Food sign up thread to be posted in early April?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Great news so far. The VCDS should be a winner.

Are there mechanisms to program the new keys to the vehicle? Impex? Jeff?

It looks like this one is shaping up to be an excellent event. Food sign up thread to be posted in early April?
Got a reply from Uwe today, and they may be able to have someone at the Fest. If not, we are in very good hands with Jason and his big screen. TV:D

Jeff is filling up quick with tunes and Alex indicated that Impex does not have the software, I'll check with Lito regarding key programming.

Yes, I'll sticky the food thread about a month out.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Please take my name off the list(s). I will be moving out West at the end of April which means unfortunately I will miss ImpexFest....

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Beautiful country out there. I have an old friend who used to live in Laramie. He was the chair of the Art History Department and the Rodeo Team Coach at UW. He rode cattle drives for a few years, and he is currently in Santa Fe, NM raising quarter horses and writing cowboy cookbooks.

Last edited:

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Yes signed myself up for the 2014TDIFest too...!

I have old friends out there. Lived in that area for about 12 years in the 80s and 90s. It is time to return.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Smart to get out of this area. I lived just across the state line in Utah years ago and spend much time from Green River & Rock Springs area & West. Safe travels. If your taking the MK4, time for a lift kit and a steel skip plate.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Taking the MK4 and towing a 5x8 trailer. Lift kit was 17" wheels and tires. Skid plate I'd like, but my budget was blown unexpectedly. Once I'm out there I will have a garage and more freedom to do updates.

Lots of work to do between now and then!

sootwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Please sign me up for the VCDS class, and to hang out and help others with their cars. I also have VCDS running in a Virtual Machine on a Macbook. If needed, my 2003 wagon can be used for the ALH model in the class.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Please sign me up for the VCDS class, and to hang out and help others with their cars. I also have VCDS running in a Virtual Machine on a Macbook. If needed, my 2003 wagon can be used for the ALH model in the class.
Thanks for offering your ALH for VCDS demos! That would be great - what time are you getting into town?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thanks for the PM. Looks like this is going to work out well.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
You can change my maybes to attendings :) Barring me getting sick or some other natural disaster, I'll be there!

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
You can toss my name on the Vag-Com list as well. I also plan on just hanging out and soaking up the knowledge, always happy to lend a hand/wrench to someone.

Ben

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We're a month and a half out, folks. Now would be a good time to start thinking about your parts wish lists so you can order parts and pick them up at the GTG (save on shipping and support our GTG sponsor, World Impex). :cool:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Bump and update. I spoke with Tim Henkel with Dent Masters, the PDR tech that tongsli and tomo366 had used for past ImpexFests, and he already had us on his schedule. Thanks, Lito! He will also have a paint touch-up, interior repair and windshield chip tech with him. I'm still waiting to hear back from the mobile windshield replacement folks. We have 2 people signed up for new glass so far, might be enough to justify having someone there.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Bump and update. I spoke with Tim Henkel with Dent Masters, the PDR tech that tongsli and tomo366 had used for past ImpexFests, and he already had us on his schedule. Thanks, Lito! He will also have a paint touch-up, interior repair and windshield chip tech with him. I'm still waiting to hear back from the mobile windshield replacement folks. We have 2 people signed up for new glass so far, might be enough to justify having someone there.
That's great news. Put me down for a small dent on the trunk of the Passat - no idea where it came from. :confused:

While you're editing lists, you can remove me from the tune list.

Last edited:

rhg

TDI
02 Golf 4dr 5M GLS
I'll be there.

Would like to get touch-up paint repair, should be at 400k by then so the car deserves it.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
One question on the touch paint.What colors will he have on hand?