Impexfest VI - May 4th & 5th, 2007

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
MaryP said:
Had a great time at Impex, as usual. Lito, thanks for all the hard work you do!

I had taken some pictures, but I must have had my camera settings off, because they all came out really grainy. I'm bummed.

Sorry I missed dinner Sat. night. The time I had with my family was priceless though... ;)

Lito, either the diesel purge or the hi-test stuff you added sure made my car very peppy. It is idling smoother now as well. I am sure my mileage went up, but I haven't refilled to check it to check for sure. I will look into buying that Startron from West Marine...
Mary, did you catch Glen's comments? http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1717822&postcount=476

I put the Startron in his tank as well.:D

I'm glad you notice a difference.

Lito

peterkin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI, RC3 ASV110, Sprint 520's....Lots of Fun. (Sold it, like an IDIOT)
It was really great meeting everyone. I have been to meets before regarding other makes and you guys are BY FAR the coolest bunch of people ever! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the help, advice, and knowledge I got from asking questions and just generally listening. This is my first TDI and my first diesel vehicle. After meeting all of you and driving this car I will be a TDI owner for life now. I got my boost problem fixed and now clutch is starting to slip ( Speedtuning Chip ). My boost is rock solid at 20 psi, and the thing is an ABSOLUTE blast to drive. See you guys out there on the road, and at the next meet!

I would thank folks personally, but I didn't get everyone's screename and I'm horrible at remembering names. If you don't remember me, I was the big black guy with the little white Jetta TDI. Again, thanks to all of you.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
peterkin said:
It was really great meeting everyone. I have been to meets before regarding other makes and you guys are BY FAR the coolest bunch of people ever! I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the help, advice, and knowledge I got from asking questions and just generally listening. This is my first TDI and my first diesel vehicle. After meeting all of you and driving this car I will be a TDI owner for life now. I got my boost problem fixed and now clutch is starting to slip ( Speedtuning Chip ). My boost is rock solid at 20 psi, and the thing is an ABSOLUTE blast to drive. See you guys out there on the road, and at the next meet!

I would thank folks personally, but I didn't get everyone's screename and I'm horrible at remembering names. If you don't remember me, I was the big black guy with the little white Jetta TDI. Again, thanks to all of you.
Birdman was the one who assisted you on your boost leak.

It was great to meet you as well. Look forward to seeing you at the next GTG.

Lito

FanofAllDiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf Gls
Pictures

Here are a few that I snapped. Enjoy!

First some people:

Your organizer and master chef - Lito!

How often do you see Glen do THIS at a GTG?

Peter is imparting some of his TDI wisdom.

Just hanging

StealthTDI

Now for some cars...

Tomo's first love!

Sweet Corrada TDI!

My ride - Proof I wash it at least once a year:)

Thanks to John for hosting and Lito for organizing. I had a great time, as usual.

Jeff

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
I had a blast as well learning and doing. I'm down for 3 weeks right now, I had surgery on my nose yesterday and I can't do a damned thing for 3 weeks. :mad: THANKS TO IMPEX FOR HOSTING THE EVENT!!

Justler

Veteran Member
Who is the Peter in that picture? I mean, what username? Good to put faces to usernames!

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
SVTWEB and the impex staff are the only ones I have username/face recognition on :(

I really didn't do too much talking when I stopped by because I didn't see any faces I recognized.

Medic92

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
robzuk said:
I had a blast as well learning and doing. I'm down for 3 weeks right now, I had surgery on my nose yesterday and I can't do a damned thing for 3 weeks. :mad: THANKS TO IMPEX FOR HOSTING THE EVENT!!
I was hoping to run in to you. I drive the blue, lowered, A4 Jetta with the mufflerectomy.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
PeterV. Related by marriage to Hampsterdiesel. And hosts of some of the best GTGs in the Northeast (excepting ImpexFest, of course).

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta

scottab

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Hello all. Just an update. I hit the Dyno on the way back from Connecticut this morning and the numbers are pretty sweet! 131whp with 240ft lbs of torque.
Jeff also cut my fuel request by almost half from what the Upsolute had changed in the OEM ECU setup. This sent my MPG up to over 50mpg on the trip from Connecticut to Virginia. I had noticed an increase on the trip from Maryland to Connecticut but couldn't keep my foot out of it. :)

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
yeah Frank at DTP metioned that some car from Conn was there earlier. Wish I had been done at the junk yard a little earlier.

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
scottab said:
Hello all. Just an update. I hit the Dyno on the way back from Connecticut this morning and the numbers are pretty sweet! 131whp with 240ft lbs of torque.
Jeff also cut my fuel request by almost half from what the Upsolute had changed in the OEM ECU setup. This sent my MPG up to over 50mpg on the trip from Connecticut to Virginia. I had noticed an increase on the trip from Maryland to Connecticut but couldn't keep my foot out of it. :)
Excellent mpg's in a PD. :D

Last edited:

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
:eek:
Medic92 said:
I was hoping to run in to you. I drive the blue, lowered, A4 Jetta with the mufflerectomy.
I live right in Bel Air. Y'all almost got to ride me to the hospital after the surgery. Right after I made that post, I started to bleed out pretty good.:mad: I figure I lost about 700cc's of blood between Bel Air and GBMC, not a fun ride at all !! :eek:

If you ever need anything, PM me, I'm always around after 4 pm.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Our gracious host...watching us punch holes in his parking lot for the 7th year in a row...

Ok guys, grab your poles...

Work it Robert!

Go Peter, go Peter!

...and Tomo outdoes everyone...

NOTE: The cars in this photo are really stunt doubles for PeterV's & Hamsterdiesel's cars...

Peter's inside with the 'new' Reflex Silver "T Red"...

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Hamsterdiesel said:
Peter's inside with the 'new' Reflex Silver "T Red"...
I wonder what Tomo is thinking as he has a pretty mighty serious expression on his face.....or is that a look of wonder at Peter's strength in holding up a Jetta with ten fingertips? :p

Nice to see you finally posted these pics you promised us a couple of weeks back! :)

FanofAllDiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf Gls
A few more pictures

I promise that the TDIFest registration page will be up really soon!

Mary always attracts a crowd of men..

Dan and others...

Q. How many Tdi clubbers does it take to put in a rivnut?

A. 11, 1(Oliver) to put in the rivnut and 10 to stand around and watch:D

Enjoy,

Jeff

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
But I don't even SEE Oliver in there!

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
Oye! Talk about a photo adding 10 pounds, how about 20! And who was I making a face at? Had to be Matt, he tends to bring that out in people! LOL! :p :D

Well, Lito the car is definately running better and stronger, but can't say my mileage went up any. 'Course it may be that lead foot of mine making all the difference... :D

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
MaryP said:
Oye! Talk about a photo adding 10 pounds, how about 20! And who was I making a face at? Had to be Matt, he tends to bring that out in people! LOL! :p :D

Well, Lito the car is definately running better and stronger, but can't say my mileage went up any. 'Course it may be that lead foot of mine making all the difference... :D
That's good to hear. Hmmm...Mary the lead foot! LOL

scottab

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
beachkokopelli said:
Scott, yeah thanks rub it in why don't you?? Why did I let you take my spot at Impex again for the Rocketchip :)
Love ya man! I'll let you cut next year when I am in line for stage three!
;)