Impexfest VI - May 4th & 5th, 2007

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
There was a bad ding on the DS rear flare that was repaired at the gtg. The one that I "think" is a new one is on the PS rear flare. Oh well. its a daily driver and will get her share of war wounds

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
no-blue-screen said:
who had the black 96-97 passat for sale? Was it a TDI or a gasser? Was that yours Paramedick?
Nope, my black beauty is not for sale. The gentleman that owns that car just purchased a new 97 B4. He's selling the 96 B4. It should show up in the classifieds in a few days. It appears to be a nice car. Relatively low mileage, too. TDI, of course!

samspock

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Shadow Blue

OilBurnerDE

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat T-Red
G60ING said:
There was a bad ding on the DS rear flare that was repaired at the gtg. The one that I "think" is a new one is on the PS rear flare. Oh well. its a daily driver and will get her share of war wounds
I saw one on the passenger side toward the front part of the flare. I thought they tried to fix it but didn't have access to it?

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"
Impex was great!!

My first Impex was well worth the drive from Metro Atlanta. Now I can put some faces with some names. Tomo, PaxTDI, PeterV, HamsterTDI, MoGolf, Tongli, Paramedic, John, Oliver, Jeff, and so many others that I will definitely be back next year. John did a great job of seperating me from my money but, in return I have some great parts to install. I enjoyed the conversations and the chance to look at some truly exceptionally well set up TDI's. I have some pics that I will post today sometime for everyones perusal. Wish I had taken more but, hopefully there will be a next time.

Thanks to all that came and contributed to making this a great event.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
samspock said:
I had a great time. Can't wait till the next one!

I am the geek in the first pic in this album doing a fuel filter change. It almost looks like I know my way around under the hood!
I think I saw you guys while I was there...which one of those guys is you samspock?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
OilBurnerDE said:
I saw one on the passenger side toward the front part of the flare. I thought they tried to fix it but didn't have access to it?
Now I can let the blood pressure go down. :) Thanks. Its sad that I don't remember these litle things about my own car.

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Thank you, Impexfest!

Hi Impexfesters! Thank you all for a great Fest! Thank you Lito, and John for organising this GTG; Lito your barbeque was delicious. I have no names to attach to faces, so I'll thank by descriptions. Chiropractor thank you for barbequeing another hotdog for Dean (Ecodean, silver TDI) and me. Dean (white TDI) it was nice talking with you too, it was great to see Tristan's enthusiasm! Paramedik thank you for your help with Vag.com, hope to try it soon. Sunflower guy enjoy the chipping (TDI's and the birds'!). I enjoyed talking with many others but don't have names to attach to my thank yous, so I apologise for a generic one.
Dean & I are looking forward to the TDIfest 2007, and maybe we'll hit the Waterfest in Jersey.
Whitetdi05 (Kristina)

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Thanks to Lito and John. Had a great time cleaning up the black golf. It cleaned up pretty well although I didn't get to the roof or the lower panels. And lost energy before I actually got any wax on it.

Hamster was angry that I was not a Zaino groupie and declared I still had swirls. :D:D

and of course, it rained on the way home. lol!

Had a really nice time meeting up with some, but probably didn't meet enough people. Oh, well, guess I'll have to come back next year.

MikeS

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
As usual it was a great time! Applebee's worked out very well for the Saturday dinner - we were seated promptly at 8:30pm and were eating by 9pm which hasn't happened in the past at other places! Weather got a bit cool late in the day on Saturday but it was about perfect - not hot and humid. Did anyone miss not getting sunburned this year? Think that's a new record for ImpexFest! :cool:

Counted 86 cars which includes some VW gassers and a couple of Benz diesels. A few more TDI's showed up late in the day so I'm pretty sure we had at least 90 cars total in attendance!

Last edited:

samspock

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Shadow Blue
Dark grey t-shirt on the right. I am putting my latex gloves on since I don't like to get diesel on my hands. I am a computer geek, not a grease monkey.

no-blue-screen said:
I think I saw you guys while I was there...which one of those guys is you samspock?

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
Blue Golf

may I ask who's car? I really like the look with those wheels :cool: (with white walls it would be like driving with a set of chuck taylors!)

Last edited:

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
MikeS_18 said:
Thanks to Lito and John. Had a great time cleaning up the black golf. It cleaned up pretty well although I didn't get to the roof or the lower panels. And lost energy before I actually got any wax on it. Hamster was angry that I was not a Zaino groupie and declared I still had swirls. :D:D and of course, it rained on the way home. lol! Had a really nice time meeting up with some, but probably didn't meet enough people. Oh, well, guess I'll have to come back next year. MikeS
Mike, I didn't get to talk to you but your detailing looked great. I was going to come over and ask how much to do mine but as you said I didn't get to talk to everybody either. Saino's is good but not the only game in town. I have a million dollar bucket of it and if I use it regularly and could keep it in the garage I would use it a lot more.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
It was a tough Impex year for me. Everything started off great and then I arrived in Pennsylvan where I filled up the car with gasoline. I was actually trying fill with diesel but to the pump was either miss-is labeled or the tank had been filled with gas. Either way it took Jeff 6 plus hours to figure out what I'd done and that another two hours to fix it. Needless to say after doing that not be able to stay in the hotel room I had reserved and paid for in Cockeysville and not having the best run I've ever had at the dyno it put a damper on my spirits.

However once I actually did get to Impex it was great to see every! Oh well there's alway Cape Cod in two week.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Marauderer said:
Mike, I didn't get to talk to you but your detailing looked great. I was going to come over and ask how much to do mine but as you said I didn't get to talk to everybody either. Saino's is good but not the only game in town. I have a million dollar bucket of it and if I use it regularly and could keep it in the garage I would use it a lot more.
Hey Barr......
It's actually called Zaino's;) .........And I will be glad to put my Zaino's Finish up against anyone anytime.....

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
tomo366 said:
Hey Barr......
It's actually called Zaino's;) .........And I will be glad to put my Zaino's Finish up against anyone anytime.....
Them freekin thumbs just don't hit the keys right.;) Yea I didn't check it before I hit send but I did wipe my arse today:eek:

Tom, it's your perpetual hornyness that has your cars finish looking that good:rolleyes:

ImpexFest was Great!!

MPGeez!

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Black TDI 5M PK2
Unfortunately my Saturday plans were largely rearranged by some unexpected Beemer maintenance. :mad: BUT for the brief time I was there, it sure looked like Impexfest and folks were enjoying it.

Good job Lito and John!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
MPGeez! said:
Unfortunately my Saturday plans were largely rearranged by some unexpected Beemer maintenance. :mad: BUT for the brief time I was there, it sure looked like Impexfest and folks were enjoying it.

Good job Lito and John!
I didn't see you but more important, we missed your photographic skills.

I know I told some people that Impexfest gets to be more and more work every year, but I actually ENJOYED myself this year!

I manned the grill a little bit, I got my dents taken out, I met more people this year than before, and I worked on Bernie's car.

Sorry about the raffle screw up. That was my bad!

Friday and Saturday dinner were just great. Ben, sorry for the tight seating at Bertucci's. We had 22 people. 7 more than we planned.

I think Robert is right, most likely 90 or so vehicles in attendance. My favorite time is between 7am-8am & 4pm-7pm, because those are the "die-hards".

Robert and I arrived at 7:25 thinking we were early only to meet Nick who got there at 6:50am :eek: :eek:

Tan, remember. You're the #2 Asian, I'm #1;) . RamonR is #1a!:D :D :D I love that picture I took of you drinking that beer holding the spanner wrench.

See you all NEXT year!!!

Lito

Last edited:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Justler said:
Wish I could have made it... just got my boost leak fixed!
You weren't the only one. Birdman helped someone figure out where his boost leak was located.

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
Is that a Corrado I see up there???

oh, now I'm REALLY pi$$ed off that I couldn't make it.. beautiful ride :)

scottab

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
I had a totally awesome time. Thanks for the hook-up Brett! Thank you Jeff for the new ride. I know have the 200lbs of stuff out of the back and it is terrific! I will be off to the dyno this weekend and let you know how it pulls.

I had a great time meeting all of the new people and it was great to swap ideas.

I look forward to doing this again!

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
BlueCTTDi said:
Is that a Corrado I see up there???

oh, now I'm REALLY pi$$ed off that I couldn't make it.. beautiful ride :)
I'm just wondering how a vehicle with emissions VIN for gasoline could get emissions as a diesel, especially since no such vehicle-engine combination has ever been produced.:(

If someone could P.M. me on how you get a recent make/model gasoline vehicle to pass a standard in diesel [a non-existant in model year]... by all means do so.

Or is the Corrado too olde for this testing or from canada?

In connecticut you have to really pull hairs to get a non-diesel vehicle into diesel vehicle emissions qualifications [certainly when the vehicle has never produced diesel in it body/make style].:(

BrianCT