Impexfest VI - May 4th & 5th, 2007

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
BlueCTTDi said:
hey guys - unfortunately as you can probably tell by now i won't be in attendance. my cat got out of my apartment lastnight and i've been up all night going crazy trying to find her :(

naturally, it's not a good idea for me to be 5 hours from home at the moment.. have fun and take lots of pictures folks!

mike
so one found cat ( :D at 7:40 no less) and one missed ImpexFest later :)( ), I'm glad to hear y'all had a good time... sorry for having to bag out at the last second.. but I live 75 yards from I-84. Didn't want to have her missing considering that...

maybe next year *shrug*

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Good time had by all. Kevin had a busy day doing little jobs, since the TB change was a no-show. :( I got to meet lots of new folks, and saw many old friends. Even played with a few cars. ;) :)

Dave, I'm sorry. The bulb you were looking for was in my GTG box. I never heard you needed one.

Bruce

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
My first Impex and had a great time. Didn't get a damn thing done. Talked to loads of people, some I knew some I didn't, had a wonderful time, thank you to all. Thanks to Lito and everyone for arranging it all, and Impex for letting us have it there from the get go. Look forward to seeing you all again soon, Brett

SyNtAxx

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Tornado Red GLS TDI
Hey all,

Wow..what a great time! Just want to give a real big thanks to all those that organizied this event...and events like this. I appreciate all the effort.

Thanks Paramedic for all your assistance i'm bad with names...Kevin for your help in bleeding my brakes and sway bar bushings. MoGolf for the instruction on the metalnerd tool :D. With everybodies help I was able to get a huge list of things completed.

Thanks Oliver for the boostvalve/Nozzle install. Thanks to rocketchip for the re-tune. Time for a new cluctch :cool:.

What a great time...Thanks again. Cant wait to meet up again !

Nick

Last edited:

span1_85

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI 5sp
Yeah def had a real fun time at impex... only one suggestion.. can we have name tags next yr.. like with are real names and out forum handle... u know to maybe put a face with the name... lol

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
no-blue-screen said:
Tomo...you called and got the good rate for the Ramada right? I will stop up there today...look for my 06.5 Silver Jetta with the 2.5 emblem on the back :)
Yes.....
Did you come today? I don't remember meeting you.......

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Yeah, I stopped by for about 2 hours...walked all around with my father-in-law...I am pretty sick for the past couple of days (sore throat, flu like symptoms) so I couldn't stay too long....dropped some Black Pepper Jack Doritios, some tostidos, and a 2-liter of diet pepsi. Saw the Corrado TDI...wow that thing was awesome....and was looking at StealthTDI's display. I too wish I could have been able to pick more people out. I had on a red short-sleeve button-up shirt (untucked) with blue jeans..and had on cops sunglasses. I was talking to this guy with a Ravens shirt that had an 89 Jetta Diesel non-turbo with 340k on it....good time...but I was feeling under the weather so I couldn't hang too long.

I second the recommendation for nametags showing both tdiclub handle and real name....but strictly by choice...not required....I would wear mine. I was parked all the way at the back of the row of cars at the first side street to the right..on the side next to the building....there was another Silver 06 TDI like two or three cars up from mine that didn't have tinted windows.

There were tons of people there.....BTW....who had the black 96-97 passat for sale? Was it a TDI or a gasser? Was that yours Paramedick?

Last edited:

PaxTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG; 2006 Jetta TDI DSG
beachkokopelli said:
My first Impex and had a great time. Didn't get a damn thing done. Talked to loads of people, some I knew some I didn't, had a wonderful time, thank you to all. Thanks to Lito and everyone for arranging it all, and Impex for letting us have it there from the get go. Look forward to seeing you all again soon, Brett
I second this. My first Impex too - had no idea there were so many TDI afflicted aficionados! And getting RC+1 was icing on the cake! Thank you all.
Dave

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
beachkokopelli said:
+2. Thanks to all all for sharing their knowledge, time & help. Thanks to Impes for hosting. Bob

Medic92

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
I hate to sound like a broken record. . . but. . . It was great seeing everyone again. Thanks to: Lito for coordinating the event; John for providing food and space; Jeff for upgrading my RocketChip; Lenny for volunteering to help me install my new rear valence (how is your new RocketChip treating you?)
Tom, your sausage tasted great.

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
It was great event. Thanks John for organizing it and everyone for coming. Pity I could not stay any longer. tomo366, I sent you a pm re badge.

I finally had a chance to compare the mk5 stock clutch with the vr6/g60 setup in my car. Next weekend I hope to install the oem skid plate (among other things: ccv filter, egr plate) and post some pictures.

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
Another great Impexfest. Great to see many familiar faces and to meet new ones. Lito another fantastic job, and you always arrange great weather!:)

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
paramedick said:
Dave, I'm sorry. The bulb you were looking for was in my GTG box. I never heard you needed one.
I never thought to check if someone else had one with them! Hopefully I will remember to do so next time. I just figured after John checked and found that despite his inventory showing "24" that the bin was empty and it was too late to order more that I was out of luck.

Have a safe trip home.

BRBarian

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Five Golf TDIs!
Another great one. Thanks again Lito and John!!

And many thanks to all who helped work on my cars (a dozen filters, skid plate, brake pads and rotors, CELs cleared, new fuses,...). I'm estimating that there were a dozen who helped and I apologize for not thanking here individually, since I'm having trouble matching faces with names...

My kids also had a good time...

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
OilBurnerDE said:
Cannot resist making a comment....... it's to hard.......not too....:D
Eric......You are a bad bad boy........LOL :eek:

By the way Folks thank's for all the well wishes! I haven't goten used to Retirement yet but I think I am having a good time!
John, Lito thanks for organizing
Great to see my old friends and meeting several new ones

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
WhiteTDI05 [Kristina] and I had a great time. Thanks to Lito and John for an incredible job organizing things. It was real nice to meet all of you other TDI'ers, its good to know that there are other loonies like myself, and a special thanks to Paramedic for doing his vag-com thing on my car and showing Kristina the basics of vag-com. We hope to see you all again next year if not at TDI fest Montreal this year.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
btw for those that were wondering I averaged 45mpg with the hybrid turbo setup with no pampering for good milage

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Lito -

I don't think anyone has asked yet, so, what's the date for 2008? And you need to change your sig block once you have decided ;)

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hats off to a great GTG! Being one who cannot commit to attending every TDI Fest, this GTG is easily the next best thing! It gets a little bigger and better each year. It just happens that it always falls on the weekend surrounding my wedding anniversary. So I can only spend so much time there. But the time I do spend is better each year.

Frank - There was a ding in the fender flare before I left Impex, even while the paint guy was working on your car. I figured the dent was too sharp or tricky to fix. Or did you get ANOTHER one at the hotel? :eek: