Impexfest VI - May 4th & 5th, 2007

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
SyNtAxx said:
I'd like to see the surgury as well...time permitting. Junior mints anybody? (Seinfeld episode...classic).

Mmmmmmm, Junior Mints...:D
Agreed - classic!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The weather is nice NO snow. Hpe to be at Impex after time with in-laws..

ps we saw 10 NJ troopers on pike Thurs...... speed safely!

R2point0

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015, Silver; Passat, 1997, Blue
Well, I didn't find all my oil filter wrenches, but I am bringing a set of A/C gauges if anyone wants to do a system checkup.

R2.0

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
R2point0 said:
Well, I didn't find all my oil filter wrenches, but I am bringing a set of A/C gauges if anyone wants to do a system checkup.

R2.0
Now I'm really mad...I would like A/C pressure check.:mad:

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss this one. I need to deal with some issues with our house in Moneta. I'm hoping to have a GTG in Front Royal in the near future. I'm truly bummed out. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone.

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
PeterV said:

And you'll see as many or more on 95 in MD north of B-more...they are everywhere marked and unmarked.

For those coming from the north...I always take 295 in NJ (from 195 and the NJ TP) as it saves a few $ in tolls and you can hit CHEAP priced diesel at the Flying J exit 2c (one can gain access from the NJ TP as well after the southern toll entrance...1st exit beyond. There is a Pilot and Flying J...Flying J always .02 cheaper. :p) I've used this fuel for many tanks and miles...

Sad to miss this event. My manifold won't be seen at the dyno either as it will take custom plumbing to get it going.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
PeterV said:

Probably just waiting for the govenor to come speeding by...

DC-TDIWagon

Veteran Member
DC (really Fairfax county, but it is easier to say
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, Reflex Silver
Garage sale

Would anyone be interested in:
a pair of black velour heated Jetta front seats (no headrests)
front bumper rebar (metal part under the plastic cover)
pair of rhino ramps
spare oil pan with the sensor for ALH

The seats have been out of my car for a couple years and in climate controlled storage. The bumper rebar is from when I installed headlight washers years ago. It has also been sitting in storage. These parts have been taking up too much space in my storage rental and I'll never put them back on my car or use the extra pair of ramps. I have the ramps in my car and I'll bring them tomorrow, but the other parts I'd need to have prior notice of interest before I lug them to Impex.

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
DC-TDIWagon said:
Would anyone be interested in:
a pair of black velour heated Jetta front seats (no headrests)
front bumper rebar (metal part under the plastic cover)
pair of rhino ramps
spare oil pan with the sensor for ALH

The seats have been out of my car for a couple years and in climate controlled storage. The bumper rebar is from when I installed headlight washers years ago. It has also been sitting in storage. These parts have been taking up too much space in my storage rental and I'll never put them back on my car or use the extra pair of ramps. I have the ramps in my car and I'll bring them tomorrow, but the other parts I'd need to have prior notice of interest before I lug them to Impex.
If the seats will fit a 99 Golf, I'll take them.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
I will be looking for someone who has dealt with the driver's side door lock cylinder retainer to help me get mine back the way it should be. I apparently knocked it out of where it should be when I was replacing the cylinder a few weeks ago. I don't know if it will be necessary to open up the door or if it makes more sense to "fish" for the retainer with some sort of a magnetic tool. I didn't want to mess with opening the door up myself as I feared I would mangle things in some fashion without guidance.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and bringing a tray of German potato salad to go with the brats, pretzels and beer tomorrow.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
First, does anyone plan to have a reflex silver touch-up pen on hand (or one I could buy/borrow)?

Second, with regard to the cops...it's real simple. They usually don't pull you over until you exceed the speed limit by 15 or more mph. So usually 14 mph over is a safe one. Every now and again, they will pull you over for 10 or more...so if you want to be on the really safe side..no more than 9mph over the limit. I have cops in the family...both county and state...I just wish they would have told me this when I was in my late teens/early 20s...would have avoided a lot of insurance money...but my record is clean now...so that is worth something.

Don't know how long I will be able to hang...but see you guys at the fest around noonish.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have been up here since 1:30 Yesterday. We have had a great time so far!!
Put up the tents last night and went to Bertuccis for dinner we had 23 for dinner then 5-6 of us were staying at the Ramada and stood around and BS for awhile

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Tomo...you called and got the good rate for the Ramada right? I will stop up there today...look for my 06.5 Silver Jetta with the 2.5 emblem on the back :)

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
hey guys - unfortunately as you can probably tell by now i won't be in attendance. my cat got out of my apartment lastnight and i've been up all night going crazy trying to find her :(

naturally, it's not a good idea for me to be 5 hours from home at the moment.. have fun and take lots of pictures folks!

mike

OilBurnerDE

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat T-Red
Just got back, couldn't stay all day. Took my camera, but didn't take any pictures.
Beautiful day for a GTG. Met up with Tomo. chudzikb, paramedic and a few others.

Highlight for me was going for a ride in G60ING's SLC-TDI Corrado. Frank did a fantastic job with the A4 swap, looks factory and pulls like a train on the road. Thanks for the ride Frank, maybe just maybe I will start working on my Corrado to get it back on the road. Just have to fix the oil leaks in the passat first.

Thanks to all who put in the effort each year to make this happen!

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
It was cool, unfortunatly i could not bring my TDi. My Mechanic has it andhe is not answering his cell phone. I really wanted to see about the chip. Still a nice day to cruise in the A6 4.2. Are there any events like this soon and close?

Driver_found

Veteran Member
TDI
Former MKV Jetta TDI 5M, Former 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6m
Sorry I couldn't get down this time. Doing the fuel filter and oil change in the home garage, with the knowledge I picked up at the last event.

Later, Mike
2005.5 Jetta TDI 5m Rc1+4%

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Great GTG! Thanks to MoGolf and and PeterV my lock cylinder is staying in the door like it should now. Unfortunately Impex was out of the bulb I needed for the heat/AC controls and by the time my door was fixed it was too late to order more. I guess that will wait til another time. Great seeing everyone again. I am looking forward to our next GTG.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Yeah, I couldn't make it either. I am in the middle of packing up and moving, and I couldn't really get away.

Not moving far - I am still in the area, so I will see you at another GTG sometime soon.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
ericy said:
Yeah, I couldn't make it either. I am in the middle of packing up and moving, and I couldn't really get away.

Not moving far - I am still in the area, so I will see you at another GTG sometime soon.
We missed you today.

DeanOusterhout

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, sold the 2000 golf and jetta
Lito, Awesome Impexfest!!!! Unbelievable... there must have been 75 cars, maybe even 100... Did anyone count?

The food was spectacular, there was a breakfast spread for early, and the lunch barbeque, burgers, dogs, brats, and incredible barbeque chicken breasts... not to mention the amazing shrimp platter... to just mention a few of the wonderful delectibles.

Thanks to all the folks that helped with woriking on the cars. I was truly amazed by how many people jumped in and helped other folks that were trying to fix a variety of things. A special thanks to Nick for helping me change my struts... I couldn't have done it without your help... and Oliver for letting me borrow some wrenches cause I didn't have enough... and Bill for the spring compressor and the Metal Nerd top Strut wrench... and... and... and ... all the other that I watched and learned sooooo much from...

:) Have you guessed yet??? I had a great time... and so did my son Tristan...

Thanks to all... Oh... and thanks to Jeff... oh my gosh.... my car is really quick now.... oh my gosh... I thought the PP520's gave it a bump.... but that was nothing compared to the map that Jeff did... WOW!!!

Dean

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
didn't make it

I was so freaking bummed. I couldn't make it. It was killing me...freaking killing me...

later :eek: