Impexfest VI - May 4th & 5th, 2007

R2point0

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015, Silver; Passat, 1997, Blue
You know, I hadn't even thought about the parts-sourcing thing with my exhaust. I've already put in my parts order with Impex for the GTG, and the exhaust was an afterthought - I was cleaning the garage (ref. earlier post about moving) and found it in a corner - bought it a year ago and forgot about it. It was one of those "if the lift is free for an hour, I'll get it on".

Nevermind about the exhaust - it's not critical, and it sounds like the lift will be spoken for anyway.

That being said, any confirmations on my previous post offering the kerosene and basin for intake cleaning? I'm not doing it myself, but I thought some are going to attempt it.

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
I hear Bio might be the better degreaser and it's BIOdegradable!

It ate through some nasty #5 fuel oil better then kerosene did at my work at least.

Your mileage may vary, again I would bring some if I could. :(

TDI 4 RD

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI Pkg 1
This will be my first Impex Fest. Looking forward to it! Just planning on taking in the sights, and changing my fuel filter, and a couple of minor things while there.

I have a HEX-CAN Vag-Com, in case anyone needs to use it.

Last edited:

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Looks like at least 2 VNT 20's will be at Impex, maybe more. It will be fun to see how everyone is doing with this mod. Maybe a beer (or 2) and a good BS session. Looking forward to seeing everyone (not just the VNT-20 crowd) on Saturday after dynoing.

SoMDTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE BRM/JCR
If you need an extra pair of hands for setting up the tents, etc., I can be there between 4 & 5, depending on traffic from Vienna, Va. on Friday.
SoMdTDI.

Last edited:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
tomo366 said:
Last year the lift ended up getting tied up most of the day because of a repair gone wrong......
That's it, rub it in. :(:) A new torque wrench solved that problem for me. Haven't broken a bolt since. ;)

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
I am coming on Saturday. I cannot stay long, as I planned some maintenance of both our cars, but I am hoping to meet with mk5 rc1+ 5sp owner to compare my clutch setup noise level to factory one's.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Folks, I'm packing my GTG boxes. If you have any special needs or tools I may have, now is the time to sing out. You have until tomorrow evening about 2100 (when I pack the car) to let me know. I will not pack parts that you can easily get at IMPEX.

If I already said I would bring something, it's packed so no need to remind me. ;)

Leaving KY early Friday morning. See y'all at the tent raising.

Bruce

volksviggen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS ,blue
Sorry,Lito-

I'm going to have to bag on dinner, but I'll still be there during the day, either w/mine or the Token Gasser:D.

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
I'll throw my 5 gallons of bio on the fire. I've bought from Impex in the last week:
Radiator fans- $250 from Impex, $339 from Crook VW:mad:
Both wiper motors- $250 from Impex, $430 from Crook VW :mad: Before anyone asks, yes, I checked all of the relays, fuses and wiring. I must have the bastard Golf from hell, lol!!
Plus a Bentleys, oil, fuel filtre, oil filtre and I'll probably use them for most of the needs for my Golf and the wife's Scirocco. Their prices are better than the STEALERSHIPS and I can get my parts within a few days. Why in the hell would anyone from the Balto metro area buy from the stealership? Specialty items, yes, I use other vendors, Kerma, Bleachie, Metalman, the antenna guy whose name escapes me and I've purchased quite a few items from private individuals. They do this for us, installing parts from another vendor just ain't cool in my opinion.

How much do I have to spend to get the "frequent buyer's club" card? :D

I have the following things available if needed, someone just say the word and I'll throw them in the truck:

Lincoln 175 mig welder with gas, we'll need a 220 outlet to run it
Air compressor and tools impact, chisel and ratchet
Everything that Metalnerd sells, lol, ya rly.:D
Whiz wheel, wizza to you Yankees! :D Otherwise known as a cut off wheel.

MPGeez!

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Black TDI 5M PK2
maloosheck said:
I am coming on Saturday. I cannot stay long, as I planned some maintenance of both our cars, but I am hoping to meet with mk5 rc1+ 5sp owner to compare my clutch setup noise level to factory one's.
I'll be there and you can compare my car's clutch to yours if you want. I have 1+ now.

R2point0

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015, Silver; Passat, 1997, Blue
My car's been packed, but I need to pull the exhaust out of the trunk :eek: .

The only "specialty" tool I have is a dremel and a hose clamp pliers. I'd be glad to loan them out.

I think I'll grab my collection of oil filter wrenches "just in case" someone has a stubborn one - I've got about 4 different types.

I haven't gotten any feedback on the kerosene and the basin, so that will stay home unless someone pipes up.

R2.0

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
I'll be leaving NE about 10-11am tomorrow. Depending on how much we hurry - as opposed to stopping to see the sites along the way - arrival will be about 6pm.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Anyone what this stuff?

jettafock said:
Well I have a few things for sale if anyone is interested.

1. Front and rear stock MKIV Jetta sedan valences. $40 for each
2. Some stock MKIV Jetta brake parts, calibers, rotors, pads. make an offer
3. stock MKIV Jetta wipers. make an offer
4. 04 gray Jetta sunvisor (driver/pass). $40 shipped.
5. PD Jetta ECU $350 OBO
6. MKIV Jetta bra $50 OBO

scottab

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Just to help budget my funds a bit, does anyone know how much I should expect to pay Jeff for the ECU reprogram on a 2005 PD 100? Thanks! :)

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, calipers are coming. Does anyone want the valences? I would love to get rid of those things.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Dan,
Bring the valances, mine are looking pretty worn. I'll need your help installing them though.

Steve

topgut

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Anybody changing B4 TDI timingbelt?

Is anyone planning a timingbelt change on a 96-98 TDI at IMPEX. I would like to quietly watch and learn something.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
topgut said:
Is anyone planning a timingbelt change on a 96-98 TDI at IMPEX. I would like to quietly watch and learn something.
My son and the car's owner will be doing an A4 TB. It'll be his first solo TB, albeit with some supervision at critical points of procedure.

On the road at 0700 tomorrow, after I put Rachel on the bus. She's really bummed that she can't come to this GTG. ;) :p

Last edited:

SyNtAxx

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Tornado Red GLS TDI
I'd like to see the surgury as well...time permitting. Junior mints anybody? (Seinfeld episode...classic).

paramedick said:
My son and the car's owner will be doing an A4 TB. It'll be his first solo TB, albeit with some supervision at critical points of procedure.

On the road at 0700 tomorrow, after I put Rachel on the bus. She's really bummed that she can't come to this GTG. ;) :p

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
and yes, I will have a compressor and several hoses. Its big enough that three people can use it continuously. I'll have enough hose to run to three different areas so there is no fighting over it.

Bring your own air tools and enjoy speedy tire rotations, suspension work, etc!

PaxTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG; 2006 Jetta TDI DSG
Freebies: Fuel and Oil Filter

I'm planning to come and get chipped. I have an early production Jetta '06 fuel filter and a '05 oil filter if anyone wants them. Neither fit my car. Maybe I can trade them for beer. :)

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok I have the calipers coming for Bruce the valences for Steve and the wipers for Mary. Anyone want the bra and/or the ECU?