Impexfest VI - May 4th & 5th, 2007

QQQ

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
I'll be there this year. I enjoyed it last year. I'll need to get a hold of Jeff for some tuning. :)

Fafou

TDI
JettaWagon, 2009, dark blue
tongsli said:
Fafou,

If you want to do that, can you come earlier on Friday? If so, there will be several of us there EARLY who can help you out.

I'm talking 2:00pm on Friday.

Lito

No problem I'll get there early on Friday who else will be there then?

scottab

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Early Friday

Fafou said:
No problem I'll get there early on Friday who else will be there then?
I will be there early on Friday also. Can someone enlighten me on the three blink flasher mod? I would be interested in getting that done if it is possible for a 2005 Golf TDI. Thanks!

Last edited:

Justler

Veteran Member
It's possible, make sure you get the wiring pinout off here if you wanna do it at impex... the OEM one comes with german instructions... at least with the splice kit.

nordska

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6MT, 2002.5 Jetta Wagon ALH 5MT
I just installed leather heated seats from a 2001 GTI into my Jetta yesterday. I purchased the dash switches and heated-seat retro-fit harness/wiring from tdiparts.com. I was hoping if someone would be kind enough on Friday/Saturday to give me a helping hand / watchful eye on the install. You can never be too careful in my opinion when tapping into the electrical system!!

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"
I have been watching this thread since the beginning and am finally going to commit to make it. I will be there for the Friday afternoon and evening and the Sat all day and evening fesivities.

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
As unforunate as it sounds I will not be attending because of my cousin's college garduation and I may not have a TDI for long anyways. I am looking at getting an S4 now.

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
span1_85 said:
S4 = dead sexy
Agreed I will happily still attend events though! We will be TDI owners again when the Rabbit lease is up. I figure by 2010 diesels will be a plenty and I can find a good deal on one.

Personally thinking the wife may want a Jetta Wagon or Tiguan, either will be awesome!:D

DC-TDIWagon

Veteran Member
DC (really Fairfax county, but it is easier to say
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, Reflex Silver
I'll be there this year. I can't remember if this is my fourth or fifth Impexfest. I haven't been around tdiclub much lately but I'd be willing to offer some help to greener members. Just PM me ahead of time. I might be doing my rear brakes if I haven't gotten to them already. I'm going to try to make Friday evening but I won't know for sure until the week of Impexfest. I'll also be doing dinner on Saturday.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
If my last minute work schedule allows I'll attend.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Planning to be in Baltimore Friday nite with IBW then a quick dyno before joining the Impex crowd on Saturday then back to Maine Saturday night. Looks like a bit of driving for the 2-days but it'll be great to see everyone and get some numbers on the car as I've been sorting out a few things.

Impex is always a blast!

DeanOusterhout

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, sold the 2000 golf and jetta
I am planning on attending and hope to get Jeff to Chip. Look forward to meeting ya'lll... :)

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Anyone doing intake cleaning??

How about help with adjusting the clutch pedal travel? Maili is getting a '99 Jetta TDI and it's sticky going into first, and the clutch engages after about 2 inches of travel from the floor?

TIA!

scottab

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Has anyone done intake cleaning on a 2005 PD100 motor? I am looking for some info/help on this.

QQQ

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
scottab said:
Has anyone done intake cleaning on a 2005 PD100 motor? I am looking for some info/help on this.
I'm not sure if it was a 2005 but I've cleaned a PD intake before. It's not much different than my 2000 TDI.

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
Put me down as a definite, the docs released me 100% yesterday so I can come out and play now. I don't know what size my cover is, I think 8x10, but I can bring it as well. I can also bring my compressor if needed.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I'll be there Saturday. I could use some help wiring my euroswitch to my foglights if there are any experts willing to lend a hand. I have a pre-made harness for the fronts and all the wiring and diode for the back. I'm just too chicken$h!t to try to run wires through my firewall:eek: .

scottab

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Blue_Hen_TDI said:
I'll be there Saturday. I could use some help wiring my euroswitch to my foglights if there are any experts willing to lend a hand. I have a pre-made harness for the fronts and all the wiring and diode for the back. I'm just too chicken$h!t to try to run wires through my firewall:eek: .
I can help you with that. Pick up some small wire-ties (zip-ties) for securing the wiring we required.

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
Impex

I'll be there, as well as Whitetdi05, to get my car chipped and new nozzles. We will bring our Vag.com, but don't know yet how to use it.
We will help with setting up the tent, looking forward to dinner, and meeting more crazy tdi'ers!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Dyno Saturday AM for the official before and after free-breathing experiment, and then down to Impex with Sootman, clove911, mr chill, and delvi. I'll have my VAG-COM with me if needed. And AFAIK Jeff will have a sign-up available Saturday morning--he mentioned to me that he wasn't setting up appointments ahead of time.

QQQ

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
Dave_D said:
I have an unregistered VAG-COM, so I can help read and clear codes.
I have the latest Vagcom and superduper hex/can cable. I should be be able to assist anyone with it as well.

okimavich

Veteran Member
TDI
`16 Audi A6
I should be there for both Friday and Sat with some food, an intake in need of a cleaning and a registered VagCom inhand.

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
20IndigoBlue02 said:
I got one.

BTW... I'm gonna be doing some diesel purge also. Got extra hose & couplings to do it.. in case others want to do it also
Ya know, I've been wanting to do that. I may take you up on that. Do you have the purge to sell, or should I look to Impex?