Impexfest VI - May 4th & 5th, 2007

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
PaxTDI said:
Jeff has told me he would be there to install RC. I asked him to sign me up. I'm not sure what day(s) he is planning to attend. Maybe I'll have to go both days! :)
The actual event is on Saturday May 5th, 2007 8:00am-9:00pm like it says in the first post of this thread.

The "second day" you speak of is late Friday afternoon/evening which is for tent raising/site preparation followed by a dinner at a local restaurant. No work done on cars nor any chipping on Friday! Better come Saturday for that stuff...;)

PaxTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG; 2006 Jetta TDI DSG
CoolWht said:
The actual event is on Saturday May 5th, 2007 8:00am-9:00pm like it says in the first post of this thread.
The "second day" you speak of is late Friday afternoon/evening which is for tent raising/site preparation followed by a dinner at a local restaurant. No work done on cars nor any chipping on Friday! Better come Saturday for that stuff...;)
CoolWht,
Thanks for clearing that up. Please sign me up. I'm planning on getting a RC installed from Jeff.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
PaxTDI said:
CoolWht,
Thanks for clearing that up. Please sign me up. I'm planning on getting a RC installed from Jeff.
I can't sign you up - was just trying to make things clearer for you as I'm an ImpexFest veteran attendee. :)

You should contact Jeff before ImpexFest in regards to your chipping needs. Also make sure you show up EARLY Saturday to get on his sign-up sheet for chipping as it's first come, first served. Higher up on the list you are, sooner you will be chipped! :cool:

quadboss74

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, reflex silver
jettafock said:
You can email Jeff at info@rocketchip.com and Oliver will be there and can install nozzles and do a pop test for ya too.
I'll definitely be there on Saturday. I emailed Jeff about the RC, so hopefully I will hear from him soon so I can get that done.

nordska

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6MT, 2002.5 Jetta Wagon ALH 5MT
I'll be there!!!

If you guys need any more help setting this up on Friday etc, I can help out with that as well, let me know.

MrDeep

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta,2000,silver
Home Brew WVO/Biodiesel

Any body interested in buying some high quality biodiesel from used frying oil? I have used this stuff for six months and no problems. Very competitive price. Tom can bring 2 275 gallon tanks to Impex. Let me know how much you want.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Count me in for ImpexFest 6! :cool:

I need Rocketchip to turn my 05 PD Jetta Wagen down from RC2 to RC1+. I need to help save the clutch and get rid of an overboost code and corresponding limp mode.

I'm planning to bring the Segway with me. It will be available for demos for anybody who wants to try it out.

Has anybody started a food list?

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
n1das said:
Count me in for ImpexFest 6! :cool:

I'm planning to bring the Segway with me. It will be available for demos for anybody who wants to try it out.
and I will be giving drunken segway driving demos.:p

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
MrDeep said:
Any body interested in buying some high quality biodiesel from used frying oil? I have used this stuff for six months and no problems. Very competitive price. Tom can bring 2 275 gallon tanks to Impex. Let me know how much you want.
Is it ASTM compliant? If so I would be interesting in topping my tank and filling however many empty jugs I have available. Will you be able to take credit cards or cash only?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Dave_D said:
Is it ASTM compliant? If so I would be interesting in topping my tank and filling however many empty jugs I have available. Will you be able to take credit cards or cash only?
I don't think it's ASTM certified.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
tongsli said:
I don't think it's ASTM certified.
I don't like to be a spoilsport, but in that case who is vouching for the quality of the bio-diesel and where do we turn in case of problems? I am satisfied that there is no problem with running bio-diesel in my Jetta, but there certainly have been problems documented here in the past with contaminated or improperly processed bio-diesel.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Wow... Impexfest... perhaps the thing I miss the most about the east coast. :) Have fun guys!

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
I will be there with a large air compressor and several hoses, so anyone who needs to run air tools will be able to. If youve got air tools and plan on doing work, bring them!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
oldpoopie said:
Wow... Impexfest... perhaps the thing I miss the most about the east coast. :) Have fun guys!
Hi Justin! Why not make the trip out? We do miss you and it does say in your signature the following:

I can travel to you!

:p :D

Fafou

TDI
JettaWagon, 2009, dark blue
So it's looking like I'll be able to go to ImpexFest on Friday night. I plan to attend the tent-raising and dinner. Is there anyone out there that might be interested in doing an engine coolant temperature sensor replacement?

I have the replacement parts and I'll bring the coolant.

Last edited:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Fafou,

If you want to do that, can you come earlier on Friday? If so, there will be several of us there EARLY who can help you out.

I'm talking 2:00pm on Friday.

Lito

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Fafou, as Lito said, get there early to help. Let the car cool while doing the tent raising. Install the sensor and go to dinner for a test drive. It's that easy.

nordska

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6MT, 2002.5 Jetta Wagon ALH 5MT
What time should I get there on Friday to help with the tent raising and to join you folks for dinner??

will360655

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Passat
I have been out of the TDI scene for quite some time (Oct 04 sold the Jetta TDI), but I am making it to Impex. I still have diesel in the heart, but gas under the hood.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
anyone need 3mm amber LEDs for their Euroswitch?

I have a couple I can give away. The drawback is they are bright and overpowers the green led for the front fogs somewhat

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
nordska said:
What time should I get there on Friday to help with the tent raising and to join you folks for dinner??
Read page 1

Schedule of Events:
6:00pm FRIDAY, Tent Raisings - WE HAVE TWO TENTS

I could use some assistance in setting up the 20 by 30 foot tent Friday. Afterwards we go to dinner
Tongsli, Jump62,Span1_85, Jettafock, MoGolf, Fan of all Diesels, Coolwht, ben stevens, Ron Lee, BobS, Gmark, Beachkokopelli

8:00pm FRIDAY evening, Dinner -Bertucci's Restaurant 1818 York Road, Timonium, MD
**They do not take reservations so we'll need to call ahead and get on their list for 15-20 people!
**see list above

8:30pm-ish Saturday, Dinner/Drinks - To Be determined
Tongsli, Coolwht, Fanofalldiesels, Hamsterdiesel, PeterV, Tomo, MaryP, Paramedick, Jettafock, Volksviggen, Ron Lee, BobS, GMark,

vwtdi09

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2002 Midnight Blue SOLD. VW Passat 2005 green, VW Golf 2010 TDi
rocketchip

Anyone know if there is a list for rocket chip ? If so whats the handle on the person that we contact? Lars.

Justler

Veteran Member
My dents are always too big/extravagant for dent wiz =(. Put me down as a show up, i'll hang out for a bit and look at some cars and chat it up.