Impexfest VI - May 4th & 5th, 2007

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
If I can remain healthy for the next month I'll be there, hopefully with a new TDI wagon. Right before last years Fest I was invilved in an accident that put me in Shock Trauma for 2 weeks, then rehab for 6 months. Learning to walk again was a real treat! NOT!! :( Now, almost a year later I'm back to about 90%. I might need to do a TB at some point and time on the new wagon if I get it. It sucks when truckers fall asleep and run red lights, he escaped with 88 stitches and a VERY light wallet.:mad: My friend, who was driving, is still having neck issues.

jimoilrell

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat TDI Variant Reflex Silver, 2005 Passat TDI Variant United Grey
Dent wiz

Count me in for dent wiz-1 panel on the wife's car.
Can't wait for Impex Fest!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
ericy said:
This reminds me - one thing that lots of people forget to bring to ImpexFest is sunblock, a hat and sunglasses. I have seen several people get burned pretty bad in past years.
Never failed to see some lobsters walking around later in the afternoon. Put sunblock on your list... and a comfy folding chair.

ben stevens

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
will be there

will arrive friday night from the sunshine state. would like some assist in replacing front shocks with bilsteins which i have. last year there was a local guru who helped (name i do not recall. might he be coming?). will we be able to use covered space like last year?

FanofAllDiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf Gls
ben stevens said:
last year there was a local guru who helped (name i do not recall. might he be coming?). will we be able to use covered space like last year?
I believe that you are talking about BoosTDIt (Peter). I know that he installed shocks for MaryP. I don't see his name on the list yet.

You might send him a PM.

Jeff

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Well, looks like a good time for me to be there. I want to
have someone check my timing (I think it can be better
optimized than it is now).

I also just took a look at my rear brake pads, and they're getting
down there quickly. Any recommendations out there for
replacement pads/rotors? Just how hard is it to change these
things? The last time I started to do this, I quickly gave up,
and this is someone who changed the *entire* brake system
in an 81 Scirocco to a 16V system.

Oh, and an OEM air filter. Will vendors have all this kind of
stuff there? I don't remember at all. Been too long away from
the TDI scene.

Thanks all.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Judson said:
Oh, and an OEM air filter. Will vendors have all this kind of
stuff there? I don't remember at all. Been too long away from
the TDI scene.

Thanks all.
You really have been away for quite a while:rolleyes:. Impexfest is sponsored by WorldImpex, one of the best parts suppliers for VW and Audis. And, it is held at their warehouse. Go to www.worldimpex.com and order your stuff on-line or call the toll free number. You can pick up your parts at the fest!

In the past, WorldImpex has given a discount to those ordered parts for pickup at the fest. Are they doing that this year?

Also, does anyone know if metalnerd is coming this year?

Last edited:

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Thanks, will do. I'll bring jack stands as I'm sure the
lift will be used. I think I have the caliper tool somewhere
for the rear brakes... I bought it once, I know.

Can't make Friday. I'll have to just mosey on up that
Saturday.

Medic92

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
If I buy a rear valence with the exhaust cut out, will anyone be able to trim the exhaust on my car up a couple of inches?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
owr084 said:
You really have been away for quite a while:rolleyes:. Impexfest is sponsored by WorldImpex, one of the best parts suppliers for VW and Audis. And, it is held at their warehouse. Go to www.worldimpex.com and order your stuff on-line or call the toll free number. You can pick up your parts at the fest!

In the past, WorldImpex has given a discount to those ordered parts for pickup at the fest. Are they doing that this year?

Also, does anyone know if metalnerd is coming this year?
From Page 1 of the Thread

Parts:
If you pre-order online, and specify pick up for shipping, John will take an additional
10% off your total order the day of ImpexFest. No shipping of items! Pickup only.
This additional discount is only good for May 5th, 2007.
This does not apply to items already on Special!

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Any hotel/motel/holiday inn recommendations?

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
20IndigoBlue02 said:
I guess that means I need to bring my recip saw also
I PMed him, I'm a machinst with a gob of tools at the house here. I might be able to help him out because he probably doesn't live too far from me.
ROB

Ron Lee

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2005.5, Black w/ Pure Beige
Don't feel like reading 5 pages but, needless to say, I'll be there. I intend to make it both Friday evening as well as all day Saturday. Last coouple years haven't ben able to spend as much time there. Hopefully this year I can stay for the whole thang! Lito, PeterV, Tomo, et al, I'm ready to help out!!!

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Lito! and Impex Goers!
Greetings from Iraq!
I'm currently driving a different Turbo-Diesel: It's a Marine Corps SURC, or Small Unit Riverine Craft! Not quite the mileage of my Golf- about 2 miles per gallon!
Might be back in time for ImpexFest (and be able to get Maili to go!!) anyone doing intake cleaning?? Hope all is well back there!
-Steve

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Steve,

Wow. It'd be great to finally have you attend. Although Maili was a great substitute for you! :)

Can't wait to see you both!

Lito

mel72349

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle manual
I posted the ImpexFest info over on the NewBeetle board. Gina responded:

Half price dent removal?! ...extremely tempting. I'm not on tdi forums, but if you could toss me up there as a maybe I'd appreciate it

So here 'tis, Gina may stop by from Silver Spring.

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
I would love to stop by on Saturday. I need some dent work, and I could get a skid plate for my mk5.
But I need to figure out if I will work that weekend or not.

GMARK

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL Reflex Silver 5 speed. Ventectomy, coolant migration mod, Hella Comets, FK air ducts.
Lito,
Count me in for the tent raising and both dinners too. "Abused" PD willing, I'll be rolling in mid-Friday afternoon. :D

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
maloosheck said:
I would love to stop by on Saturday. I need some dent work, and I could get a skid plate for my mk5.
But I need to figure out if I will work that weekend or not.
Take the weekend off. ;)

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Count me in on the Saturday, probably Friday too. Is camping available/ allowed? Seems silly booking a hotel when I have tent and a damn good coolbox

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
beachkokopelli said:
Count me in on the Saturday, probably Friday too. Is camping available/ allowed? Seems silly booking a hotel when I have tent and a damn good coolbox
Call John and ask him. It is private property, I don't see why you couldn't.

Lito

PaxTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG; 2006 Jetta TDI DSG
No Exit said:
If anyone sees Jeff around here point him this way. If he's got the time, I need 2 Jettas chipped.
Jeff has told me he would be there to install RC. I asked him to sign me up. I'm not sure what day(s) he is planning to attend. Maybe I'll have to go both days! :)
By the way, how long does it typically take him to do the job?

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
Stanadyne FM100 installed

Will anyone attending have a Stanadyne FM100 installed? I would like to see that set-up :cool:

Thanks
-Tony

quadboss74

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, reflex silver
Count me in!

I've finally decided to chip my car and would love to attend! Never been to Impexfest before-can anyone point me in the direction to contact Jeff for the RC? I would also like to do nozzles, can anyone help with that?

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
quadboss74 said:
I've finally decided to chip my car and would love to attend! Never been to Impexfest before-can anyone point me in the direction to contact Jeff for the RC? I would also like to do nozzles, can anyone help with that?
You can email Jeff at info@rocketchip.com and Oliver will be there and can install nozzles and do a pop test for ya too.