ImpexFest 5 - May 5-6, 2006

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
DeeBee said:
Next stop....TDIFest 2006 PA:D
Hear that, folks? But ya gotta pay to play...please register ASAP!:cool:

Thanks to all that did register this weekend for TDI Fest 2006, and thanks to Lito for letting me take a corner of the lot under Rocketchip's most generously shared shade - Thanks Jeff for bringing the extra!

Another great Impexfest goes down in history...or is it infamy...:confused:

Thanks Lito, for everything but most especially for going against your better judgement for next year...:D It's on the calendar.

Viva Chinese Food!:p

This Impex was quite different for me...I stayed clean while MaryP did the wrenching...LoL...

I look forward to being my old greasy self next year, when TDI Fest 2006 will be a happy memory and we'll be looking forward to TDI Fest 2007...where will it be?

It was great to see you all again - I wish I had gotten the names of more new(to me)bies...

Next time we should have a nametag enforcer!;) Cisco?

You MD guys should try to wander up to the next Ho5G...whenever that is...:rolleyes:

Hope to see you all at TDI Fest 2006!

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Hi all!
Just wanted to say thanks to Lito and the folks at Impex and the other TDIClub members who did such a great job on this year's ImpexFest. I would have loved to stay all day and meet more people! A special thanks to Lito for letting me borrow the Motive bleeder, and for being such a patient source of information and knowledge. Thanks also to Ken for helping with the brake bleed and other maintenance!

Hope to be back in time for next year's Fest!
-Steve in Annapolis

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
Just got home after spending an extra few days in the Maryland area with family. I had a fantastic time, once again. Thanks Lito, et al, for your hard work in setting this event up every year. Sorry I was still working on my car when everyone was cleaning up, I would have helped for sure!

Yeah, I did a bit of wrenching this time 'round. :D Especially got my "behind" dirty, as many pointed out! :eek:

Thanks to Peter (BoosTDIt) for the suspension install. I can tell my car is much happier on the road. I did have a mishap though and I am afraid something is amiss. I hit a pretty deep pothole on Monday and now something is definately out of sorts. Will report when I find out what has happened. :(

Dinner was great Sat night, I had the best prime rib ever! Yummy! I was lucky to get an early seat, but I know some were not so lucky. A buffet of some sort might be the best option to get us all eating together if we want to try that next year. It's really hard to find a place that can seat us all together, I'm sure.

HEMIHD

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta PD TDI
I enjoyed my first GTG as a TDI guy even though i wasn't there very long.

I did see a great looking black MKV jetta with LED tail lights, fog light kit and Euro side view mirrors and headlights. Does anyone know whos car it was, and can I get some specs and part numbers for some of the exterior upgrades?

I also noticed that quite a few cars had a lowered ride height. I would like to reduce some of the visible wheel well area but don't want to sacrifice too much ride quality. What is the best way to go?

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
hskrdu said:
... A special thanks to Lito for letting me borrow the Motive bleeder...
Deja vu all over again! I believe I said the very same thing at my first Impexfest back in 2002...man, that bleeder gets around! :D

And now I have my own to lend out... Thanks, Lito for setting such a good example! ;)

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
We've got so many forum veterans coming to Impexfest that everyone had lots of help, advice and assistance. Every year we get Impexfest newbies and that is what keeps it fun, at least for me. :)

Lito

lonewolf

TDI
2000 jetta
Thanks to all

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out on saturday, Mike and Bruce for cleaning my intake, wow can't believe how dirty that thing was! I took pics I'll post them tonight. I didn't get a chance to feel the difference because it was too hard to past up having my ECU remapped (chipped) RC Stage II and have the sprint 520 injectors put in! Thanks Jeff and Oliver for there hard work and patience while getting pulled in twenty directions all day. I had a smile from ear to ear drivng home, well it's still there! I can't believe how my car drives now. I was worried about how my car would drive after chipping, it just feels like thats how it should have always felt!! If your thinking of chipping your car and not concerned about having it balls to the wall, the RCII & Sprints is a must! My only concern about having my car chipped was what would happen to my MPG, well I'll have to wait and see because it maybe a while before I'm able to get my foot off the floor!! :) Also like to thank Lito helping me with my bumper and starting other people to led a hand, I can't remember the names of the two guys and gal that helped me out (sorry not good with names and had to many of them go in one ear and out the other) if you (guys and gal) read this please let me know who you are! thanks again. I'm really glad I came this year (first time) i had a blast, wish i could have stayed longer (8:30am-3:30pm) not enough! I be there next year. oh, and thanks, Impex!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
lonewolf said:
I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out on saturday, Mike and Bruce for cleaning my intake, wow can't believe how dirty that thing was! I took pics I'll post them tonight. I didn't get a chance to feel the difference because it was too hard to past up having my ECU remapped (chipped) RC Stage II and have the sprint 520 injectors put in! Thanks Jeff and Oliver for there hard work and patience while getting pulled in twenty directions all day. I had a smile from ear to ear drivng home, well it's still there! I can't believe how my car drives now. I was worried about how my car would drive after chipping, it just feels like thats how it should have always felt!! If your thinking of chipping your car and not concerned about having it balls to the wall, the RCII & Sprints is a must! My only concern about having my car chipped was what would happen to my MPG, well I'll have to wait and see because it maybe a while before I'm able to get my foot off the floor!! :) Also like to thank Lito helping me with my bumper and starting other people to led a hand, I can't remember the names of the two guys and gal that helped me out (sorry not good with names and had to many of them go in one ear and out the other) if you (guys and gal) read this please let me know who you are! thanks again. I'm really glad I came this year (first time) i had a blast, wish i could have stayed longer (8:30am-3:30pm) not enough! I be there next year. oh, and thanks, Impex!
I remember Tom(TDIinRI) was helping but didn't see who else was there. Yeah, your intake was in serious need of cleaning. Can't wait to see the photos.

Lito

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
So sorry to have missed the festivities this year, as I did last year. Next year I`m surely going to make it. How else am I going to spend time with Lito, Mel, and the rest of the crew I dearly miss?

You da man Lito! great job once again. Ready for a Shore reunion GTG this fall?

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GlS,2006 NB (Crew Chief),2009 JSW
Wow another ImpexFest over and marking the calander for the next one. My Dad had a blast and enjoyed meeting people and seeing all the variations of TDIs, next year he should have a new knee and will be more mobile. Sorry we had to leave early but his knee was hurting just a bit so we didn't make the dinner. My Dad being a bit of an outsider ( not for long I hope ) noticed that there was a lot of pride and care evident in peoples cars, people are very friendy and help out, and were having lots of fun with our common passion. Now if I can drag him to TDI Fest???? Thanks to all the usual suspects to make this thing happen and hope to see you all soon at the next GTG. Still need to hook up with Jeff to turn on a cluster fuction but couldn't because of that nasty knee. Again thanks to all who made this happen.
Paul
aka Jump62

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
IMPEX is one of the great GTG's of the year!!! and is getting a little bigger each year!
I have attended everyone with 4 different cars over the years.
Even when life is going bad as it is right now!! I have a good time and meet many old friends and many new friends.
Although I had no plans to get dirty I did.
Thanks to the Impex crew John you are the Best!! and Lito and company!! Great as usual
Hope to see a great deal of you folks at Valley Forge!!

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
vwestlife said:
I was with Scott (DEZLBOY) we had a little chat with another guy driving a Lexus SUV. :)
Those SUV folks were sure jealous of our diesel MPG! Gee, wonder why.;)