Impex TDI Fest (new location): Saturday, May 16th, 2015

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Paul, it the Pride II is in need of some (minor) funds, PM me near the end of the year, as I am involved in a group that typically makes end of year donations. PM or call me. We should network a bit more.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Paul, it the Pride II is in need of some (minor) funds, PM me near the end of the year, as I am involved in a group that typically makes end of year donations. PM or call me. We should network a bit more.
Thanks, Bob! I will be in touch.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I swear the B4 gods know when I have time off and plan something.
If it's any consolation, the Touareg's transmission has decided to start whining (more specifically the input shaft bearing, I suspect), so it will be staying at home and thinking about what it's done. :(

Hi, all. Something has come up and I will not be able to attend Saturday's festivities.
Pride of Baltimore II, one of my floating "mistresses", and a boat that I helped build, needs my help this weekend to get ready for the sailing season. (www.pride2.org) I will be getting the Cat 3604s and the rest of the mechanical and electrical systems commissioned, as well as helping take down the winter cover so the rig can go back up.
This is a much welcomed last-minute change to what was to have been Pride II's first inactive season since I sailed in her on the maiden voyage in 1989. The boat's state funding went away several years ago but, with help from local captains of industry and government officials, Pride II's mission as goodwill ambassador and economic development platform for the City and State will continue uninterrupted.
I will continue to monitor both this and the "Food" thread, and make any changes and updates as necessary. I'll miss you all on Saturday, but I'll see you in Maine!
That's great news for the Pride II! I hope you and the crew have a great weekend. :cool:

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
You can take my name off the pointless dent repair list. I'm bringing the other 06 I have that has a startup smoke issue to get some opinions. But that one doesn't need PDR. Only one issue allowed per car in my household. Looking forward to Saturday.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
It's been a LONG time since my last appearance at Impex Fest. My daughter will be joining me. What happens IF it rains? I recall tents and wrenching from years past. What about now? I don't need any wrenching done to my car. But will others be working on their cars? I think Diana may enjoy seeing cars in various stages of light project work. She's going to learn to drive my Mk3 and may have an interest in working on it.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We have the warehouse we can all be in as well as a pop up tent if need be! We will make it work
It's been a LONG time since my last appearance at Impex Fest. My daughter will be joining me. What happens IF it rains? I recall tents and wrenching from years past. What about now? I don't need any wrenching done to my car. But will others be working on their cars? I think Diana may enjoy seeing cars in various stages of light project work. She's going to learn to drive my Mk3 and may have an interest in working on it.
Impex has quite a bit of indoor space if it rains.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Currently, WUnderground.com has the forecast as partly cloudy, a high of 80F & less then 7% chase of rain during the day increasing to about 30% chance in the evening.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I'll add you both to the list. There is garage and indoor warehouse space, as well as a tent to fly if it rains. The only relatively big project so far is an intake manifold change out by paramedick on MaryP's car.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Thanks, Sailor. We've booked a room for Friday evening. Even seeing oil changes may be of interest to her. :) See you Saturday.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Stealth ... only if she brings one glove...... And behaves......................

Peter & Julie

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I'll be leaving Toronto at about midnight Saturday morning and should be arriving at Impex at between 8:30 - 9:00am maybe earlier depending on traffic ready for the fun :)

MrVermin

subdvr99

TDI
2006 BRM (Sold)
Looks like I will be stopping by my first impex gtg. Need a quick tune update from Jeff, and maybe get some opinions on various noises and stuff(that are driving my OCD crazy). Looking forward to it!

Anyone have a quick fix for a falling headliner other than replacing it? I am about ready to do it, it is getting bad in the back.

-Mark

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
I'm a bit confused on the location. I understand they've moved. When I plug in the address to Google Maps, it looks like it's around the corner on Oak Lane. And Lito posted a pic of a huge parking lot that is possibly further on down. There certainly doesn't appear to be enough parking at the Impex site?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I'm a bit confused on the location. I understand they've moved. When I plug in the address to Google Maps, it looks like it's around the corner on Oak Lane. And Lito posted a pic of a huge parking lot that is possibly further on down. There certainly doesn't appear to be enough parking at the Impex site?
The picture Lito posted is of a shopping mall nearby that has a cars and Coffee event on Saturday mornings......not related to Impex

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Don't worry, Mary, there's more than enough room. The parking lot in front of Impex's new warehouse is larger than that at the old space. I was there a couple of weeks ago for their gasser GTG and there were close to 100 cars there. Sorry to be missing this, but might try to make it up at the end of the day depending on how things go at the boat.

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
Thanks for the info. I'll just look for a crowd! The Oak Lane thing on Google Maps is what's throwing me off. I'll be getting on the road in a bit and am staying at my brother's in Ellicott City this weekend.

Lito, will you be coming around? :)

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I have a driver side head light for sale for a MKV make me a offer. Who ever wants to check out Auto Polar FIS just look for me, also ATR has one to.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I have a driver side head light for sale for a MKV make me a offer. Who ever wants to check out Auto Polar FIS just look for me, also ATR has one to.
Sure do!

Best solution I've found to read off the sensors I've found.:cool:

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Anyone interested in mkiv jetta koni coilovers with about 25k miles on them? Or a mkiv radio cage for the gli brushed trim?
Also is anyone planning on bringing an oil extractor for oil changes?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Time to get some shut eye. See everyone in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
So, here's where I was today:

Before:

After:

Luckily, the rain held off until late in the afternoon.

Let's see some pics of Impex Fest.