Impex TDI Fest (new location): Saturday, May 16th, 2015

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
Hi everybody!! Long time no see! Go ahead Tom, say it! Mary who???? LOL! I am seriously thinking of making it up to Impex this year. Want to visit family and friends and I also need work done on this tired old Jetta of mine. Will anybody be working on manifolds? I think mine is ready for a cleaning again. Thanks to Bruce/Parmedic for doing the job several years ago, but I think it's time again. Having hard start issues and forgot to check the anti shudder valve before I left it off at my mechanic's place today. I suspect the ASV or it may possibly be a crack in the fuel filter T.

mountain-valleymotors

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I might try to make it up there for this one. I would be glad to help wrench on your cars too. I might bring my 2005 Passat TDI Wagon with the manual transmission that was swapped today. Of course that is if I don't sell it before then.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I might try to make it up there for this one. I would be glad to help wrench on your cars too. I might bring my 2005 Passat TDI Wagon with the manual transmission that was swapped today. Of course that is if I don't sell it before then.

That would be cool! I'm looking forward to meeting you. :cool:

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta 03 Golf 2 door
I will hope to bring my 2 door 03 Golf, with some (but, not all) of its mods completed. Or just to piss Tomo off, drive the Mazda 3 GT that I got the wife!

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
What ever happened to your excuse that the HHR SS was a TDI? Last I checked, that same excuse applied just as much to the hybrid. ;)

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
I have been know to bring Non-TDI vehicles......last year for instance.....:eek:
Just commenting on your outrage to Jack wanting to drive his Miata. There are plenty of reasons to rage against driving a Miata, but, the fact that it IS a Miata, is probably not one of them.

To the wrenches! Only way my Golf is ever getting off the lift, is to actually do work to it...

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Just commenting on your outrage to Jack wanting to drive his Miata. There are plenty of reasons to rage against driving a Miata, but, the fact that it IS a Miata, is probably not one of them.

To the wrenches! Only way my Golf is ever getting off the lift, is to actually do work to it...
LOL!! I have no outrage towards Jack that is the way we talk to each other!! I have been friends with him for over 15 years now.....:p

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I have been know to bring Non-TDI vehicles......last year for instance.....:eek:
I also brought a non-TDI vehicle to ImpexFest last year however it was a DIESEL vehicle (2012 BMW X5 35d). :p I'm planning to bring the 535d this time. :)

Last edited:

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
LOL!! I have no outrage towards Jack that is the way we talk to each other!! I have been friends with him for over 15 years now.....:p
Well, not saying outrage towards Jack is a bad thing! And I have you beat by a country mile, have known Sir Jack since 1981! He was the TA from one of the first classes I had in college.

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
Hi everyone, long time no see!

I'm interested in attending, learning how to use VCDS (will bring my cable and laptop to share). Also interested in having my brake fluid flushed.

2004 Jetta TDI with BEW engine, auto transmission.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Room booked. Yes, the Ramada. Eric and I have stayed there numerous times without issue.

Mary, should I bring a cleaned intake? Eric will probably be happy to help you for a donation to his beer fund. Or bring him a case of Yuengling.... :)

This is going to be a flying trip for us. Get off work 0700 Friday. Leave KY 0800. Sleep. Stay at IMPEX until NLT 1700 Saturday. Drive home. Work Sunday morning 0700.

Bruce

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
Mary, should I bring a cleaned intake? Eric will probably be happy to help you for a donation to his beer fund. Or bring him a case of Yuengling.... :)
Bruce

I was just going to seek you out and see if I could implore you or Eric to do an intake for me once again! There will be no problem taking care of the beer fund. Don't I recall there was a bourbon fund as well? LOL!

Working on particulars for the trip, so let me get back to you as soon as I can to cement it down. Tnx so very very much!
Mary

VeeDubTDI

TDI
On the fence about attending, someone convince me to make the 9/10 hour drive. I've never been to an Impex Fest before.
At Ho5G you let me test drive your 6-speed B4V. I'll return the favor by letting you test drive the V10. :D

n1das

TDI
Abacus said:
On the fence about attending, someone convince me to make the 9/10 hour drive. I've never been to an Impex Fest before.
VeeDubTDI said:
At Ho5G you let me test drive your 6-speed B4V. I'll return the favor by letting you test drive the V10.
Resistance is futile... :) I'm planning to bring my BMW 535d to ImpexFest. You can check it out too if interested.

n1das

TDI
VeeDubTDI, how fast will the V10 go? I need to know how much to bring with me.
I dunno about top speed but I got to test drive one back in 2004. It launches with authority right off the line when you plant your right foot, thanks to all the Weapons-grade TORQUE from the V10. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
VeeDubTDI, how fast will the V10 go? I need to know how much to bring with me.
I may or may not have had it up to 120 mph on the exit ramp by my house. :eek:

It's limited to 143 mph, apparently... haven't tested that yet, though. ;)

MonsterTDI09

TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I will be there. Monsterdog is a maybe.

rickyb80

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Looking to get Rocketchip tune on my 02 ALH TDI. Also want to learn more about VCDS and I'm looking to buy an OMI and upgraded intercollegiate piping for the SMIC. also on the search for some 17's to upgrade from stock 15's.