Impex Fest!! June 2 2012

TheCityGame

TDI
Golf 2011
If the car that you are talking about is the 2011 listed in your Sig, and if you have the "Highline" version (top of the line) you may be able to activate the Auto Rain Closing Windows if you have the Rain Sensor installed.

I could be wrong though...

MrVermin
Thanks, it is the car in the sig, but it doesn't have a fancy package.

I was going as cheap as I could when I got it, but when I shopped around, one guy had the one with the sun roof for about $200 more than any of the other deals I saw.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
TheCityGame said:
That's all I was asking about.

If you need an example of an appropriate response, see the post above yours.
I was being facetious, no insult intended.

You just need to get in the habit of checking visually whether it's open or not.

My Golf doesn't have a sunroof so I don't know what the switch looks like. Is it still a rotary/dial type? One direction tilts it open, the other slides it back? If you only cracked it open, the switch would be a good indicator.

wjbski

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 MKIV TDi ( long gone) 2012 TDi Golf
put me down for (1) to be there. I haven't seen John at Impex for a few years, I was driving a Camry for a while but now I have a TDi Golf. Any idea if Impex is ordering any of the euro-spec'd parts to have on hand, such as the cubby bin under the headlight switch or any of the aspherical mirrors?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Check out the first post. Preordered parts can be picked up at the Fest, but there will not be any sales that day.

Last edited:

TDIGLI2002

TDI
2002 GLI Bora
I will be there, was there for the first, proud to be there again.

My car is finally done being tuned, well getting cams with next belt, then it's done.

Will bring case of Heineken or becks, thats food right?

-George Pirpiris- (Alex, my brother who does sales at Impex won't be there, don't mix us up, we look similar)

Any out of towners who know me, I finally bought a house in Baltimore city in greek town (right off 95, have huge couch and guest room if you want to after party or rest before driving 8-12 hours.)
If you want to have some of the best Greek food in America, just follow me home, we can go to Zorba's

gearjam

TDI
2000 B5 Passat TDI conversion
Impex

Never been to any TDI GTG. Are conversions welcome and will there be a swapmeet area?

mgaircool

TDI
N/A
I'll be there wife's jetta needs egr delete and my golf needs retune. I Can't drive both and she won't come so her mil will stay on for another year.

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
I'll be there!

Will bring my homemade kit if anyone wants to do a Lubro Moly injector flush while there. Can pre-order a can from Impex for pickup that day, as the sales counter will be closed. Same one I brought last time for anyone that needs it.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I'll be there!
Will bring my homemade kit if anyone wants to do a Lubro Moly injector flush while there. Can pre-order a can from Impex for pickup that day, as the sales counter will be closed. Same one I brought last time for anyone that needs it.
That means that there will be two set ups this year. I'll be bringing mine also so there won't be a waiting list! ;)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Looking forward to it! Gonna be some good burgers! :D

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok,

I just convinced myself.... I'll be there... Only an 8 and 1/2 drive from my place and just over 1/2 a tank of fuel :cool:

I'll leave Friday night about midnight, and arrive about 9am Saturday morning for the festivities.

Only thing is I'll need a place to crash for Saturday night so I can leave Sunday :p:D

See ya all there.

MrVermin

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Already offered you a place to crash on Saturday night. :p

Glad you're going to make it out!

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Drivers door lock install

Anyone coming that is experienced in installing a new drivers side door lock. I can help and am willing to pay someone that has done it before. PM me if interested.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Motel reservation made, check. Eric off work early, check. Me off work, check. Waggin ready, check. Parts order made.....oops! I'll get that done Monday.

Guys, don't forget to make your parts orders. Great opportunity to pick up shop supplies/extra filters, etc without paying shipping.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Good reminder on the parts orders! I'll have to do an inventory of the shed and see what we need.

VeeDubTDI

TDI

VeeDubTDI

TDI
So far the weather for this weekend looks pretty good.

76 degrees and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. All of that could change, but it's on the up and up for the moment. :cool:

4XTaco

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Touareg
I still might be coming down, I have some used parts to sell, thats if we are allowed to?

Front and Rear Rebar w/ Foam- Came off GTI, I can get P/N off them if needed, great shape: $50/ each

OEM wheel well plastic- drivers side- NEW $25

OEM Wheel studs: $2/ each (have a bunch- at least 20)

Boostvalve kit for TDI: NIB, box is torn because it was in car during accident but everything is there and I ziplocked to make sure they stay together. $35

OEM Steelies 5x100 Used, Dirty with snow tires that are pretty shot; no I will not remove them. $80

TSW Hockenheims Used- 1 good, 1 curbed, 1 bad (bent and repair shop couldn’t fix) $50 for good, $40 for curbed, $10 for the paperweight, garden hose reel, end table… rest where on car during accident and no I will not go retrieve them.

I have lug covers, center nuts in blue and red and I think maybe a few in clear and the clips that keep the center nut from backing off… OBO

Email me if interested bdsalter at gmail dot com so I make sure to throw them in

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Ok folks.....I just spoke to John at IMPEX.
There will not be a TENT this year. The driveway has new asphalt on it.....
and as such John did not want to drive spikes in it......So if you want shelter bring your own.
That said! 3 more days!!

NO TENT RAISING ON FRIDAY!!

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hmm - for the future, you can get frame tents that do not require spiking into the ground. The frame tents are self supporting and get tied down to 55 gallon drums full of water. I'm renting a 20x20 for TDIFest for the hotel parking lot for under $300... possibly a larger one depending on turnout.

Just an option! :)

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Ok folks.....I just spoke to John at IMPEX.
There will not be a TENT this year. The driveway has new asphalt on it.....
and as such John did not want to drive spikes in it......So if you want shelter bring your own.
That said! 3 more days!!

NO TENT RAISING ON FRIDAY!!
Tom,

I can snag a couple of pop-up tents from work if you want some shade for the food. Let me know.