Impex Fest!! June 2 2012

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
2012 Edition!
11th Anniversary Edition! best and biggest East Coast TDI GTG!
The 1st one was held on 4/13/2002 and was called Baltimore Mini GTG and held up the street at Impex's former location!
I have not missed and IMPEX GTG!
some pics and part of thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=42991&highlight=impex&page=6
What: ImpexFest XI
When: Friday June 1 2012 4:00pm-6:00pm Tent Raising
Saturday June 2 2012
ATTENTION! THERE WILL BE NO TENT THIS YEAR! DRIVEWAY HAS BEEN REDONE AND NO STAKES ARE TO BE DRIVEN THERFORE NO TENT!
SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE!!
Address: 10821 Willamson Lane Bldg 3E Cockeysville, MD 21030
I will need some assistance again this year as I work in my Families Business and I work 6-7 days a week!!

Quote:
directions clarification
From I-83 (heading north) take the Warren Road Exit (right hand only)
At the 1st Traffic light, turn LEFT
At the first MAJOR intersection(3-way) turn RIGHT onto Cockeysville Road
At Williamson Lane, turn LEFT. It's at the top of a hill/incline.
Williamson to the end, Impex on the right.
So it's Saturday, rain or shine. If it's raining, we'll move inside!!
Chip tuning ROCKETCHIP tuning, is CONFIRMED!!! Jeff and Oliver will be here!
Parts:
You must pre-order online, IMPEX will not be Selling Parts this day only delivering Pre-Ordered Parts
specify pick up ........You save the shipping!
Schedule of Events:
6:00pm FRIDAY, Tent Raisings - WE will HAVE ONE TENT
I could use some assistance in setting up the 1 20 by 30 foot tent Friday.Between 4-6 PM Afterwards we may go to dinner.........
Please bring one food item and something to drink.
Impex will buy some food, soda just like every year.
Keep checking back to this page for updates and announcements!!!
Unless you state you are coming you are not included in the count!
Current count:

Last edited:

silverstick

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS (160K miles), and '05 Jetta GLS wagon (120K)
Paramedick, that means you'll be there?

For East Coasters who don't keep up with the forums and have never been to Versailles, Ky. (and don't know how to pronounce it), Paramedick is tops.

On a trip to New Orleans via Ohio and points south, our '02 sedan threw a code. It was about 600 miles too far for Hevster to come, so we pointed the car at Versailles and called Paramedick. "Come see me," he said.

When we pulled up, he waved us into his shop, fixed the problem (not a critical one, fortunately), and adjusted a couple of things that had nothing to do with the code. Then he waved us on. We drove the rest of the 2,000 or so miles to Louisiana and back home with full confidence.

I still can't pronounce the name of his hometown. (Not like the one where Marie Antoinette slept with Louis XVI.)

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The V's have this on the Calendar. Will be good to see everyone. Tomo too!!.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Ah, CRAP! I've been looking forward to this. But this is the weekend of the MS-150 on the Eastern Shore of VA. :( Maybe next year; but only if it's not on the first weekend of June again.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Paramedick, that means you'll be there?

I still can't pronounce the name of his hometown. (Not like the one where Marie Antoinette slept with Louis XVI.)
It means I'll try really hard to be there. I'm already off 5 of the 10 shifts in June. What's one more?......that's the arguement I'll use with the boss.

Fur sales with a V instead of a F.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I can't wait! We'll be there. Now... which car to bring? :eek:

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
As of now, I have that weekend open. Never been to Impexfest before, I'll have to try to tie in a visit to my friend in Annapolis.

porshh

TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI Manual
I'll be there! - If you guys need some help with tent - let me know I work next Town Center Mall.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I seem to have that weekend off and would love to rub elbows with those I have had so much interaction but never met.

I think I'll pencil this in.

StealthTDI said:
Ah, CRAP! I've been looking forward to this. But this is the weekend of the MS-150 on the Eastern Shore of VA. :( Maybe next year; but only if it's not on the first weekend of June again.
You ride? I do the MS-150 in Maine every year on my fixed gear (yes, I'm one of those). Go to Impex and then come to Maine on vacation in August and ride the Maine one. It's a great time, but the century is not for the faint of heart with over 7,000' of vertical climbing. Plenty of room at the house.

Last edited:

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
What is the philosophy on light wrenching?

My friend has an '09 2.5 Jetta with ~80k that has never had the spark plugs replaced. Figured it might be the right time & place. If not, her parking lot will work.

4XTaco

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Touareg
I may show up for this... even though I would be a bit out of place now. Hey atleast I'm back in a VW product. :eek:
Besides I have some parts to sell off from my TDI (Still miss it)

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Wait, is this where everyone in New England says they are coming down to see Tomo and then we cancel at the last minute??? :) ;)

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
You moved it! UGHHHHHH! I had my sights on the first weekend in May since I will have it off.

The first weekend in June is a big family reunion for hubby's family. I still might be able to pull it off. Might be in the doghouse though... :)

PeterV

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Mary the Dog house is a GREAT place to be..........

Really hope to see you P&J..

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Looks like I might have to work that weekend... I could possibly attend in the morning and roll out around 1pm. I'm sure Jason will be able to make it up for the whole day.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Newbie to IMPEX

While I have been lurking around and occassionally posting to the forums, I have not attended any TDI events and would be interested in finally making it to one! I hope to return from my deployment in time to attend. Not too far from where I live in PA. Where do most people stay in the area?

PeterV

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Any local lodging. Some of us are fortunate to have relatives in the area.

The Impex GTG is a great venue to meet and see other TDIers.