IMPEX Fest IX MAY 15,2010

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
tomo366 said:
Basically because no one buys parts anymore
I work 6km up the road from Impex. I've ordered from them five times in the past six weeks. Why would I wait for ImpexFest for parts when I can pick them up on the way home any day of the week? Should I wait to pick up suspension bushings/mounts for the NB so it'll make them happier? :confused:

I would guess that if they had oil, filters and that kind of maintenance parts available the day of, they would get more business. I can't count the number of GTGs I've been at that folks didn't bother placing orders with vendors beforehand and then went around asking if those of us smart enough to pre-order had X, Y or Z we'd sell them because they need it maaaaaaaaaaaan.

Last edited:

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
VeeDubTDI said:
I was making an observation as to why sales might be slow. I plan on attending this event and purchasing parts. Also, I don't plan on wrenching on my car in their lot... i'll be doing that at my house.
I stand corrected. I am a price shopper and thier parts may be a a couple of bucks more on one thing and a few less on another, it all balances out in the end. They have good parts not china town knockoffs and good customer service.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
This is a GTG thread NOT a price shopping thread.
Stop now!

Last edited:

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
VeeDubTDI said:
Also, I don't plan on wrenching on my car in their lot... i'll be doing that at my house.
I thought you said you wanted to install your transmission mount earlier in this thread? yes... right here...

I'll be ordering motor mounts and the trans mount for my car... hopefully I can get at least the trans mount installed while I'm there. My current one is shot.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It's certainly a possibility. We'll see how the day turns out. I might be driving the TT up instead of the Jetta... dad is interested in a chip. Or perhaps he'll make the drive up!

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
PeterV said:
Stop now!
Buying parts is part of the GTG. Now I have found that there prices are good and I prefer to buy from Impex for the most part. I just did my list today.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Things I've got for sale this year.
04 Jetta PD turbo $250 OBO
04 Jetta PD Downpipe with cat $100 OBO
MKIV Black leather e-brake handle $35
MKIV gray sun visors $25 for the pair
MKIV TDI spindles no hub $35 OBO
MKIV euro PD130 or PD150 engine cover (has a cut mark down the middle) $75 OBO

Please by my stuff so I can pay for my wedding and so I can just get rid of it. If you want pictures, let me know. Also, let me know if you are interested ahead of time. I dont plan on bringing the bigger items.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
On a sad note........One of my last living Uncles passed away yesterday........My brothers and I are going to Alton Ill on Wednesday for the Funeral. I will not be at Impex on Friday to assist putting the tent up.........and I highly doubt if I will make the main show either......... :(
It will be the 1st major road trip for the JSW........

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Items I have for sale:

3 Mk1 GTI "snowflake" 14" aluminum wheels. One is polished up and nice. The other 3 still need cleaned up. $25 (I'd make them free, but I'll get $30 for them at the scrap yard)

Mk4 gray cloth armrest. Not broken. I think I have the side trims? $40
Mk4 gray early glove box. Not broken. $40

1.8T "Power" intake gasket. Extra thick to keep the intake from heat soaking. $20

1.8T computer. Stock? 06A 906 032 C. Fits early Mk4 1.8ts? $100
1.8T computer. APR tuned. 06A 906 032 FD. From a 2001 beetle. $200

A3 / B4 leather airbag steering wheel. Nice shape. With airbag (good) & clockspring (probably good?). $50

Mk4 4 spoke steering wheel airbag. Good. Make me an offer.

Mk3 Golf single bulb headlamps. Ok shape. With bulbs! $20

Mk3 Jetta / Golf (w/ single headlamps) front light harness w/ fog lamps. Plug and play with no cutting, just plug it in and install the switch, relay, and bumper mounted fogs. $30

Trashed VNT15. No actuator. May have gone for a tumble in a clothes dryer.... Going to scrap Tuesday morning!
(hey if you had a scrap dryer and a pile of scrap metal wouldn't you put the two together??? It makes a really neat sound!) --> Oops, this was accidentally left in the dryer and was scrapped.

Don't like my prices? Make me an offer.

-Jason

Last edited:

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
PeterV said:
If the vendor putting on the GTG (or their mouthpiece) is considering not having it anymore due to no one buying parts, they have made it into a shopping issue.

I've been buying parts as I need them because I'm lucky enough to work very close to their warehouse. If I was expected to pick up parts the day of the event in order to 'show support' for the vendor, that should have been explicated up front.

alex97jazzblue

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BRM
Egr

I have an entire EGR setup from a 2002 ALH. Did the EGR delete. I have everthing is good working conditrion. $100. Will be in Impex show room.
Cash or Paypal/

kgirlbug2k

Veteran Member
I can go for part of the morning, but do have to leave somewhat early to be at work. I can help transport parts to some limited areas (5,6,7 ) hours later in the week for those wishing to order but not able to pick up.

I have a 2.0 and a TDI needing work LOL.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
I also have alumn. MKVI jetta trunk struts $25 and MKIV Hella Micro DE fog light kit for a Jetta $150 BNIB.

alex97jazzblue

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BRM
Ordering At Impex

PEOPLE PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS THIS MESSAGE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY WORLD IMPEX STAFF:

As an employee of Impex, I want you to understand that you DO NOT have to order parts to attend the event. Nor do we need the public tdi folks to order parts for us to hold the event.

All we are asking is that if you need parts to PLEASE pre-order. We do this so that like you, we can enjoy the festivities without working all day. Were not saying we are not willing to sell you parts on the day of the show, but it causes a lot of time loss when if you pre-ordered, all you would have to do is tell us who you are, and we hand you your parts!

We are not dependent on customers purchasing parts to hold the event. This is strictly our way of showing appreciation to all previos, current, and or new customers. We are also providing a means of new contacts for vendors such as "Rocket Chip, Torque Junkie" etc.

Please just show up with smiles:D and the desire to socialize nicely with each other.

We look foward to seeing you all there!:cool:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Leo. Yes. like new. New take offs. No TPMS. Also have a set of 15" if you are interested.

Are you going to IMPEX

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
alex97jazzblue said:
PEOPLE PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS THIS MESSAGE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY WORLD IMPEX STAFF:

As an employee of Impex, I want you to understand that you DO NOT have to order parts to attend the event. Nor do we need the public tdi folks to order parts for us to hold the event.

All we are asking is that if you need parts to PLEASE pre-order. We do this so that like you, we can enjoy the festivities without working all day. Were not saying we are not willing to sell you parts on the day of the show, but it causes a lot of time loss when if you pre-ordered, all you would have to do is tell us who you are, and we hand you your parts!

We are not dependent on customers purchasing parts to hold the event. This is strictly our way of showing appreciation to all previos, current, and or new customers. We are also providing a means of new contacts for vendors such as "Rocket Chip, Torque Junkie" etc.

Please just show up with smiles:D and the desire to socialize nicely with each other.

Thanks for setting the record straight. :)

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Bob S. said:
Leo. Yes. like new. New take offs. No TPMS. Also have a set of 15" if you are interested.

Are you going to IMPEX
yep... are they just rims or tires with? pm me details on the 16s and asking price. thnx

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
anyone want to help me install the turn signal convenience module. it is the splice in type.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
alex97jazzblue said:

Thank you for hosting a great GTG. :)

kgirlbug2k

Veteran Member
Anyone want to any of these?
A install a suspension
B install a right hand drive rear fog
C do the wiring to add heated seats

...to a 1998 diesel beetle?

Or fix that stupid evap. emissions code on a 2000 gasser?

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
kgirlbug2k,

I just installed heated seats with the OEM switches in my Beetle last winter. I can show you the wiring diagram and how I wired everything. I don't think there would be enough time to fabricate a wiring harness and get everything hooked up. I'll be driving my 2005 Beetle to the Impex GTG. Hope to get there around 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.

Eric

OilBurnerDE

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat T-Red
Officially soliciting the help of those with a greater knowledge base than I. (basically everyone) Just installed PP764's and have a hesitation\stumble\miss at various rpms and load. No VAG com at the moment. Willing to pull the injectors to have them pop tested and throw the old ones back in, when I pick up new crush washers at the event. I only have 3 new ones left. Dealer is out of stock.
Also will there be any BIO for sale at the event. None for sale within 40 miles of me.

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
I will bring my pop tester if anyonewants to use it. Baby not quite ready yet so I can attend to help jeff and others...unless things change... Lol

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
Impex

Oliver,

Hope to see you there. I've got a couple questions on mods for a BEW to run by you and Jeff (if he has a couple minutes to spare, probably not). THanks!

Eric