IMPEX Fest IX MAY 15,2010

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Spoke to John at IMPEX today..........he stated he has received NO pre-orders for parts.........I state again they are not going out to get parts they do not have in stock on this day! If you need parts order them now.........

Thanks!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I should order engine and transmission mounts for my Jetta. Hmm...

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
I am going to opt out of this. Most of the people I wanted to see from the old crew, sound like they will not be present. The whole operations seems to be uncoordinated this year. I miss the days of Tongsli.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
POWERSTROKE said:
I am going to opt out of this. Most of the people I wanted to see from the old crew, sound like they will not be present. The whole operations seems to be uncoordinated this year. I miss the days of Tongsli.
What do you mean??? There are 40 folks signed up to be there as of yesterday! There is no more or less coordination then there ever was!

I have a Job in my Families Business........it makes it hard for me to leave for a long time! For years the GTG was Scheduled the 1st weekend of May.........John for an unknown reason changed that by 2 weeks this year..........some people are not coming because of it!

Last edited:

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Yup, agreed! This event used to be held on a Sunday, too. Small changes, perhaps for improvement. I personally don't mind the two week delay since it removes a conflict with my anniversary (which went well). BUT, if it were on a Sunday, I'd bow out due to a conflict with my autocross schedule (3rd Sunday each month).

One perception I DO have this year is the lack of prearranged orders from IMPEX. I'm sure there was a time when Impex Fest was VERY good for business. These days, with so many more vendors catering to TDI owners, it appears things have changed. Personally, I'd love to place an order. But I took care of a lot of PMs recently I shouldn't need to make any VW purchases for a while, especially since I have extra stock onhand. I hope the lack of sales does not preclude future Impex Fests. This is a REALLY good event, better than TDI Fest from the perspective of pure socialization without side-shows (sorry, Fred).

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
tomo366 said:
What do you mean??? There are 44 folks signed up to be there as of yesterday! There is no more or less coordination then there ever was!

I have a Job in my Families Business........it makes it hard for me to leave for a long time! For years the GTG was Scheduled the 1st weekend of May.........John for an unknown reason changed that by 2 weeks this year..........some people are not coming because of it!
Eating cat....:D

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
Not that my one order would help, but I'm trying to order the '10 Wolfsburg grilles but they keep asking me for a VIN. I don't have a VIN for that car because I don't own one :confused:

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
tomo366 said:
...........As I stated above John is very Disappointed in the lack of parts orders and this may indeed be the last Impex GTG........:rolleyes:
That sucks. I have dealt with John over the years and have to honestly say, he has helped me a handful of times. It's a shame that a nice event like this will possibly not happen again. Of all the vendors, John has probably been one of the best over the course of time. Very helpful.....

Last edited:

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
Anyone from Ohio making the trip?

I would like to order the rear trim piece from the back hatch of my wagon but the shipping is more than the price of the actual part!

Is anyone from the Dayton/Columbus/Cincinnati area going to Impexfest that might be able to bring the part back for me?

Medic92

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
tomo366 said:
I just got back from IMPEX. It looks like it may be possible for us to use the Lift now, He no longer has a Resident Mechanic.........
I have a Factory Steel Skidplate to install on my 2010 Jetta Sportwagen.......I just don't have the tools anymore!
As I stated above John is very Disappointed in the lack of parts orders and this may indeed be the last Impex GTG........:rolleyes:
Perhaps John should reconsided 'day of' parts ordering. It always seemed like there was a good amount of parts moving in the previous years.

D-Fish

TDI
Black 2010 TDI Cup
I am excited to say I will be coming to this GTG. This will be my first of many to come I hope. Looking forward to meeting other members, and seeing what being apart of the dub family is like. CHEERS!!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'll be ordering motor mounts and the trans mount for my car... hopefully I can get at least the trans mount installed while I'm there. My current one is shot.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
We're not going to make IMPEX this year. Schedule is very tight, and I have to work at 0700 on Sunday. I'm not a kid of 50 anymore...:D , and 8 hours of driving takes more out of me than it used to.

John WILL be getting a large supply order from me for shipment. Time to restock.......

VeeDubTDI

TDI
tomo366 said:
WOW.................:( This is probably the Last Impex..........
Why, because a bunch of regulars can't make it this year? Or because of very few parts orders? It's a great GTG, and we get new people every year. This year you're getting some from Ohio and at least one from Michigan. :cool:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
VeeDubTDI said:
Why, because a bunch of regulars can't make it this year? Or because of very few parts orders? It's a great GTG, and we get new people every year. This year you're getting some from Ohio and at least one from Michigan. :cool:
Basically because no one buys parts anymore..........He is unhappy about attendance also...........
Let's get through this and John will make his decision about next year........

You are in charge now right??

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Don't put me in charge. :eek: I don't think I've ever made it there before noon.

I think that parts prices could be a bit more competitive, and sales would go up... perhaps a deal on parts if you pre-order and pick them up at the GTG. Just thinkin' out loud.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
VeeDubTDI said:
Don't put me in charge. :eek: I don't think I've ever made it there before noon.

I think that parts prices could be a bit more competitive, and sales would go up... perhaps a deal on parts if you pre-order and pick them up at the GTG. Just thinkin' out loud.
LOL........That deal stopped a few years ago when people stopped buying from them and started buying from his competitors........
But it is OK for his staff to be there all day on there day off and spend a bunch of money to put this on and get nothing in return??? OK.......

I am out of it.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
tomo366 said:
LOL........That deal stopped a few years ago when people stopped buying from them and started buying from his competitors........
But it is OK for his staff to be there all day on there day off and spend a bunch of money to put this on and get nothing in return??? OK.......

I am out of it.
Forget I said anything about it. I'm just looking forward to having a good time at the GTG.

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
How do I order and say I will pick everything up at the fest?
I have these annoying little things I need to get.

Will you have maintenance kits on sight btw? Like oil and misc filters?

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
VeeDubTDI said:

I compare prices all the time and IMPEX's prices are competitive. That was an offbase remark:(

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I just did a bunch of searching yesterday, and they were consistently higher than my regular places that I check. So it's not off base. Granted, I didn't check every vendor... only a handful.

BragaDub, call John at Impex and tell him that you'd like to order parts for pickup. He'll have them ready for you. I do believe they have regular maintenance items available for purchase on site. They stock a lot of that stuff. :cool: Their phone number is 800.736.3550.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
VeeDubTDI said:
I just did a bunch of searching yesterday, and they were consistently higher than my regular places that I check. So it's not off base. Granted, I didn't check every vendor... only a handful.

BragaDub, call John at Impex and tell him that you'd like to order parts for pickup. He'll have them ready for you. I do believe they have regular maintenance items available for purchase on site. They stock a lot of that stuff. :cool: Their phone number is 800.736.3550.
True or not, quite gauche to say that in this forum while wanting to attend that event and use thier facility to wrench on your car. Think about it Lawson.

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
VeeDubTDI said:
I just did a bunch of searching yesterday, and they were consistently higher than my regular places that I check.............
The prices may be slightly higher, but one thing that should be said is that the parts are dealer parts. I have never been delivered some crap aftermarket crapola from him.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
LiLredTDI said:
True or not, quite gauche to say that in this forum while wanting to attend that event and use thier facility to wrench on your car. Think about it Lawson.
I was making an observation as to why sales might be slow. I plan on attending this event and purchasing parts. Also, I don't plan on wrenching on my car in their lot... i'll be doing that at my house.