IMPEX Fest IX MAY 15,2010

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Are you coming to Impex, RC? Haven't seen you in a while!

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
Leo819 said:
Braga

are you staggered? what ya running?
Yup! The wheels are Seiken NKB N510

(Including spacers in the ET)
F: 17 x 8 ET 28
R: 17 x 9 ET 20/22.5
The back has two different sized spacers in order to make them sit evenly on each side.

Tires
F: 215/45 (Switching to 205/45)
R: 225/45 (Switching to 215/45)

imperium

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
It is a definite now! Count me in! (plus one since the roomie now has a TDI as well)

Lawson, anyone meeting up with ya for some infamous Thai beforehand? :)

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
Has anyone spoken to Jules? She had a TDI Beetle, then got a MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI. I have not seen/talked to her in years!

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I picked up some BBS RCs, I just got them Powdercoated. I am trying to decide what tire size to get. stock 225 of go to 215. I putting coil overs on soon, I am gonna run 8mm up front and 16 in the rear.

On a side note, I getting rid of the CC. Gonna keep my TDI, and the wife will hopefully be driving a JSW.

Last edited:

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
Leo819 said:
I picked up some BBS RCs, I just got them Powdercoated. I am trying to decide what tire size to get. stock 225 of go to 215. I putting coil overs on soon, I am gonna run 8mm up front and 16 in the rear.

On a side note, I getting rid of the CC. Gonna keep my TDI, and the wife will hopefully be driving a JSW.
Do you plan on tucking the tires into the fenders? If so (and if I remember the RC specs) 205s would probably work out better, but even then not much of a stretch. Otherwise might as well just do the stock size.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
imperium said:
It is a definite now! Count me in! (plus one since the roomie now has a TDI as well)

Lawson, anyone meeting up with ya for some infamous Thai beforehand? :)
Yup, there's a thread about it.

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
Sounds like another good time at Impex! I'm hoping I can make it again this year.

-Tony

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Braga_Dub said:
Do you plan on tucking the tires into the fenders? If so (and if I remember the RC specs) 205s would probably work out better, but even then not much of a stretch. Otherwise might as well just do the stock size.
I am tucking, not flush. I will read up more before I buy.

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
Impex

Tony/OEO,

Hope to see you there again this year. Driving the Beetle, again. I finally installed/wired my OEM HID headlights. Put in a Stage 3 DC clutch last Fall. Going to do quite a few things when I do the timing belt in about 5,000 miles or so.

Eric

OilBurnerDE

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat T-Red
Is there an official "For Sale at Impex" thread or are we even aloud to sell used parts and what not.

I ask because I have 1 maybe 2 A3/B4 intake manifolds that I would like to get rid of. As well as few Cd/changers 1 b5 and 1 b4 and maybe even a head unit if I can find the code. If it is permitted, a thread would help those who maybe looking for and/or selling items have a place to post instead of the main event thread.

Thoughts?

joshman

TDI
'03 jetta gls
I'm should make it up. Had fun when i was there last time. Does impex have the machine for pop testing injectors or is any one bringing one? Thinking about putting in a set of pp520 either there or before hand. Not sure of the necessity of pop testing, but if its available why not?

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
You dont want to stay in Dulles. Thats 3 hours away. Stay at the Red Roof Inn in Timonium its $60 a night with a coupon.

VeeDubTDI said:
The Dulles Hyatt (2009 Fest location) is $71/night for Friday and Saturday nights... can't beat that price if you're trying to stay in the DC area. Book now, pay now. http://dulles.hyatt.com

Yes, we'll be doing Thai Thai again on Friday night. :D

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
brucebanes said:
You dont want to stay in Dulles. Thats 3 hours away. Stay at the Red Roof Inn in Timonium its $60 a night with a coupon.
And where might one find that coupon? Those bandits tried to hold me up for $100/night last year.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
brucebanes said:
Dulles is an hour and a half to two hours away, not three (unless you're in traffic, which there will be none of at 8am on a Saturday).

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
If your going to stay that far away then spend the night in Culpepper. Dulles is a dump and too expensive in my opinion.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
He's already booked the room and paid the bill... and the price he got is outstanding.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Here Kitteh kitteh Kitteh...OM NOM NOM NOM.

Hey is the Breakfast still happening before impex? Havent heard much about it and was wondering.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
brucebanes said:
I called and its Preakness week...
Now there's a good reason to keep this event on the weekend before Mother's Day...:(

Hope you guys have a good time - first one we're missing in (well for Peter - ever and for me 7 years)

We want tee shirts if there are new ones this year!

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
I'm going to have to drop out of this one guys. My work called me off of layoff to offer me a fulltime position 1st shift, which I had to refuse as it interferes with school schedule. Now I can't collect and they won't let me go part time. 1.5 years of third shift, and now they do this.

C'est la vie

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Work was putting the screws to me, too... but I held my ground and have off for the whole weekend of Impex. :D I guess someone else will just have to run the huge Microsoft SharePoint event here at work. ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We'll miss you all! It's not quite Impex without tomo, Peter, and Julie.