IMPEX Fest IX MAY 15,2010

pgenis

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA 2006
:)Timonium is a looong drive from Silver Spring.

I will make it the first Impex I will be attending. I will come Friday and can help with the tent or whatever else. If all goes well will also bring 2006 Jetta TDI - I got the skid plate installed last autumn, front fogs and now struggling with the stupid engine light. Seems to be related to the intermittent glow plug #3 failure and the path to go to the dealer and have ECU reprogrammed makes me nervous (recommended by our trusted Wheaton Service Centre folks).

Can bring some food like potato salad, pasta salad, pasta without salad, good rye bread. Is there any list of what brings who ?

I might also take with me 2006 Liberty CRD, if my dad does not kill it by then. He has some talent about it.

Peter

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
PeterV said:
Again the V's will be there.
Umm...no, we won't. :(

I just looked at the date - Impexfest is scheduled a week later than usual ...

DASH

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI / 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
**Waves and Shakes Hands** I'm new to the TDI Club and looking forward to meeting the lot of you all...

I live in Baltimore City, right by Catonsville. I hope that is an off Sat for me and I can make it up there since this is so close.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
adamant628 said:
When is the latest to RSVP for this, or can I just show up with some food?
no need to rsvp..........whatever your bringing in the way of food, please see the thread in this section stickied to the top for food/beverages. i will add your name and food donation in the proper spot.........thank you

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
LiLredTDI said:
no need to rsvp..........whatever your bringing in the way of food, please see the thread in this section stickied to the top for food/beverages. i will add your name and food donation in the proper spot.........thank you
Oops, looks like I just got invited to a wedding on this day. Hopefully next year.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'll be there! I'm trying to get Jason and some of the Michigan/Ohio folks to come, too. :D

I have to decide whether to bring the 420 hp TDI or the 70 hp T-IDI. ;)

If Dent Wizard is there, I have a lot of dents on the truck from the snow this winter.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I will def be there, and so Will my wife. This will be her first TDI GTG

Need to find a decent hotel in the area for not much money. Would like to go to Breakfast before hand like last year (wherever that was..) and stay for two nights..

Any Suggestions on where to stay thats in the middle of everything?

Are we doing Tai Tai again on Friday night this year Lawson? I think Amanda would like that, but only if you order the foodz :)

Aaron

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The Dulles Hyatt (2009 Fest location) is $71/night for Friday and Saturday nights... can't beat that price if you're trying to stay in the DC area. Book now, pay now. http://dulles.hyatt.com

Yes, we'll be doing Thai Thai again on Friday night. :D

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Done and Done.. Booked two nights at the Dulles Hyatt. Wife will be HAPPY with that... (wow SOOOO cheap!)

bulabula

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 Jetta; A4 Golf 2-door; Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel
There are lots of closer places to Impex than the Dulles Hyatt. Hell, stay downtown 'Balmer and save yourself a lot of driving......

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
ya, but the wife will enjoy the Hyatt much more. and Im already drivin 7 hours just to get into the neighborhood. whats a few more to get around town.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Plus he wants to go to my local Thai place for dinner on Friday night.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
There is a great thai/sushi place near impex as well. Thai One On/San Sushi Too. It is in Towson maybe 10 minutes from impex.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Count me in for Thai Thai on Friday, the breakfast in Pasadena on Saturday morning and the fest itself that day.

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
jettafock said:
There is a great thai/sushi place near impex as well. Thai One On/San Sushi Too. It is in Towson maybe 10 minutes from impex.
Oh hai Dan, I heard sushi and just wanted to say HIIII :D

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Due to the fact I work at our Families new business and work 7 days a week it is not certain at this time that I will even be able to attend this year...........:(
So if there is someone out there that has extra time and would like to continue with planning this please let me know...........

Thanks.....

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
that stinks tom, i hope you can make it. if it wasnt the fact that i get married 2 weeks later. i would step up, but i am sure there will be someone that can step up.

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
jettafock said:
Who's this Braga_Dub guy? What the hecks up? You back in nova again?
Yup! Back in town! Do you go to any GTG's or anything?

How have you been? Congrats on getting married soon bro! :D

Medic92

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
tomo366 said:
Due to the fact I work at our Families new business and work 7 days a week it is not certain at this time that I will even be able to attend this year...........:(
So if there is someone out there that has extra time and would like to continue with planning this please let me know...........

Thanks.....
Tom,

I don't have leave yet for that day, but you have my number for anything you need.

Rob

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Wife is due about that time, so not sure I will make it either...lol This event is better than TDI Fest, would hate to miss it...

pawel

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 TDI 6 MT, Platinum Gray Metallic, Anthracite Interior
It looks like I can attend... anyone from around Philly interested in driving up together?

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
TdiRacing said:
Wife is due about that time, so not sure I will make it either...lol This event is better than TDI Fest, would hate to miss it...
Oliver, Congrats. An Impexfest w/o Oliver?:eek: :eek: :eek: