Immobilizer Delete, New Cluster, or Battery?

Juggernaut

TDI
Hi y'all, I have a 2006 GTI that's giving me an immobilizer active message. I would like to avoid this issue by turning off the immobilizer. The dealership already replaced my original key the first time and now they think I need a different cluster which is $450 just to program. I was wondering if I was to get another ecu (stage 2) with the immobilizer off, can this bypass having to get a new cluster?

They also charged my car battery when they programmed my new key. I didnt think the battery was starting to have issues but apparently charging it removed low voltage codes stored in the system that was causing an airbag light on the dash. They said it tested fine for now but for me to keep an eye on it. Could it be the battery all along causing the immobilizer to be active? Thanks in advance.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Hi y'all, I have a 2006 GTI that's giving me an immobilizer active message. I would like to avoid this issue by turning off the immobilizer. The dealership already replaced my original key the first time and now they think I need a different cluster which is $450 just to program. I was wondering if I was to get another ecu (stage 2) with the immobilizer off, can this bypass having to get a new cluster?

They also charged my car battery when they programmed my new key. I didnt think the battery was starting to have issues but apparently charging it removed low voltage codes stored in the system that was causing an airbag light on the dash. They said it tested fine for now but for me to keep an eye on it. Could it be the battery all along causing the immobilizer to be active? Thanks in advance.
I never seen battery will cause Immobilizer problem.
How ever mk5 models has problem with cluster and I have solution for that , which cost 3x less what will cost you to put new cluster in car .
Imo0 delete will make car start and run , but when you have problem immob active "message will be all the time in LCD and you will not be able to see anything else in menu , and Immo yellow light will flash all the time.

Contact me for more info .

Juggernaut

TDI
I never seen battery will cause Immobilizer problem.
How ever mk5 models has problem with cluster and I have solution for that , which cost 3x less what will cost you to put new cluster in car .
Imo0 delete will make car start and run , but when you have problem immob active "message will be all the time in LCD and you will not be able to see anything else in menu , and Immo yellow light will flash all the time.

Contact me for more info .
What is your solution?

Juggernaut

TDI
Right now my "immobilizer active" message is not on the dash. I put in a new battery. Car is able to start for now. Not sure if that made a difference. If I was to have the immobilizer turned off, I know that will enable the car to start but would that prevent this message from coming back? Or would I need to get the cluster fixed in addition to having the immobilizer off?

Last edited:

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
If only there was some sort of documentation that would give information about these systems......
Self-Study Program 890293 - Immobilizer Systems