IMMO and cluster madness

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
So I have a buddy over, he's got a 2002 wagon. I just installed the sports cluster he's had knocking about in his trunk for the last six months.

Went through the normal procedure of getting the SCK's from both clusters, matching the new one to the ECU, that all went groovy.

The part that's stumping me, is when trying to match his two keys to the new cluster. Go through Instruments, login, Adaption, group 21, type in 2, test, save. Key off, swap keys, but I'm immediately met with a fast flashing IMMO light, instead of the normal light on for 2 second, then off. It's also flashing faster than a typical immo incorrect light. What's odd, is I can start and the car stays running with both keys. But the IMMO light is just going bananas.

I have two faults,

So far I'm coming up with nothing on how to address it. I'd hate to send him down the road with a potential to get stranded. Thoughts?

Edit... It's letting me code the original valet key to the car, but not the fobb'd key, I wonder if he got an IMMO2 key by mistake....

Second edit.... I was able to code an IMMO2 chip to it, but it won't let me code an IMMO3 chip to it. What's really odd, is the car that has IMMO2 says the IMMO part number without vin, like it's supposed to, and the original cluster I took out of the wagon showed the IMMO pn along with the complete vin... like an IMMO3 is supposed to.

He's going to order an IMMO2 chip and try again. Wonder if it has something to do with the fact it's a September of 2001 wagon.

Last edited:

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
Take a look at DashDumpEdit ( https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.ph...gtacho-alternative.509151/page-8#post-5634442 ) as it may allow you to copy all the key info from one cluster to the other. I wrote my own program (which I may someday share) to do something similar. I'm constantly swapping clusters in my cars and I never need to do any VCDS adaptation as I copy the odometer, radio code and key info from one cluster to the next.

Last edited:

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
That'll be interesting to try.

Another issue I ran into is the key I borrowed from my dad's car for the immo2 chip now won't let me resync it back to his car.... So I've given up on that part. On my buddy's car he had the valet key his car came with, plus a whole brand new fob/key assembly from tunemyeuro that was never cut/coded. The new key wouldn't adapt with the new cluster. Never tried with the old.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
Another issue I ran into is the key I borrowed from my dad's car for the immo2 chip now won't let me resync it back to his car.... So I've given up on that part.
Immo2 chips are supposed to be reusable/swappable between cars: