I'm trying to search, I really am...

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
So I am trying to search for Light Wheels in the NMS Passat forum to see how small and light of wheels people have gone to in the name of economy and just what effects they have seen. But the problem with the search function is that it sees Light Wheels as two separate search terms. So all of the results come back with Airbag Light, Bulb out light, What Wheels do I have, etc.

Is there a way to force the search function to actually do what I want how I want?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I would try putting the search terms within quotes. IOW: instead of searching for light wheels do a search for "light wheels". This should force it to search for those 2 words only when they are together.

Have Fun!

Don

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I spend way too much time here and am a bit of a wheel slut, and I haven't seen much, if anything, about Passat and lighter wheels. So you may be searching correctly and there isn't anything to see.

Lately I've found that light aftermarket wheels for new VWs are harder to find, and are often larger diameter than I want. My .02 would be to seek out some OE VW 16s, either used or take offs, from a gasser. They won't be the lightest but there are a bunch of styles that look good. And search for a lighter tire.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
All forum search engines are weak. Use others like google, duckDuckGo with advanced feature, specify site.
Here's a user contributed Google hack-
VW TDI Search Engine

Of course for wheels no need to look TDI specific.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I just want to point out that this particular forum thread is NOT for your problems but rather problems with the TDI website.
I'm surprised, none of you four posters are brand new to TDI!

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Or SUGGESTIONS... After all, it is right in the forum title, is it not?

Then in the forum description, it states "This is also the spot for forum questions, comments, ideas, gripes, requests, etc"

I was asking for help, also known as a suggestion, on refining my search terms.

Can you think of a better place where one might seek help on using the forum features?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Yes, fine, but this more of a forum forum. Car stuff will be in 101 or the model specific forum. Also Power Enhancements, but the other 2 get a lot more traffic.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/
Thank you bob....

But in case you missed it the first two times, I am asking for info on how to refine my search input. You know... HELP ON USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

I am not asking this forum what are the lightest wheels for my car. I am asking how to search for the lightest wheels because the search function doesn’t combine words in the search function.

Regardless, I think a mod can go ahead and close this thread as it has run its course.