I'm gonna lose it the next time I hear about...

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I\'m gonna lose it the next time I hear about...

WHINERS complaining about the price of Diesel fuel!!!!!!!!!!
I am SO SICK OF ALL THIS BELLY ACHING, and YES, I AM YELLING!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGHHHHH!!!

[/rant]

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
Re: I\'m gonna lose it the next time I hear about...

[second rant]

It's not enough that our TDIs are getting head-and-shoulders better fuel economy than any comparable car on the road.

And how short are the memories of some when the tables are turned during summertime, when Diesel prices are cheaper than gasoline.

What a bunch of moaners and whiners.

[/second rant]

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta

People need to get used to it...it ain't going away.

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001

I think what Meister is trying to say is that ya'lls a bunch of whiney assclowns that need to be ****** slapped with a gasser as your only mode of haulin' ass for a few months. Then you can appreciate the diesel again...

With that said.. where the fark is my 50 cent diesel!

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S

WHAT SMELL??? At the pump??? I don't get any smell... At a cold start??? Ya, there is a LITTLE... and my guess is that it will be a lot less once we get the sulfer out...

And in case they didn't notice... gassers smell too when you start them cold...

-Jason

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow

This winter it is different, at least here. It's way higher here than high-test. Usually in the winter it's the same. Interesting that the truckers aren't making a 'stink'; guess they're just passing on the cost.

What kind of mileage does that new base 5 cylinder gas engine get anyhow?

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1

Dangit, I had to pay $3.35 for a pint of go juice this morning!!! What the...

Wait...that was for a Chai...shoot, my bad.

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather

SO... WHO'S WHINING???? My town: diesel: $2.779 regular gas: $2.13 PREMIUM gas: $2.339. I'm not whining... I'm DAMN mad. Diesel is NEVER less than premium gas here... NEVER.

DrewD

Veteran Member

SO... WHO'S WHINING???? My town: diesel: $2.779 regular gas: $2.13 PREMIUM gas: $2.339. I'm not whining... I'm DAMN mad. Diesel is NEVER less than premium gas here... NEVER.
And a large latte (20 oz) at Starbucks is almost 4 bucks.

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI

[/QUOTE]

And a large latte (20 oz) at Starbucks is almost 4 bucks.

[/QUOTE]
Nearest Starbucks is a 3.5 hour drive from here... and with these fuel prices that ain't happenin' any time soon...

dubvulture

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf GLS 5 spd. black/black

I've got the solution! All the whiners need to go out and purchase a Honda Civic. Then, when the price of diesel is more than gas, they can drive the Civic. When the price of diesel goes down, they can drive their TDI.

Although I guess that still doesn't work for those in the Northwest where diesel is always more. You'll all have to move to the East Coast.

philh

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Re: I\'m gonna lose it the next time I hear about..

You know, I'm fine with people complaining about the price of fuel. But enough already with the conspiracy theories about oil companies. If you really don't like it then, well, brew your own fuel and take them out of the loop.

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS

Diesel isn't always more than gasoline in the NW...

This is the first winter in the four I've owned this car that diesel has exceeded the price of premium by more than a nickel.

As of today, it's 73 cents per gallon more expensive than regular at the place I usually fuel. It's 55 cents more than premium.

There's a difference between whining about a nickel and griping about getting gouged.

If it makes you mad to hear about it, plug your ears. Nobody is forcing you to read the threads.

Brock_from_WI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon

I won't complain about the cost until diesel is twice the price of regular gas. Until then diesel is still cheaper per mile

I am so sick of people I know whining smugly, "Aren't you glad you bought a diesel now!" Of course I say yes, because it is still far cheaper to run then per mile then anything they have.

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI

I feel for everyone weathering though this period of high Diesel fuel prices.

I'm just so sick of the pervasiveness of the complaints, and the tone of most of these grumblings, the closest thing I can think of akin to it is a bunch of whiney children. "Gee whiz, with the price of Diesel fuel these days, I made a huge mistake buying my TDI. Should I dump it?"

I don't have the full answers as to why Diesel costs so much more than gasoline right now. There are factors and market forces that few outside of the petroleum industry knows what's causing this. What I do know is that it is not geographically limited to just North America or even one part of the continent. It seems to be a worldwide shortage. I get newsfeeds from Google News and there are reports of huge shortages of Diesel fuel in South East Asia and India as well.

I also know this this problem is temporary and seasonal. And thank God, knock on wood, come summer gas prices will reach parity or even exceed that of Diesel fuel; I will get a 4 month reprieve while people STFU until the next winter rolls around.

PDiesoiler

Veteran Member
PNW TDI Capital of the World; (ok maybe just the U
TDI
TDI-less

You know, I'm fine with people complaining about the price of fuel. But enough already with the conspiracy theories about oil companies. If you really don't like it then, well, brew your own fuel and take them out of the loop.
Well lets see now. Newly released Enron audio tapes prove a conspiracy to manipulate west coast energy prices and now we see the highest diesel prices in the country...by far!
Why would anyone suspect a conspiracy? Where do these ideas come from? Damn the consumer for *****ing anyways!

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd

Just filled up with Sunoco Gold -- 82 Cents a litre. Gas 80 cents.

Mysterious market forces too complicated to understand. Yeah, right. Complete oil company rip-off of consumer. There are no market forces because there is no market. No competition. A few oil companies control the market.

So there!!!!!

dieselt

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, 2000, green

...Interesting that the truckers aren't making a 'stink'; guess they're just passing on the cost...
Yes they are
...a loaf of bread isn't getting less expensive either.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars

TDIMeister-- I agree. People in North America who complain about the price of fuel should spend some time in Europe. My cousin's 96 Passat wagon costs >70 Euros to fill. That's about $92.80 by current x-change rates.

I say it all the time: I think US fuel prices should be around $4 per gallon, like in other countries, so people start *thinking* about what they drive.

On the other hand, $2.13 for dino diesel at my favorite station makes $3.30 for biodiesel not look so bad

Chin up, Meister, Tomo has the whiners in check!

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI

Well, if everyone in the globe were to refrain from driving and filling up for but even a week, retail fuel prices and crude oil futures would fall through the floor.

As much as we like to have warm fuzzies about driving fuel efficient cars, we're contributing to the problem of these "market forces" with every mile we drive. Let's not be delusioned into thinking otherwise. As much as we like to come up with rationalizations and conspiracy theories about corporate collusion and price fixing, prices are not a made up phenomenon, something that some CEO of a big-oil firm sits in his comfy office and makes up a price out of his ***. It's real and if there's a silver lining, it is that collectively, we have to power to change it.

Don't like fuel prices? Don't drive.

HAL9000

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver '01 Jetta GLS

Nearest Starbucks is a 3.5 hour drive from here... and with these fuel prices that ain't happenin' any time soon...
So, what I'm really hearing is that I should open a bunch of Starbucks in southern Oregon!

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself

So, what I'm really hearing is that I should open a bunch of Starbucks in southern Oregon!
Yeah. There are a few corners here and there that don't have one yet.

(coffee related PM on the way)

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus

Amen Meiser
I've wanted to start a thread like this for a long time.

Ahh good ol' Europe.
When I was there in the 1.4 L Polo it was costing €60/week to fill 55 liters. Add a car wash for another €8...Of course, the LDS church was paying for it so I didn't complain much.

-BB

notachickcar

TDI
2005 NB blue

When my wife is mad she gets real quite. She thinks she is punishing me but its great.

lupin..the..3rd

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B4 1996

If the new TDI's got 200 miles per gallon, some people would still be complaining that Premium gas is cheaper.

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI

[/QUOTE]

If the new TDI's got 200 miles per gallon, some people would still be complaining that Premium gas is cheaper.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly... but mine doesn't. Not even close.

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI

Diesel isn't always more than gasoline in the NW...
I assume this means you've never purchased fuel in Port Orford, Oregon...

Rammstein

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 92 D

As I told you guys in other threads, I won 1500$ of Sunoco Gold.

So I say
to the price of diesel for a little while...

Diesel is always cheaper than regular gas here, unless you are rich enough to fill up on the island of Montreal (10 cents per litre more expensive...
)...

Here you go crazy diesel prices: