I'm back ! And teamed up with the best !

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Your defense did not address my concerns. I would not question a member's skills or experience because that is aggressive behavior and there's no way for me to know your skill level. I assume everyone is telling the truth until I have evidence to believe otherwise.

What you may not understand is that I want you to be successful... I would love to see this monster build, and I'd be happy to see you do it.

The point I was trying to make is: telling us all you're doing something and doing it are different things. If you're unwilling to show or tell us what you're doing, but willing to make claims of power levels not even seen in Europe... don't expect us to fawn all over your unsubstantiated claims.

Here in the states, the only build I'm aware of that is over 300hp is actually being designed by mechanical engineers; targeted for 450hp. Check TDIsynchro's signature.

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
GSX,
Take a look at TDIinTexas's thread regarding the development of his GTB turbo kits. Textbook example of presenting his ideas/intentions, soliciting comment and addressing questions/observations, demonstrating progress of parts development, and finally introducing finished product.

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
It is not reality to build a 400HP VW 4cyl TDI engine as an all season build for most of North America. We will always end up with CR to low for cold starts or CR to high for PCP. If we get into the indirect injection engines from the older MB's, one can have ultra high hp/litre and still have good cold starts as the pre-chamber buffers the PCP effect on pistons and they just seem to hold cylinder pressure really well.
Our next target is 280bhp/L (already got ~250bhp/L) from our IDI engine and we now have parts for ++300bhp/L. CR is still 23:1.:D

Hopefully we get it into high 9s zone while still being daily driver with full interior and towing bar... Trap should be around 230kmh while weighting 1500kg. This can end up with a big bang as well...

Only major problem is that we have only one suitable track to get enough grip (as this is a daily driver and not a trailerqueen), so we won't have many opportunities this summer.

NoJoke

Veteran Member
Subscribed and wishing for good results GSX! The more people heading this direction the better! My project is finally being started so will post results in the coming months. There is also one more person(in the states) with a PD (already AWD) doing compounds as well.

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
Our next target is 280bhp/L (already got ~250bhp/L) from our IDI engine and we now have parts for ++300bhp/L. CR is still 23:1.:D

Hopefully we get it into high 9s zone while still being daily driver with full interior and towing bar... Trap should be around 230kmh while weighting 1500kg. This can end up with a big bang as well...

Only major problem is that we have only one suitable track to get enough grip (as this is a daily driver and not a trailerqueen), so we won't have many opportunities this summer.
:eek: sometimes I feel like I put way too much money into the wrong engine. :mad: ;) That is great Janne. Be sure to post back some updates on this matter. hopefully it does not blow up. Are those off the shelf parts or custom fab`d parts. Whats wrong with all the race tracks over there, do they have ice on them year round. :p

TDIsyncro

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi/TDI x 2
maybe your the guy that got jealous and broke into my shop then ?
I have been following this thread to see what unique stuff you come up with. I can appreciate your enthusiasm and sometimes I get a little frustrated on here too, however, posts like this are just odd. After the last week, I am inclined to not read your posts anymore as I really don’t care for other peoples soap operas. More facts and I will check back to see your next couple posts. I am looking forward to seeing some hardware. As already pointed out, if it is not well designed and tested and does not live up to claims, it will be a BBQ sooner or later. I don’t think I am the only one thinking this.

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
My apologies for being rude to manuel tranny , I get what you meant now . You can bet that I will have more post divulging more info as it develops , I am just using this forum as a kind of a test bed to make sure our efforts are not in vein , as this is going out on a limb on our part because we are seriously planning to have another company that mass produces parts "JIG UP" to what we build and put it on an assembly line , and this is not cheap to do . I just want to know from the members if we do spend the time and money to make a quality kit that people will be interested to have such a system on their TDI . Every effort is being maid to make this something that's not going to be a nightmare to install , and that it will work with a couple different turbos that people might already have on their car IE the vnt 15 and vnt 17 or 17/22 , which is how we plan to make this an affordable kit by only selling you 1 turbo to add to your existing hardware and it actually work . I hope this makes sense to everyone that I am looking for people to show interest that will give us the green light to spend money on this and make it happen , not just come here making a bunch of claims of this and that to waist time and talk about things that we cant do . If this forum shows enough interest we are going to do what needs to be done . If not I will have a one off on my car LOL

Thanks to everyone

Charlie

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
:eek: sometimes I feel like I put way too much money into the wrong engine. :mad: ;)
My precious 2.5TDI is in the same league...

Are those off the shelf parts or custom fab`d parts.
All custom.

Whats wrong with all the race tracks over there, do they have ice on them year round. :p
Grip is critical to our project and there's only one track here suitable for top fuel dragsters (which means glued track). It would be easy to get more grip, but then it would not be a daily driver anymore...

NoJoke

Veteran Member
turbos that people might already have on their car IE the vnt 15 and vnt 17 or 17/22 , which is how we plan to make this an affordable kit by only selling you 1 turbo to add to your existing hardware and it actually work .
I agree with that $$$! Will the second turbo be variable?

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
For cost and simplicity, the larger turbo should be wastegate. I don't see a very good reason to go for VNT. The small VNT (i.e. VNT-15 or VNT-17) will take care of the initial spoolup.

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
OK , we have had enough response to go ahead with this project . thanks to everyone . The company that's going to do the fab work is saying its going to take a couple of months to do their part , so hang in there and I'll be back with more info as this develops....

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
:eek: sometimes I feel like I put way too much money into the wrong engine. :mad: ;) That is great Janne. Be sure to post back some updates on this matter. hopefully it does not blow up. Are those off the shelf parts or custom fab`d parts. Whats wrong with all the race tracks over there, do they have ice on them year round. :p
no kidding it looks like this 3 liter we are working on will be at 300 hp (crankshaft) with a tune and mild turbo upgrade. The customer wants 400 WHEEL though.. :(.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Pay close attention to piston crown and omega chamber thickness. Cant wait to see how you fare. Your last project was pure kraziness and yet worked. This one will likely work if you keep at it and do some serious (and expensive) r&d. Keep up the good work...it isnt easy to engineer a compound setup thats four season...ask how I know......

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
I think it takes more than a month to design/implement/build a custom turbo setup that works.. There's a LOT involved and that all takes time..

Almost 3 years, lol. I think this guy is a nut job. Too bad, if he worked as hard as his mouth/keyboard, he'd have a few cars running, hehe.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
I read all his threads, he was very entertaining. :cool:

Does anyone believe his compound Bettle ever ran?

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
From the "ole boy" himself. He's partially right, :eek: :D

I tend to avoid the TDI club . Most of the people on there are ignorant jack a$$'s that know about as much as my son when it comes to diesel performance , snotty , snobby , couch mechanics . It seems to be a bit higher caliber conversation going on here . None of us know everything , and the ones that say and or think they do are the ones I tune out .