I'm baaack!

QuickTD

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Audi A4Q 5spd 2.0 TDI 2056VK R783, 2006 Audi A4Q 6spd 2.0 TDI, 2007 A4Q 6spd 2.0 TDI
I can't import most of those cars, not old enough. 15years old and older only (without lots of red tape), so maybe an 06, if the border ever opens. The way things are going, I don't see that happening for at least 5 years. I will have moved on to B8's by then.

I prefer not to PM. If we discuss here, I can just refer all of my other PM's with the same questions to this thread. I've been bombarded lately. That's also the problem with me offering any kind service, I'm one dude with a day job and too many side jobs to list. I don't have staff to answer 200 tune related questions a day. To be honest, I can't take on any more work either, I don't have time. Best to get one of the many pro's to do it. I'll share what I know, time permitting, but I'm not interested in doing the work for you, or anyone else.

Last edited:

TPW

TDI
2005 Passat 5 speed manual, 2003 A6 Avant BHW 6 speed manual, 1986 Audi 5000 Quattro 5 Cylinder Turbo Diesel
Is the C5 A6 a good swap candidate?
I did a 2003 station wagon. Used a 2005 BHW and bought 6 speed from Frans. This car had 4:11 rear end so I didn't need to buy a different one. It's a great car for longer trips, but because of it's weight, it never gets the 40+ mpg that my Passat does.

50harleyrider

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
The A4 quattro's are nice cars. I really want to convert one. I'm driving an 05 TDI Passat variant converted to an FHN 5sp. Pretty nice car but not an Audi. hopefully Malone can do all the reflashing and tuning in a BPW ecu. I'll most likely be moving on to CR's in the near future . I like my deleted and stage 2 tuned 6SP manual NMS. Malone did a wonderful job on the reflash and tune.

Last edited:

J.P.

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GLS, 5spd, ALH TDI, 01 Golf ALH w/ 415,000 miles, 05 B5.5V with 6spd Swap
I am relatively new to the b5.5 realm and have a 6spd swapped 05 wagon with BSM deleted, Colt Stage 2 cam, Malone stage 1.5 tune. It is a comfortable and reasonably quiet car, and consistently gets 37mpg per tank in mixed-use. It doesn't feel as torquey down low as a tuned ALH, but I can pass at will with no worries and it seems to pull stronger at higher rpms. I would like a bit more performance (doesn't everyone!) - it is not as fun as my tuned A4's - but it is a much bigger and more comfortable car. I know user Sprocket in SE MI has a b5.5 wagon with a different turbo and more aggressive tuning.

My car had a 1.8T single mass flywheel (used a lot with 5spd swaps). With that setup, the car had a nasty drone/growl at 1600-2000 rpm and I went through the synchros in less than 10k miles. The 6 speed has a really long input shaft that becomes a torsion bar with a single mass flywheel and shatters synchros at will. Now I have a euro stock 6 spd flywheel/clutch and the car is smooth and pretty quiet.

I still have very notchy shifting (on a fresh rebuild) that I'm trying to sort out. I've read that it could be related to the oil. I've got Redline Lightweight Shockproof oil in it as I intend to tow 4k with it. I'm trying to figure out if it could be related to linkage as well..... Any input from the experts on this thread would be appreciated.

That said - I agree with you style-wise. I am partial to the b5.5 wagon! A roomy and sharp gear and people hauler.

I get down to Grand Rapids periodically and would be more than happy to let you drive the car.

Last edited:

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI
You guys are bad... I am now cruising Facebook marketplace for audis with bad 2.0t engines to do a swap... is there any write up/build thread on the b6 audi bhw swap? I tried to look, but didn't see it.

QuickTD

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Audi A4Q 5spd 2.0 TDI 2056VK R783, 2006 Audi A4Q 6spd 2.0 TDI, 2007 A4Q 6spd 2.0 TDI
You guys are bad... I am now cruising Facebook marketplace for audis with bad 2.0t engines to do a swap... is there any write up/build thread on the b6 audi bhw swap? I tried to look, but didn't see it.
You don't want to do a B6, B7 is the way to go. There are a few B6 swaps in the conversion section.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI
You don't want to do a B6, B7 is the way to go. There are a few B6 swaps in the conversion section.
Sorry, I meant b7, but since that was a couple of pages back I second guessed myself. I saw the v6 conversions, they look like a lot of work.

DeliveryValve

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat GLS Wagon

I have moved on to the Tiguan and putting TDI's in them. The sedan/wagon thing is too low for me, haha. Just looking for a a project to put the BHW in. ...
Hey vwztips, you have pictures of your conversion? This I would like to see.

50harleyrider

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
there are lots of B7's in the states but unfortunately most come from the New England and salt belt states. Any corrosion areas one should look for in particular on the B7's?

QuickTD

Veteran Member
TDI
there are lots of B7's in the states but unfortunately most come from the New England and salt belt states. Any corrosion areas one should look for in particular on the B7's?
Front fenders always rot first, but are cheap and easy to fix. The rest of the car is pretty good. Sometimes they rust where the rear bumper cover touches the body at the wheel arch.