I'm Almost One of You!

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
I\'m Almost One of You!

I went to go visit my new black on black Jetta Wagon GLS TDI - manual, ESP, leather, Monsoon.

I've only to drop by at 6 o'clock to sign the papers and it's MINE!!!!! Hmmm... wonder if I can rack up 500 miles before bedtime...

Thanks to all forum members for the plethora of info you have provided! I look forward to many many years of your continued support and great aTDItude. Meanwhile, I'll probably be enjoying my new toy.

Cheers!

TDISurfer

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS TDI Jetta Wagon Reflex Silver and Jetta '99 GLS Sedan Black
I\'m Almost One of You!

You should post pictures of it on this site...I would love to see the exterior/interior

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
I\'m Almost One of You!

Sounds like a sweet ride. Where are you buying yours from? I got mine from The VW Store in Richardson.

I suggest you check out the great break-in advice that DBW posted on the 101 forum recently. Do you have a good source for fuel picked out?

Congrats and enjoy!!
-tom

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
I\'m Almost One of You!

Is there anywhere (sane) to buy VW's from in DFW besides the VW Store?

I'll probably buy the premium diesel from the Texaco on 75. Alternatively, there's 44 cetane Fina around the corner from the house.

I've read, studied and memorized
the break-in procedures...

I'll wait and post pictures once the Formula One film has been applied to the glass... Black cars look better with tint, and I really need to use up my store credit at Earmark...

For what it's worth... There will now be as many as four TDI's (two Passats, one NB and my Jetta) meeting for dinner most Friday nights in the Plano area... Dinner location is centered around Plano and is discussed on the 444.025 amateur radio repeater and via a Yahoo! group list if anyone is interested. Non amateur radio folks are welcome to join in.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I\'m Almost One of You!

Is there anywhere (sane) to buy VW's from in DFW besides the VW Store?
No idea. I live in Michigan and bought it over the internet. They were a pleasure to deal with. This also gave me a great opportunity to break it in by driving it 1100+ miles home.

I look forward to seeing your photos. What wheels do you have on it?

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
I\'m Almost One of You!

Doh! Michigan took a second to settle in... The other VW dealerships around here are less than friendly... "Diesel Wagon? uh-oh You don't want one of those. We don't have any of those. Come look at this lovely Passat while you're here, though.

Wheels are the stock GLS 15 inchers... I'm thinking about a set of Konig Drivers like I have on my Miata:

Hail-damaged SUV in background no longer lives here. Hooray! I sure am glad it was a lease... Resale on SUVs has gone through the floor.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I\'m Almost One of You!

Black on black on black... That will look very bad-a$$ with the tinted windows. FYI- the guy who gave me a ride from the airport when I went down to pick up my car was a tech for VW Store and had a business on the side painting calipers with some hi temp resistant paint. If you use those wheels, painted calipers would be a nice touch IMO.

What other colors do the Konigs come in?

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
I\'m Almost One of You!

That style only comes in black... And it looks like there are no more to be had this year in either 15 inch or 17 inch sizes...