Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana GTG, who's putting one on?

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
In the past we've had a few gtg's over the years. But I haven't heard about one planned yet for our area this year yet.

I myself have thrown a couple but I have little space, and could only handle 10 or so people. I'd like to see us all come together to a facility that has tools possibly lift a lot of parking with facilities. It would also be great if we could get Jeff from RocketChip to show up!

So if anyone has the ambition to host such an event I'd be more than willing to help plan and do what ever it is that needs to be done to get this started.

So post up your ideas! Surly there has to be some interest in this.

Pm me if you don't want to post in this thread.

Thanks
Jason

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'd love to come out to a GTG in Chicagoland or Wisconsin (especially Wisconsin). I love it out there.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
If you go one more state over, to Michigan, we've got quite a few GTGs... I know it's a pretty good drive, though!

I'm still moving in my new place... but the house needs so much work that it will be a while until I hold my own GTG. When I do... there will be plenty of space to work and play. Since I chose the place because of its outrageously large, heated garage... GTGs will be possible no matter the season or weather!! :)

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Jason:

I'm planning to go to Whitbread's new place in Ohio in June and Marty's place in Michigan in July. I am hoping to get Jeff from Rocketchip to work his magic on Liath at one or the other of these two GTGs. It would be great if I could host a GTG, but short of renting a facility it's not happening. I guess we'll have to wait and see what develops as time goes on. Maybe a GTG in West Allis or Fon du Lac will happen again, or even Janesville, who knows!

Mike:

Your new digs are sounding really interesting! I hope I can make it to your inaugural GTG. I'll bet it will be a real hoot! When are you planning to move up/over there?

Dan

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
I'm in the place right now! But, ripping out cabinets, ripping up carpet, pulling weeds, cleaning up after a couple dozen big trees, fixing the flooding basement with a new sump pump and subsequent clean-up, and... helping a local Flint guy pull his motor out, replace TB/clutch/turbo and diagnose what turned out to be a broken/plugged EGR... have taken their toll on my body.

I'm physically beat. I've taken the last couple days off of the physical work to give my tendons and my brain a chance to recover. I've got to make the 7-hour drive back to IL and pick up my car... well... and most of my garage/tools too, so I can get my IP swapped with a good one and get these lousy cores to someone who knows how to build them right.