Idle screw backed out with a gap in between the throttle linkage

Unfeeling

TDI
95 AHU Jetta mk3
Ya sooo I have a AAZ an I’m turning in the fuel screw an it raise the idle so I turn out the idle bumper screw naturally an now I find myself in a spot where the bumper screw for the idle has a gap in between the tip of the screw an the linkage

Now for my solution lol

on the front of the pump the throttle cable hooks to the linkage now track back to the pedal an stop like 4 inches down the cable an the cable links to the fuel pump on a bracket now if I take that rubber grommet that’s on the cable out it now touches the bumper screw … ???? Is this a fix or is the cable going to get stuck wide open an run me into a tree lol I was thinking zip tie it to pull away from the bracket nothing tight just loose zip ties so it doesn’t get hooked on the backside of the bracket … if it works I’ll post about it on this post but I’ll more then likely take the bracket off if possible so the zip ties are not permanent

thanks for the advice!!

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
The throttle lever never touches the idle screw on a AAZ. You’re turning the residual fuel screw.

Unfeeling

TDI
95 AHU Jetta mk3
The throttle lever never touches the idle screw on a AAZ. You’re turning the residual fuel screw.
Ok got ya how should I be turning down the idle then sorry I’m new to these if you have a picture or a link that would point me in the direction to lower my idle it’s at 1100 when warmed up but 1200 cold

I do want to have some smoke cause I think it’s cool just what I’m looking for lol
Thanks !