ID Parts A5Skidplate and Sideskirts

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Has anyone used this kit from ID for their belly pan?

https://www.idparts.com/belly-pan-s...g-1k0825951n10354602-p-6073.html#product_tabs

The kit looks like a good deal, but 0.04 inch thick aluminum seems pretty thin. I've been wanting to start replacing front end plastic as pretty much every single piece within the front bumper and front wheel wells are broken. Must have been in a front end accident at some point, even the horn bracket was bent back all the way when I did my FrostHeater. Any guidance would be appreciated. Cheers

4breezes

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
The skidplate I received from them (not yet installed) for my 2014 JSW measures 3/16 inch thick. It seems very sturdy.

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
The skidplate I received from them (not yet installed) for my 2014 JSW measures 3/16 inch thick. It seems very sturdy.
Interesting. Maybe they mislabeled the thickness on their website. I'll have to double check. Thanks for the response

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Yep I have 2 of those and saved my step daughter's motor several times.... being 18 years old.... smh.....
Ha, it's definitely insurance for that cast aluminum oil pan. I don't try to hit stuff, but I have been too close for comfort too many times. A metal skidplate would be nice to have.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
I dont try... I avoid them at all costs but her with her car.... I have given her lectures.... lol....

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
Has anyone used this kit from ID for their belly pan?

https://www.idparts.com/belly-pan-s...g-1k0825951n10354602-p-6073.html#product_tabs

The kit looks like a good deal, but 0.04 inch thick aluminum seems pretty thin. I've been wanting to start replacing front end plastic as pretty much every single piece within the front bumper and front wheel wells are broken. Must have been in a front end accident at some point, even the horn bracket was bent back all the way when I did my FrostHeater. Any guidance would be appreciated. Cheers
FYSA, this one is a direct replacement for the plastic belly pan. It will protect the underside of the car, but it's only as strong as the plastic it's attached to. Check out the other posts in this thread that utilize mounting points on the subframe

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
FYSA, this one is a direct replacement for the plastic belly pan. It will protect the underside of the car, but it's only as strong as the plastic it's attached to. Check out the other posts in this thread that utilize mounting points on the subframe
Yeah, I was starting to suspect that. For now I'm going to start with a RockAuto lower grille (mine is busted into several pieces) and wheel wells. Not going to do my front bumper for awhile, even though it has some damage too. Cheers

thatwhitejsw

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 JSW TDI
I bought the ECS one a while back when it was relatively cheap, it's got some scrapes on it but it's been holding up excellently over the past few years!

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI