I thought the 81 Rabbit was gone?

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Rabbit

Whoa...I had a GTI. Man that car was fun in it's day!!! :D

Except for crosswinds on an expressway because it was a box on wheels with a SCREAMIN engine.

People just didn't realize just how fast the GTI was.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
That is a sweet car! That's the rabbit VW should have made back in the early 80's. I wonder if that dash can be had in left hand drive?

Route 66

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW
hamradio was that a 1.6 diesel in the the Rabbit? Do you find it hard to find parts? Has the low sulphur diesel caused the pump to start leaking?

Last edited:

MR42HH

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 530d
Scott_DeWitt said:
That is a sweet car! That's the rabbit VW should have made back in the early 80's. I wonder if that dash can be had in left hand drive?
That dash looks like the 1st gen Skoda Fabia dash, and the steering wheel is straight out of the Lupo 3L...

hamradio

Veteran Member
TDI
IDI.
Bookworm-
My rabbit does have a 1.6 NA diesel. Parts don't seem too bad to find for it; eBay and vwdieseparts.com seem to be good sources of parts. I just got it a few weeks ago; haven't even filled the tank yet. If I fill it with low sulfur, I'm going to put additive in, or biodiesel for lubrication. I intend to change my fuel lines out this summer, and run homebrew B100. I'll see how long it takes for my pump to leak.