I thought I was done, now what of this Bosch stuff?

detroit9k

TDI
2013 PASSAT SEL DSG
I traded in my car on Friday, was paid today. Now I hear of a forthcoming Bosch settlement.

I did not certify as part of any class (i.e., the plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit). Did I miss out?

If no, will this settlement be sent via the VW portal?

If no, where is the new portal?

I am a serial neglecter of getting class-action settlements (write now to claim your $1.32 award). I do not want to forget about this one.

DSL HED

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta wagon DSG
I would think that they'd use what VW already has in place to get the payments to the owners or former owners. Makes the most sense to me. Either way I'm excited to get another $350 I wasn't expecting.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
$700 (2 cars) would be a great Valentine's day present, but why do the 2.0l cars only get $350 and the 3.0l cars get $1500? Doesn't seem very equitable.

tdiesling

TDI
2014 Audi A7 Tdi, 2016 Mercedes Sprinter (CDI) 2500 4x4 (DBA as a 2017 Roadtrek SS Agile), (Sold: 2000 Golf Tdi, 1985 Quantum Td, 1980 Rabbit Diesel (totaled)) 2012 Golf Tdi (Emissions purgatory)
Anyone have any more information on this? Are we part of this suit just by registering with VoA for TDi settlement?

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
$700 (2 cars) would be a great Valentine's day present, but why do the 2.0l cars only get $350 and the 3.0l cars get $1500? Doesn't seem very equitable.
Ever seen a 2.0l sell for $60K +?

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
My question relates to the release signed with VW. It said something about any renumeration received from others like Bosch would be due to VW?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I questioned that clause when I signed the papers but could not really decipher it.

UNsweet

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagon
I was also reading their settlement is going to take into account taxes and crap. So basically "we" took one for the team and they get an all around better deal.

I haven't read my settlement offer yet, I did see Bosch mentioned in there.

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
I took another look at the paragraph related to Bosch in the release that needs to be signed to collect money from the buy back. It would take a team of lawyers at least a few days to interpret what that clause says but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that VW will get the benefit of the Bosch money. I wouldn't count on it going to TDI owners yet.

tjsadler

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6m
Ok, so I'm NOT a lawyer, but... The way I read that paragraph is that if I receive a settlement from Bosch but they then successfully sue VW to be paid back for their settlement then I don't get to keep the money (up to the amount of the restitution payment). If there is a claim against Bosch that Bosch does NOT try to hold VW accountable for (which seems to be the case here) then it's a completely different settlement and I get to keep whatever I get in that settlement. Perhaps one of our resident attorneys could weigh in if I'm off base but the repeated term in the release paragraph is "indemnification". In this case it would appear that Bosch is settling and not seeking "indemnification" from VW.

rrsgrrrl

TDI
14 JSW
Chatted with my attorney yesterday; he sits on the plaintiff steering committee. He advised that if you registered as part of the TDI class, you will automatically get a check from Bosch. They whipped the whole thing together. No further action needed if you've been determined to be an eligible class member already.

DSL HED

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta wagon DSG
Chatted with my attorney yesterday; he sits on the plaintiff steering committee. He advised that if you registered as part of the TDI class, you will automatically get a check from Bosch. They whipped the whole thing together. No further action needed if you've been determined to be an eligible class member already.
Thanks for the information! Very helpful. :)

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Owning a TDi has proven to be financially advantageous.

When I got it in 09, I got a great price from Chris Farnham (RIP), did Cash for Clunkers, and got a $1300 Federal Income tax credit.

On exit, got $1000 loyalty cards from VW, $14,875 buyout, and now another $350 from Bosch.

WHAT A DEAL!!!

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Anyone have any more information on this? Are we part of this suit just by registering with VoA for TDi settlement?
In a word IMO ~~ yes

Just got a video from my CAS lawyer(s) HMG

Not too sure how-when we get the $350

HMG said it was perlimitory

Always felt BOSCH was guilty as he!! ~~~~ and that they too would pay:D

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
If any of you think your TDI is bad, you ought to see all the particulate my Bosch table saw spits out.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
If any of you think your TDI is bad, you ought to see all the particulate my Bosch table saw spits out.
You think that is bad, you ought to see the particulate my Bosch router bits can spit out... Especially when run on that MDF stuff...

;)

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
I took another look at the paragraph related to Bosch in the release that needs to be signed to collect money from the buy back. It would take a team of lawyers at least a few days to interpret what that clause says but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that VW will get the benefit of the Bosch money. I wouldn't count on it going to TDI owners yet.
VW & Bosch colluded together on the cheat device or software.

Occasionally, someone does something so egregious that simply repaying the victim for his damages isn't sufficient. The American justice system recognizes this. Treble damages are a concept provided for by law in certain types of lawsuits. If you're the plaintiff and the court rules in your favor, it can go one step further and award you three times the amount of certain damages. Treble damages only apply in certain situations, however, and they might not be the windfall you imagine.

Grounds

Treble damages are awarded at the discretion of the court, but the court needs grounds – a legally acceptable reason. The individual you've sued must not only be guilty of some wrongdoing, but he must have committed the act deliberately, knowing it was wrong. This is in contrast to negligence, which can occur out of ignorance or oversight. An order of treble damages is meant as punishment, not just to compensate you for money you lost because of the defendant's actions. Courts generally award treble damages in corporate lawsuits,

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
Very nice. Need to buy some stuff for my S65. An extra 350 bucks is very welcome.

Any word on when checks will get disbursed?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

AmandaSch

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Very nice. Need to buy some stuff for my S65. An extra 350 bucks is very welcome.

Any word on when checks will get disbursed?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
I read in the auto week article final hearing would be in may of this year, but how/when we get $$ don't know.