I think my fuel filler neck is leaking

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Volks:

Today I was filling up my wife's 2015 NMS Passat, "Gin", and when I attempted to top the car up as I have done on all previous fill-ups an attendant at the fuel station shouted that fuel was leaking out of my car. When I looked underneath the car, it certainly was running down the side of the tank and dripping onto the ground. No fuel had spilled out of the filler hole as I was carefully dribbling fuel into the tank to bring it up to full/full, so that was not the issue. I have owned this car for over 2 years now and this is the first time that this has happened while fueling the car. I am wondering whether a clamp or hose has come loose on the top part of the filler neck allowing fuel to leak out when I get the fuel level high enough. I am assuming that there is a main hose for the fuel to run down into the tank and a second hose for the vent line. Is anyone familiar with this setup that can offer any advice or suggestions about what is going on? Any help would be appreciated.

Dan