I regret selling my 2014 Jetta 6MT back...

VocalVirgo

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan Value Edition, Platinum Grey, 6MT
I sold my gorgeous, perfect 2014 Jetta TDI (it was literally the last of them that had no emissions crap on it. No DEF... and I regret selling it. That thing was fast as Hell and was so fun to drive and I got a real-world 55 MPG on the highway and 45 MPG in the city. My spouse is awesome, but I felt pressured to sell it back because of "how dirty it was". I could have towed a small camper behind it and life would have been good. Man, I regret selling. Did any of you keep yours? Still no fix for the '14 Jettas, so you got your apology money and still have the same performance... Had I known, lol.

I hope you guys and gals and others are all doing well. Stay safe out there.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
The few '14 Jetta TDI sedans with 6MT that I have seen for sale all come up with the emissions fix completed.

Metal Man

Vendor
TDI
1998 NB TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2014 Tiguan gas, , 2019 E Golf X2
There's no fix for a 14 Jetta or is that a CA thing? I was surprised everyone sold them back, but they did make it attractive to do so.

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M
I sold my 2012 JSW 6m back but replaced with a fixed 2015 Passat TDI 6m that has more room and gets better MPG. No regrets and the def usage is a non issue. Went from 66k mile 2012 to 18K mile 2015 and was able to pocket some change in the process.

jdyno718

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE Manual
I had a 2012 passat 6MT, no fix available either. I was on the fence about keeping or selling. then someone hit the passenger side... I got about 5K from insurance and then sold it back. Fast forward about 11 months i happened to find another 2012 passat 6MT that was traded into the dealer about two weeks after the end of the buyback. I bought it and have no regrets. so good to be back in the car.

The car did have a ton of issues that popped up within 30 miles of me leaving the dealers, but we worked out a deal, they bought all the parts, about $3500 worth and I installed them. No problems since.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I sold my gorgeous, perfect 2014 Jetta TDI (it was literally the last of them that had no emissions crap on it. No DEF... and I regret selling it.
You do know it has quite a bit of "emissions crap" on it, right? High and low EGR, CAT, DPF, exhaust flap, etc.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
'91 Jetta, '91 GTI, '04 Touareg
*finger violin*

It happened due to your inability to enlighten your spouse on how her iphone, makeup, clothes, sunglasses, shoes, even the coffee you drink is not helping our environment either. Bet she loves shopping without actually needing like the rest of the country. And let's not forget the other manufacturing epidemic, child labor, and how many are kidnapped into doing so.

But I digress. Do not fret as the '15-up commonrails are a much better product :)

Last edited:

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
Kept my '14 Golf. It got fixed. Has the upgraded warranty but runs great, so I haven't had to use it. Has 86K and change on it now.