I need to stop...

TylerSales

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 New Beetle
Ok so for the past couple of months all I have been doing is getting on here all the time to see if any new ideas have come up. And whats worse if EVERY time i go to start Calculus homework, wammo I have the laptop open and on my legs laying in bed just hoping for something new!!! ARG! Just thought I would let everyone know that this site has some of the best reading material. If only you could get your kids involved with your car you would have no problem having them read the twenty minutes a day during the summer that they are supposed to!

Phred

TDI
2005 Golf
I've spent so much time on the forums researching a new TDI purchase, I didn't go grocery shopping for a week. Ran out of food. ;-)

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Phred said:
I've spent so much time on the forums researching a new TDI purchase, I didn't go grocery shopping for a week. Ran out of food. ;-)
LOL that's great so I'm not the only one that spends a little time reading on here? Should let my wife know :D

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I know I spent too much time on here

Oh well, I don't plan on kicking the habit yet... :)

SoaceMunky

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue Anthracite Golf IV, 13 miles and counting ;)
3-4 hours, over like 40 or 60 times i check this website from the time im awake to the time i pass out...im sure having a computers EVERYWHERE i go is nothing good either, but the car is like bigger than god

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
There's a thread for this already... :p

Anyway, I nearly failed a class because of TDIClub.

Luckily, got a C, so I passed it by every measure necessary (just). Just didn't get the A- I was looking for ;)

GPA for this quarter is still a 3.2something (of course, Campus Connect is saying that it's a 4.0, which is WRONG, unless "pass" for this course means 4.0, and "fail" means 0.0...)

Cumulative GPA is still north of 3.5, and is higher (3.8-3.9 territory) if Campus Connect actually is right :D

kristifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I'm the same. I had my Jetta for a year now and got bored with. Some older lady came up to me at a Espresso stand and gave me a TDI Club business card and here I am fixed all my problems my self instead of going to the stealer-ship ( only with everyones help on-line here), and already upgrading. My wife is going to hate me sooner or later. We bought as a commuter car.

dubCanuck1

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, MKII/2002 ALH TDI (In progress)
Same here. More than a few times I've been reading through articles and my alarm clock rings telling me it's time to get up for work.

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
I usually check out the forum when I have a free moment between classes and homework... several times a day. It's what I read in the morning over breakfast, It's what I cool off with after a long day... I think we're going to need a TDI club support group soon. Ohh and I think my girlfriend and family are planning some sort of intervention j/k.

SilverTDIGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI
At my previous job, 4 of the 8 hours involved sitting around and waiting... So as you can guess, I was always glued to TDICLUB. My co-workers and boss would roll their eyes everytime they saw me plastered to the chair by the computer. :)
Now I do not have that luxury, but I still somehow manage to squeak some time in when I should probably be sleeping. :O

bradfa

Veteran Member
TDI
No TDIs anymore :(
Anything with the word "forum" is blocked by the firewall at work. . .

So when there are threads I have to find to read at work, Google cache comes to the rescue! :D
Although I don't have much free time at work these days :(

Somehow, I thought, at some point, I'll have read every thread on here. . . It hasn't happened yet, and by the looks of it, won't happen for a loooooong time. :D

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
The firewall blocks Web_Forums, but it isn't actually scanning for "forum" or "forums" in the URL.

This can lead to some scenarios where the Vortex forums are blocked, but the Car Lounge forums AREN'T, and are the same forums.

bradfa

Veteran Member
TDI
No TDIs anymore :(
I think our firewall (or DNS lookup, basically the same from where I'm sitting at my desk at work) is the part actually blocking based upon the word "forum". As all destinations with the word "forum" or "forums" in the name are blocked. Unless the word forum shows up within another word.

Maybe I'll have to try modifying my DNS lookup in Windows on my machine to no parse the higher up DNS servers to get the forum IP. . . Then I could. . . :D

Then again. Without TDI club at work, I actually get work done. So it may not be a bad thing that I can't get here when I'm there. . .

Last edited: