I have never seen a 2015 Golf TDI SEL Sedan Hatchback - can anyone tell me or show me a picture of the rear entry into the cargo space area.

Physicsdog

TDI
Still looking
I am concerned about buying this model if there is a "lip" which forces me to lift, let's say, a bin or crate over the lip in order to get cargo into the back end. My views of Sportswagens (both Jetta and Golf ones) make me believe that you can just slide things into the cargo area. All of the pictures I have been able to find on the 2015 Golf TDI SEL Sedan hatchback are inconclusive regarding a possible "lip". I am driving maybe an hour or so next week and would rather skip it if I have to lift things over any kind of obstruction or lip to get things into the back end. I have a bad back from too many unscheduled landings and it isn't getting any better. Please straighten me out on this possible obstruction to getting this model/year vehicle. Thanks in advance, dog

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There is, not a huge amount. If it would help you, you could fabricate a false floor that would raise it up a bit more like what the wagons have. You really cannot "slide" things in and out like that anyway, because you'll mangle the weatherstrip and the bumper cover in short order like that. It isn't a pickup truck.

One of my customers, who DOES think his Jetta wagon is a pickup truck ;) , made a little cargo box with its own little tailgate that hangs down over the bumper when opened (imagine a miniature wooden pickup bed and tailgate INSIDE the back end of the car). Pretty clever, and kept the back end of the car from getting abuse.

Physicsdog

TDI
Still looking
Thank you for the rapid reply Mr. Hammer! Would you say that both the lip on this and the ones on the Wagens are about the same? In other words, passing on the 2015 Golf TDI SEL Sedan hatchback and waiting for a similar year Jetta or Golf Sportswagen would be a mistake as I will have the same non-sliding problem with either one? I really want a VW TDI so I'm just hoping the fix won't be an engineering problem - would you say the elevation difference which would get me over the weatherstrip is at or less than 4"?

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
The station wagon is very practical. You can slide most things in carefully.
What kind of cargo are you thinking about?

It's still a compact car, and not a pick up.
Also, why the focus on a TDI?

Also, there is no such thing as a 2015 Golf TDI SEL Sedan hatchback, at least not in the usa

Physicsdog

TDI
Still looking
Mostly we use collapsible crates or 27 gallon bins for moving things between Utah and AZ. I currently have a 2500HD Denali Diesel so I am good for large things... I am focused on the TDI because our family has standardized on diesel. It stores well and the flash point compared to gasoline is important. I like torque and have always wanted a VW TDI since they came out. I tried to talk my wife into one but she held out for a BMW X5 35D.
I also have a Mahindra Roxor which has a 2.5 turbo diesel in a Willys CJ3 body. It was accepted into a Replica program in SC so I have big plates. Thank you for the correction as I am new to this newer line of VW cars. Could you please tell me what the actual nomenclature is for this vehicle?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I can't get past the idea of such a thing as a Sedan Hatchback

A 2015 golf is just a hatchback.

A 2015 Jetta is a sedan. trunk = sedan

A 2015 Golf Sportwagen is a station wagon (about a foot longer extra room in the hatch than the regular Golf, but the same wheelbase)