I "FUDGED" something up "Help"

BRMTDI

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI BRM PD140 Turbo, PD150 Injectors RC2+
OK so long story short I have a 2006 VW Jetta TDI and I was switching out some LED's on my interior, I changed my climatic panel lights, anyway one of the joints must of touched each other and heated up and I popped a fuse. Climatic panel stopped working after that, I took apart the panel and found where the issue was, reworked the panel with a heat gun and got the climatic panel working again and fixed the joint with the issue. I changed the fuse that popped on the car.

No the only issue I have left if that when ignition is off the headlight switch will cycle lights on and off fine....when the ignition is on it wont give that option, headlights go right to on, also interior panels wont dim.

I first thought it was a CECM module so I ordered a high line CECM swapped that out....still same issue is present.

If anyone has any input of anything else I should check, car is half apart, I am fixing all the wiring mess, in the mean time but this was the main reason for digging into the car....everything is apart and dont want to put it back together until I figure this out....I looked through Bentley manual kinda ran out of things to check if anything has any suggestions?

Last edited:

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
I would look back at the climactic panel you worked on.

not sure, but can you unplug it and see if the lights work ok?

could be one of the power circuits are shorted.

either that or a wire some place got shorted to another one from the work.

(note this is pure guesswork on my part)

BRMTDI

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI BRM PD140 Turbo, PD150 Injectors RC2+
Lights mysteriously started working correctly on there own. I might just push ahead with the climatronic swap I had planned I am sure in the process it will correct any short there might be.