I FINALLY SAW ONE!!! Queens, NY

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
Holy cow, I saw one. Here in Queens, NY. It is my twin on top of that, silver Jetta Wagon (bearing CT plates though), although it looks newer than mine. I was about to have a heart attack. I was driving home and saw the car parked at the coner of 84th st and Atlantic and all I could do is point to it with jaws open, unable to speak and all my husband did was look at me like I am crazy. Anyway, the important thing is I SAW ONE!!! Wonder if the owner is visiting the city or lives around here or if s/he belong to the club.
Jess

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
Will do will do. I can't waite to see another! A bit far from Quebec. Are you taking a road trip?

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
Sorry to hear that you are so TDI deprived in NY. I see about 5-6 TDIs every day (not including the four in my driveway).

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
superfastsilver,
have a great trip. Will keep my eyes peeled on Wed.

McBrew,
Yep, I guess that sums it up. I am TDI deprived. By the way, I didn't see that car again today so I am thinking it was just visiting.

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
Another!

I saw one more today on LIE exiting at Van Dam. (Dark) Blue Jetta A4 (I think) with an older gentleman driving with a female passenger. By the time I saw them it was too late to honk or wave hi.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
In my neighborhood (within 2 blocks) there are three. A Jetta TDI, a New Beetle TDI and my car Passat TDI. There are lots of 'em in town here.

cecigomez

TDI
White 2002 VW Jetta TDI
Finally I found other people who are in awe when they see a TDI, anything!!! I live in Los Angeles, CA and I see on e every month or two and just like you guys I jump, scream and honk of joy every single time I see one. To tell you the truth guys, most of the TDI owners that I’ve come across either don’t know what a great car they have, don’t care and do it just for the fuel economy or are simply having a bad day because every time that I jump of excitement all I get are “You Crazy!?!?!?” looks. Even though I don’t see TDI’s that often here in L.A. I’m happy because I get to see, smell and drive my baby every day!!! Can I get a woo woot?!?!?! :D

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
So funny to hear other TDI stories, up here in Ontario, TDI's are Everywhere, literally. On my drive down the freeway to work everyday, about 95% of the MK4 & MK5 Jetta's and Golf's that I see are TDI's, and I see too many to keep count, hmmm, maybe I should keep count!

I would guess the number would be somewhere north of 25, and those are just the ones going the same way as me!

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Sweeps - so true. Ran into a couple at the Niagara Falls Outlet Mall who were driving a Jetta TDI with Ontario plates. Think they thought I was nuts.

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
cecigomez: You make me miss CA!! :( Not because there're few TDIs but I just love CA people (like you). (Most) New York City people are not nice....

cecigomez said:
Finally I found other people who are in awe when they see a TDI, anything!!! I live in Los Angeles, CA and I see on e every month or two and just like you guys I jump, scream and honk of joy every single time I see one. To tell you the truth guys, most of the TDI owners that I’ve come across either don’t know what a great car they have, don’t care and do it just for the fuel economy or are simply having a bad day because every time that I jump of excitement all I get are “You Crazy!?!?!?” looks. Even though I don’t see TDI’s that often here in L.A. I’m happy because I get to see, smell and drive my baby every day!!! Can I get a woo woot?!?!?! :D

Audi5000TDI

Banned
TDI
Passat, 1996, Grey
Jessica Rabbit, your not bad, your just drawn that way!

I live in L.A. also, seeing a TDI occurs about as often as the GF and I have sex anymore, so it's special. I was in Utah last weekend, and that was a nice treat, seeing 4 or 5 of them every day around Provo. They just seem so common over there. Here in CA, they are like seeing an endangered species in your back yard, rare.

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
You get a "Woo Woot" from me!

cecigomez said:
I had a similar experience in PA in late May when I met up with another club member in philly - was nice to hear someone say they were a member when I handed them a card. So keep on Woo Wooting!

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
superfastsilver said:
I have a blue wagon and will be driving your vincinity on wednesday night :) Québec plate, if you see me, give me a honk!
I didn't see you! Hope you are having a nice time driving through the Big Apple. :D

Audi5000TDI said:
Jessica Rabbit, your not bad, your just drawn that way!
Hey, my husband is alive and well and not being framed for anything. How can I be bad? :D

cecigomez

TDI
White 2002 VW Jetta TDI
:( Audi5000TDI, lol that's very funny.......we all know what I'm talking about right?? Is that really how often you..........see a TDI.:p Anyway, you live in L.A.??? How cool!!! Which mechanic do you use? I have yet to find one close by. By the way, I couldn't agree with you more, they are like endangered species, the last time I saw one was about three weeks ago and the girl driving it totally ignored me when I honked. :(

Jessica Rabbit, I was planning on moving to New York soon, should I reconsider?? Not only are TDI's super rare but NYC people are mean too? If NYC people are mean then, Hmmmmm........I'll stick to L.A. and all of the mean people that we have here.

BrucetMoose, I have yet to meet someone from the club here in L.A. But, Ill give YOU a woo woot!!!!!!

NegativeEd

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Dieselgate
TDI's are kinda of rare in NY I guess. Our poor NY Cousins can't purchase new TDI's... only used. Which makes me think I should buy a new Jetta and just let it sit in the garage 'til next year....

Anyway... some times I see other TDI owners and they don't even notice.... and some times I don't notice them... could be the happiness and bliss that overcomes you as you pass every gas station you pass as you do 80 with the A/C on knowing you are getting 40 mpg while those around you stop every other day to top off... could be that you're listening to something GROOVY on the supah loud radio...

One memorable experience I had was at a rest stop on the Merrit Parkway south bound in CT. I was pulling out and an older woman was jumping and pointing at my car and grinning ear to ear... then she pointed to her ride... a 2002 reflex silver Golf TDI... exactly the same as mine.

Which made me smile and realise it's not just little boys who get excited about their TDI... it's pretty much everyone who doesn't have their head firmly planted in their "verticle smile".

Yo!... and other ghetto greetings....

Negative Ed

superfastsilver

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2005, Indigo
jessica_rabbit said:
I didn't see you! Hope you are having a nice time driving through the Big Apple. :D
It was a great trip!! And it was not me on LIE, I did not go that way and I'm only 34, sooo.. it really can't be me!

I got a ticket on my way back though.. :( I was getting into the construction and got pulled over as I was coasting to the posted speed limit flowing with the traffic... If I plead not guilty, I will have to appear in court and it's not worth losing a day of work to try to get out of it.. :eek: Hope the Judge will be nice with my case

And speaking of California, I saw a couple every now and then when I went there.. wich was almost every week, last year. and you're right, CA poeple are nicer. :p

imperium

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
I too get excited when I see another TDIer. Sometimes they wave back, sometimes they look at me like I am nuts. :(

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
It's always to know I am not the only one who is NUTs when TDIs are concerned!

superfastsilver said:
It was a great trip!! And it was not me on LIE, I did not go that way and I'm only 34, sooo.. it really can't be me!

I got a ticket on my way back though.. :( I was getting into the construction and got pulled over as I was coasting to the posted speed limit flowing with the traffic... If I plead not guilty, I will have to appear in court and it's not worth losing a day of work to try to get out of it.. :eek: Hope the Judge will be nice with my case

And speaking of California, I saw a couple every now and then when I went there.. wich was almost every week, last year. and you're right, CA poeple are nicer. :p
Wow! You centainly traval a lot. to CA every week! I want to go to CA every week. But then I would spend all my days driving. :eek: Sorry to hear about the ticket though! Too bad you can't fight a moving violation on-line. We get a lot of parking tickets here in the city and we always fight them online. ;)

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
cecigomez said:
Jessica Rabbit, I was planning on moving to New York soon, should I reconsider?? Not only are TDI's super rare but NYC people are mean too? If NYC people are mean then, Hmmmmm........I'll stick to L.A. and all of the mean people that we have here.
Somehow I skipped replying to this post. sorry cecigomez! Well, let's just put it this way, you are only allowed to move here if you bring your TDI with you or else! :D

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
ANOTHER! I am lucky this week!

Hey All!
I saw a black A4 tdi, tinted windows, NY plates parking at Liberty and 80th St. in Queens today around 4 pm. I wanted to honk to see if anyone would run out to claim it but decided that I don't want a "disturbance of peace" ticket. By the way, I think my husband is catching on my nuttiness, he saw the sedan first and pointed it out to me, I had to back up in the one way street to see it for myself! :D
Jess

superfastsilver

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2005, Indigo
jessica_rabbit said:
Wow! You centainly traval a lot. to CA every week! I want to go to CA every week. But then I would spend all my days driving. :eek: Sorry to hear about the ticket though! Too bad you can't fight a moving violation on-line. We get a lot of parking tickets here in the city and we always fight them online. ;)
Online? That's cool.

BTW, I was traveling to CA everyweek and I was flying there.. ;) I love driving, but not that much! :D

robnitro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS silver
I'm out in queens these days, in Woodhaven, Ozone Park, Richmond Hill. I drive a silver 2001 Jetta TDI, that has the lift kit and a black bumper.

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
robnitro said:
I'm out in queens these days, in Woodhaven, Ozone Park, Richmond Hill. I drive a silver 2001 Jetta TDI, that has the lift kit and a black bumper.
Cool, I am there, too. I will be looking for you in the neighborhood. HONK when you see me. Maybe we can go get some coffee. :D

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
Hehe... another!

I saw another one today on Jacki Robinson Pkwy S, Silver Mk4 with NY plates. I saw it just as I was about to exit at Woodhaven/Myrtle Ave. I honked but didn't know if I made myself seen. :D YAY! I love seeing TDIs.