Hydrogen Generator and MAF/MAP sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

torahtom

TDI
1996 Passat Sedan, 250K
I was wondering if anyone could help me know what to do with this information I pulled off the internet:

"There is no generator on the market that will maintain increased mpg without a MAP/MAF Programmer. If you put an HHO generator on your car or truck without a MAP/MAF programmer, you are wasting your time and money! What happens when you hook a HHO system to your engine, you are putting a much cleaner fuel into your engine than gasoline. This causes your O2 sensor the read the exhaust gas as too clean, and makes your injectors put more fuel into the engine to "dirty up" the exhaust gas. This is why you will lose the gains you get from the HHO generator. The MAP/MAF programmer, allows you to override the sensors, and manually adjust the amount of fuel you engine gets. It's the only way to make the system work as intended."

I pulled this information off the Internet and was wondering how I can reprogram my ECU so it will not put more fuel into the engine. I seem to be using more fuel than before, since I installed this Hydrogen generator. This is probably why the hydrogen generators work so well on the older cars as they have no MAP/MAP sensors and ECU's to program. If you know how to set the vag com or scan gauge to make it read like it is burning too much fuel and fool the ECU, let me know. This seems like what I need to do to get any results as far as increased MPG for this investment. Tom:confused:

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
__. Tom, there's a basic principle here -- "HYDROGEN GENERATORS" DO NOT WORK -- period. You can convert your MAF until it makes $20 a pound gourmet French cheese come out of the tailpipe and it still won't make a "hydrogen generator" do any good. It takes more energy to split H and O out of water than you get by burning it.

__. If it makes you feel good to run the thing on your car, well, it's your car. But tell us, how much did you pay for the "plans" for this thing? But you're never going to get higher MPG's. Nobody is. They don't work. A pound of air weighs a pound, push down on a 2foot lever with 10 pounds and a 1foot other end will push up 20 pounds. Check out Isaac Newton and the other scientists who have put together the physical laws that make our world work.

__. Oh, yeah, there's another thing you should know. "HYDROGEN GENERATORS" DO NOT WORK.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
torahtom said:
I was wondering if anyone could help me know what to do with this information I pulled off the internet:

"There is no generator on the market that will maintain increased mpg without a MAP/MAF Programmer. If you put an HHO generator on your car or truck without a MAP/MAF programmer, you are wasting your time and money! What happens when you hook a HHO system to your engine, you are putting a much cleaner fuel into your engine than gasoline. This causes your O2 sensor the read the exhaust gas as too clean, and makes your injectors put more fuel into the engine to "dirty up" the exhaust gas. This is why you will lose the gains you get from the HHO generator. The MAP/MAF programmer, allows you to override the sensors, and manually adjust the amount of fuel you engine gets. It's the only way to make the system work as intended."

I pulled this information off the Internet and was wondering how I can reprogram my ECU so it will not put more fuel into the engine. I seem to be using more fuel than before, since I installed this Hydrogen generator. This is probably why the hydrogen generators work so well on the older cars as they have no MAP/MAP sensors and ECU's to program. If you know how to set the vag com or scan gauge to make it read like it is burning too much fuel and fool the ECU, let me know. This seems like what I need to do to get any results as far as increased MPG for this investment. Tom:confused:
SNAKE OIL! BS meter is pegged at full scale.
It reads like a scam intended for gassers.

Do you have any pics of your install?
Your profile indicates you have a 1996 Passat. Is it a gasser (gasoline) or TDI (diesel)?

Last edited:

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
I believe this Snake oil topic is banned. If it really did work don't you think everyone would be doing it? Frankly it can't work unless you can pull yourself up by your boot straps or violate a very important law of physics.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
The OP has been a member here for two years and does not know HHO systems are crap and a banned subject?

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.