Hvac and engine blow by

Yoohoo48

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
#1: So I have a problem Google can't solve on my new to me 2006 jetta tdi. The heat only works in between modes having to do with the floor, or on the floor mode itself. When turned to face or defrost directly the heat goes cold. This vehicle has, as I understand it, manual climate controls. I was curious as to what could cause this?

#2: I also own and have owned multiple diesel trucks, all of which have had little or no blow by. This car seems to have an excessive amount of it through the oil filler cap as when removing it the cap almost dances. This caused the previous owner to believe the car needed a turbo due to oil collection in the charge air ducting and the ic itself. I however verified little shaft play side to side and none in/out. Also verified was 15.7 psi of boost. How much blow by/oil consumption should this vehicle realistically have and what could be causing it?

Any help offered is greatly appreciated.

Yoohoo48

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
Nothing from anyone? I have been searching like mad and have yet to find a fix for the hvac problem. Blow by from what I have read is normal. But now I have a new problem.

Radio wont turn on at all. It was in safe mode after battery replacement and was removed from power while in safe mode. Now it wont turn on at all. Thoughts?

Yoohoo48

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
So I have done some digging. Blend door servo responds to temperature changes on foot mode. I can physically see the actuator bottom out on full heat however when switched it backs off about a quarter inch to cold thus giving me my no heat on vent. This is a climatic system and the heat only works fully on floor. Does as described on any other mode. I do not have vcds. Please share any and all advice.

Yoohoo48

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
So I have done some digging. Blend door servo responds to temperature changes on foot mode. I can physically see the actuator bottom out on full heat however when switched it backs off about a quarter inch to cold thus giving me my no heat on vent. This is a climatic system and the heat only works fully on floor. Does as described on any other mode. I do not have vcds. Please share any and all advice.
EDIT: Found the issue. Faulty vent temp sensor above the interior fuse panel.